“Don't know why I like this place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Standing Stone Brewing Company

Standing Stone Brewing Company
Ranked #6 of 147 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ashland, Oregon, United States
“Don't know why I like this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

When I have visitors this is where I take them. When I think of Ashland, I think of Standing Stone. Maybe its the bikes outside, maybe it's the location.....They're actually hit and miss for me. I am not always satisfied when I come here but for some reason, maybe it's the atmosphere, I just keep coming back. Their food is good but I don't like that I have to pay extra for fries. Their fish tacos are excellent but their lamb isn't. The beer is good but not as good as Calderas. I like their outside seating and I enjoy the events they put on. LOL Like I said, I don't know why but I just like Standing Stone.

• Visited February 2013

Roseburg, Oregon
“Yuppie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stopped here for a beer on Saturday, February 9, 2013. We'd been here before on our way to California two summers ago and at that time we were seated outside which was very nice. But since it was the month of February and cold, we were seated inside the restaurant and the atmosphere was just ok. The beer choices were small - around 7 choices overall. My husband chose the I Love Oregon Ale - which he stated was fruity, some hoppy taste and gave the grade of "B". Altho we didn't eat here, there were many food choices. Ashland has 2 Brewpubs: Standing Stone and Caldera Brewery and Restaurant right down the street. After we left Standing Stone, we visited Caldera which completely dominated Standing Stone on beer choices, ambiance, warmth and cozyness. I guess if you like higher beer prices and that Yuppie feel, you'll like this place. For us, we'd prefer paying less and feeling more comfortable.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Kalamazoo
“Great atmosphere, electic food selections & home brewed beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you like brew pubs, you will like this restaurant which is comfortable, airy, lots of room and welcoming to children. The restaurant offers a wide selection of choices and the staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. Service was good and fast, especially considering the number of patrons. This is obviously a popular spot and fits in well with the college atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Anderson
“Have to eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had dinner and drinks here, it was delicious. I even had to take the extra home and eat it the next day, still good. Plan to go there again in the spring.

Visited January 2013
Carlsbad, California
“OK place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

OK food. We were told we would get 6 oz of Salmon but it was more like 4 oz and overcooked. The beer was ok, but not outstanding. The wait staff was very nice.

Visited January 2013

Been to Standing Stone Brewing Company? Share your experiences!