“Had to keep the curtains closed.”
Review of Flagship Inn

Flagship Inn
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Bend, Oregon
“Had to keep the curtains closed.”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here in June when my daughter was attending orientation at SOU. PROS: The location is very convenient to the University. The room was comfortable, the selection of TV stations was very good. CONS: The breakfast room was tiny. I had to balance my breakfast and take it back to my room. Breakfast options were very basic. My biggest problem, however, was that I was on the first floor and was unable to open my curtains at any time because the window looked directly out to a house across the street where the occupants were always out front, staring in my direction. I might consider staying here again, but requesting a room on the second floor.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank wowstuff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sacramento
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very clean. Well maintained older property. It appears that ownership cares and takes pride in their lodging product. Overall positive staff members except for morning front desk agent. Did not engage with guests and did not even get up from chair to answer when I asked, "Where is you breakfast served?" Just pointed in a direction.....I asked "Where?" He pointed again and and answered abruptly, "In the room next door." Breakfast could have been better. Rate was in line with product.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We spent 6 nights here while attending a workshop at SOU across the street. It was so convenient to many restaurants (including the great Mexican place right on the property) and stores. The price is just a little higher than the Ashland Motel which is quite strange but much less than other places closer to downtown. Downtown is s 20-25 minute easy walk. The rooms are outdated but very spacious with a frig, microwave, table & chairs, desk, etc. Breakfast was pretty standard and most days there was scrambled eggs with cheese. Don't mistake the vat of gravy for oatmeal!

Room Tip: We were in the front row closest to the highway but didn't hear any street noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very pleased with the good value for the price. Location and staff were both very satisfying. The motel is right next to a wonderful breakfast/lunch place, as well. I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The location of the Flagship Inn is very convenient to downtown Ashland and was easy to find. The room was clean (though the bathroom smelled of mildew) and very spacious. Unfortunately, the hotel is very dated and really needs to be renovated--everything's just old. The baseboards in the bathroom are pealing up. And, if you're tall, watch out for the shower--I'm 6'1" and the shower head hit me at about my collarbone. We were actually satisfied with our stay as we didn't spend much time at the hotel and the beds were comfortable. If we'd spent more time there, I would have been more disappointed. Also, the walls are VERY thin--we could hear the conversations of the people around us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
California
Reviewed June 15, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Flagship for our Shakespeare weekend - within easy driving distance to the theaters but cheaper than the hotels downtown. The room was older but clean and spacious. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room since there is plenty to do in town, so it was perfectly fine. Having a working refrigerator and free wifi was a nice bonus!

Room Tip: There are two buildings - we stayed in the back, and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank katastrophe1
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Flagship in April. The manager, Vishal, was very helpful and attended to our specific requests promptly. The rooms had everything we needed and were clean and smelled nice. They also have a tasty breakfast available...the gravy is really good. I think of it from time to time! Ashland is one of my favorite places in the world, and I would not hesitate to stay here again. Though the price per night is considered "budget", the quality of service provided was above and beyond! Thank you Vishal!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends