“Easy to like”

Standing Stone Brewing Company
Ranked #6 of 160 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Standing Stone is an easy place to go to and easy to like. Full bar, lunch and dinner. Several seating options, all good, including a patio in summer with umbrellas. Simple menu, all (almost) good. I go here often. The only thing that disappointed me was an overly sweet salad dressing on one salad. Nice fresh flowers on the tables. Good mini pizzas, good fish, good burgers, good soup. I don't drink beer, but the martinis are nice.

There are newer reviews for Standing Stone Brewing Company

Reviewed March 5, 2011

Nice place in a generic sort of way - exposed ducts, beer vats, brick walls. They were all out of their specialty beers when we went, so it got down to "Okay, what beer do you have?" The food is alright but very expensive, for what it is. I would recommend this place to go have a beer with a friend and only when they are well stocked.

1  Thank Siempreviajo
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I almost forgot I came here during my visit to Ashland.

The food is simple and good, but over-priced. I appreciate the sustainable notions about the place. The space is really cool looking, with brick and viewable brewing on the second floor. The mood is impersonal and generic. A live band was playing bad soft rock hits. They played well and could have been good if they played something original. We had two beers, both were good, but boring.

Reviewed February 1, 2011

I usually love eating at breweries. Good dependable pub food. The Standing Stone was another story. Maybe it was just a bad day for the cook, or the waitress, but....? It was really COLD in there, and service was very slow.
I was shocked to see that if I wanted a burger would have to pay around ten dollars PLUS 2 more dollars IF I wanted french fries. They didn't have regular french fries, only Garlic Fries...which were soggy, luke warm, and what garlic there was was burnt and gross. The Chicken Garlic Pizza was tasteless and not garlicy at all. The buffalo chicken sandwich was spicy, but the sauce was nothing like a regular buffalo sauce. The lamb sandwich was dry and overcooked. I really wanted to order the fish and chips, but I couldn't bring myself to do it at $14.00 for lunch. On one positive note, the beer was pretty good.
I have been to many brew pubs and I was very disappointed. I won't go there ever again...hopefully the other breweries around here have more affordable and better tasting food.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

Simply put...we loved it and we will go back the next time we are in Ashland. We tried the Creamy Garlic Chicken Pizza, the Lamb Pita, the Linguine with Marinara and Italian Sausage and the Cobb Salad. All of them were excellent.