“Be prepared to be disappointed.”

Standing Stone Brewing Company
Ranked #6 of 160 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The atmosphere is casual and inviting, good selection of beer, wait staff is pleasant. However, this is the 3rd time i've eaten here in the last few months and my meals have been quite awful. Last night I order the salmon - it came with smashed potatoes (yumm) and sauted asia-type veggies. The salmon was over cooked, dry, and tasteless, and the asia style veggies weren't suitable to the overall dish. It took about 5 minutes to get my ticket and another 10 minutes to get my pumpkin cheesecake to go. The waiter apologized to me (& several other tables) for the delay explaining the kitchen was OVERWHELMED (OMG are you kidding! - who's managing the kitchen???). Finally, the waiter went behind the counter and packaged up my pumpkin cheesecake to go. BUT, when i got home i discovered I didn't get the pumpkin cheesecake I had been looking forward too all evening, especially after the disappointing salmon. On my previous visits I ordered a med rare hamburger and it arrived BURNT! - had to send it back, the second one wasn't much better; I love fish and chips & usually order it when it see it on a menu, but my fish tasted like bad grease.

There are newer reviews for Standing Stone Brewing Company

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We ate twice at Standing Stone on our most recent vistit to Ashland. A great location downtown, close to the theatres. We ate lunch both times and were looking for a light meal. The soups and salads are wonderful. The clam chowder was probably the best we have had anywhere, including both coasts. The pizza is thin crust and perfect for two people to share. The salads are fresh and loaded with walnuts and delicious dressings. The menu has a great choice of entrees and sandwiches. The seating areas are spacious so you don't feel cramped or that you are sitting on to of other people. Despite the wonderful selection of good eating establishments in Ashland we certainly plan to come here again when we are in town.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

The owners of Standing Stone have been improving for a number of years, reducing waste, finding local farm sources for the food, and continuing to produce excellent beer. They encourage employees to bicycle to work, and are actively involved with supporting green efforts locally. But none of this would matter much if the food wasn't good, and it is! They are also quite sensitive to food allergies.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Husband and I had a deal from our hotel to eat dinner here. We love beer and micro-brews so I was excited to give it a try.

The service was really slow. And the restaurant wasn't busy so I guess maybe this is just the kind of place you come when you aren't super hungry. We ordered the curry sweet potato fries which were probably the best thing we had there. And I hate sweet potatoes!

My husband ordered the tempeh stir fry and I had the chicken marsala. Both were ok...but just kind of bland. We had a hard time getting the waiter to bring us more water and he never asked about another beer.

So....I guess I should have gone by the reviews I read online at another site and just went for appetizers. I think you can do better in Ashland for dinner.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Standing Stone has been around for awhile and has maintained the same excellent standards. Although at times it may seem trendy, this place really is good.
Prices tend to be a little higher than I remember

Been to Standing Stone Brewing Company? Share your experiences!