“Horrible Customer Service!”

Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
San Diego
“Horrible Customer Service!”
Reviewed November 1, 2007

Everyone was fine (hotel was a little dumpy) until I got my visa bill. As it turns out, they screwed up and booked my room a day earlier and charged me a no show fee (full room rate) even thought I did stay at the hotel and checked in, saying I had a reservation without issue.

I called the owner Mukesh Patel serveral times, but he never bothered
to return my calls to resolve. The management obviously has twice the
money I booked for, so it would appear that he has no reason to call me back in an effort to resolve. I'd recommend staying elsewhere because of how they deal with customer complaints.

• Liked — Proximity to freeway
  • Disliked — Terrible customer sevice
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 29, 2007

The rooms were clean. The front desk was helpful. Although not spectacular, the free continental breakfast was convenient - juice, coffee, tea, raisin toast, bagels, pastries. It was nice to have free wireless. The safe did not work in our room -- the front desk did offer to send someone to look at it later, but it wasn't that important to us. Would stay here again - it was a good value.

• Liked — Clean, a good value, free continental breakfast
  • Disliked — Not in the town center
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ventura, CA
Reviewed June 18, 2007

Our stay was very nice and we found the accommodations very nice, but I reserved the room with a credit card and paid in cash. The room was charged to my credit card bill anyway and, when I tried to remedy this wothout a receipt, I was treated terrible. They said they could not even find a record that I had stayed there.

I will never go back.

Stayed April 2007
2 Thank Stcaey
Vacaville, California
Reviewed April 11, 2007

The first indication that our stay would be unacceptable was the broken security door to the side entrance of the hotel that led to our room. While we expected some inconvenience due to painting in some rooms, we did not anticipate the loud workers that would be in the rooms next to us. We awoke to noises echoing through the thin walls, including the sounds of drills, the radio, a blaring alarm clock in an empty room, and general banging around from moving furniture and painting that lasted for the duration of the morning hours. In additioon, our room was not cleaned after our first day and running out of towels and toilet paper became problematic. After day 2 of the noise, a complaint to the staff did not result in any changes. We were told that staff was not able to predict what rooms were being painted so it could not be considered when our room was selected for us. Interestingly, there were very few people staying in the hotel, so this seems to be the case of poor planning on behalf on management and a seemingly unconcerned response by the staff. Offering for us to move was not a solution, as we were staying for a week and we had unpacked all of our things. We have stayed in this hotel before and our stay was pleasant. Clearly, the hotel has significantly changed since our last stay here. I've stayed in all classes of hotels around the world and this was the worst expereince I've had in my travels. Despite all of the problems, we managed to enjoy our visit in Ashland. However, we will never stay here again, no matter how affordable it becomes.

• Liked — Wireless Internet
  • Disliked — Noise!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Ashland hotels

Camarillo, Ca
Reviewed September 23, 2006

My wife and I stayed here with our 10 month old for a few nights. We had the suite which was large and helpful in containing our daughter. The hotel is well used in that the carpet is stained throughout and the walls need a good paint job. We paid a little over 100 clams and got what we paid for. We will prolly try another hotel in the same location unless Super 8 cleans up their act. Happy trails......

• Stayed September 2006
1 Thank Mudhutbob
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2003

Arrived late after a long drive. Front desk allowed my kids to go for a swim after hours. Our room was clean and did not feel cramped. Free breakfast was toast, juice & coffee. It was okay for a single night stay. The price was reasonable.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member