“Great B&B. Perfect location for a honeymoon.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arch Cape
Ocean Point Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Arch Cape B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great B&B. Perfect location for a honeymoon.”
Reviewed January 31, 2010

During our honeymoon we spend a few nights in the king suite of the OPI, which is the most expensive room which is tastefully decorated, with a small sitting area overlooking the sea and a spacious bedroom/shower. Breakfast was just delicious with 2 different, in our case vegetarian, options to choose from and every night there was a home made cake or cookie.
The location is perfect if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the traditional beach town and the beach offers the opportunity for a (short - 1/2 hour) morning run. It is several miles to Cannon Beach and Manzanita by road, but we managed to walk to Cannon Beach, although it wasn't possible to stay on the beach the entire walk.
The stay was perfect and the B&B owners were friendly and helpful, without being intrusive. Definitely a place I would recommend to others.

Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Quintana Roo
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Just wanted to share my thanks with OPI for another wonderful retreat. This was our third visit and it was as relaxing and rejuvenating as always. The rooms are super comfortable and clean and the staff is friendly and efficient. We cant think of anywhere to escape from the city that provides this escape. This time we included an insuite massage while we listened to the rain and sound of surf outside and had the warmth of our fireplace.
Kudos Guys! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
texas
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Finding OPI was an accident but I will go back! Have been traveling to the Cannon Beach area for 12+ years. The accommodations met every one of my expectations and then some. Easy to find, right off of Hwy 101. 5 miles south of Cannon Beach so close enough to get to dining and shopping. Beach is beautiful with a specatular view. Walked into the room and realized that I had found a jewel!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed November 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a short honeymoon trip in March. What can I say, it was fantastic, the service top notch, friendly, prompt and very courteous. The rooms were great, clean, comfortable and cozy. Being able to open your door and listen to the waves crash on the shore, or walk outside a few feet and hit the beach. The homemade breakfast meals were delicious and added a wonderful personal touch to the whole stay. We loved it so much we made a short trip back in November and it was just as good as the first visit, except we wanted to stay longer. If you have the opportunity...check this place out.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I just returned from my second "mommy getaway" trip to OPI. I knew after my stay last year there was no doubt I would be back.– When I need to recharge the first place I go is the Oregon Coast. Living in Portland, I have stayed at many places at the coast but with my stay at OPI last year, I finally felt like I had found that one place I wanted to return to again and again. My stay this year confirmed that hunch. First – the location, WOW!!! Right on the beach, looking straight up at the North side of Neahkanie mountain, OPI sits on basically it’s own cove. The scenery is spectacular with your room looking right out on the beautiful giant ocean rocks jutting from the sea. I have stayed in two different rooms now and loved them both. My first evening on this trip was spent unwinding and just enjoying the free dvd’s and cozy and modern room. The next day it was wake up to a great pot of French roast and breakfast delivered to my suite and I’m set for the day. After a day of shopping in nearby Cannon Beach and a killer workout running the trails of Oswald West State Park, I made myself leave my cozy room (more on that later) to eat a meal at OPI’s private deck practically ON the beach. After I moved a little closer to the ocean and sat in one of the adoreable painted Adirondack chairs in front of my own very cozy fire pit. This is where I decided to spend my Wednesday evening – it was a moment I’ll never forget. Here’s the scene…. me, Puccini’s Madame Butterfly on the I-Pod, and a killer glass (and a half ;-)) of red wine. The sunset was spectacular and the show in the sky for the next 30 minutes literally moved me to tears. It was one of the moments where one is happy just to be alive. Ron, one of the two owners of this spectacular set up is outside doing some maintenance and is being as unobtrusive as these two have been on both my trips here but I ask him a question and he joins me for a moment. I am happy to have the company and he offers up a tip – “don’t get up and leave as soon as the sun sets, that’s when the show is just getting started.” I will always remember this tip – it was an unforgettable sunset and sky show of purple and orange haze forever imprinted in my brain. It wasn’t just the colors but the whole scene OPI has created that made it so memorable. After my time on the beach I decided to shower – the showers here are huge with modern fixtures such as huge rain shower heads – I ended up taking a 15 minute shower which the green “earth mama” in me never does at home but it was just one of those types of showers – I had to! Afterward I snuggled up in the tempurpedic bed with amazing sheets and a cotton cloud of down pillows and settled in to watch a few movies and read a book. I do have to add that Bruce and Ron are masters of lighting – if you are a person to whom light and décor matters, this is another reason to enjoy OPI. From the perfectly placed candles to the dimmers on each overhead, sidewall, or bedside lamp, these guys have it down with the lighting – the cozy vibe one can create with the lighting alone is divine. After simply enjoying the space it was time to relax myself to sleep and with the sounds of the ocean as my lullaby, I slept better than I have in weeks! Waking up to gourmet breakfast is so wonderful. This time I had to forgo the amazing breakfast pastry that accompanies the breakfast entrée but I still thoroughly enjoyed my meal. They were very helpful in helping me stick to my diet and as I had requested they saved me from the delicious homebaked cookies that are normally placed on the bed there. Of the four breakfasts I have now enjoyed there – they are a “foodies” dream!! The best quiche I”ve ever had and the breakfast strata with sausage, ricotta, cheeses, onion and herbs is to die for. As hosts,Bruce and Ron are nice, extremely accommodating, remember names and details, are knowledgeable about the area, and have impeccable taste. I highly recommend OPI to anyone seeking a quiet, private and cozy getaway alone (or as a couple – a family could rent the whole place as well) but I especially recommend it to those who are accustomed to understated elegance and class – and who may be desiring a beach experience that is not typical. OPI feels as if HGTV designers all got together to design the perfect casual, modern and cozy beach place. Don’t let the modern part scare you away – its modern in the best way - clean, simple, free of emotional and spatial clutter which is the first step in being able to relax! As far as this Oregonian is concerned this is hands down the best place to stay on the Oregon coast and I’ve been looking for awhile now!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Oregon
Reviewed November 3, 2009

My husband and I have gone to the coast every year for the past 30 years to celebrate our anniversary. This anniversary was our 30th and so we wanted to stay in a romantic place that was truly special and offered much more than the usual places we have stayed. I chose this place due to their offerings on their website and all of the positive reviews. I cannot tell you how much I disagree with these and disappointed we were.
On the positive side the room had a lovely bedroom, with an extremely comfortable bed and a large shower (although no bathtub which I prefer). The proprietors were attentive.
Now for the downside - this is classified as a bed and breakfast which is not made clear anywhere on their site. This was not made clear when we made the reservation. In fact in the Cannon Beach magazine they are listed as an hotel. The living area was narrow with only a futon to sit on which was extremely uncomfortable. The "hotel" sits very close to Hwy 101 and so the sound of vehicles can be heard all day and night. The beach is rocky and very short and difficult to take a long walk on. Additionally this is 7 miles from Cannon Beach and 7 miles from Manzanita - you must go to either town in order to find a restaurant and during the winter this is not a fun drive.
They will gouge you for everything - shortly after we arrived my husband got caught by a wave and his pants were wet up to his knees. He stupidly forgot another pair of pants. We asked Bruce if he could dry them for us - he said no - too much sand and then promptly charged us $20 dollars to wash and dry. There is little privacy - you can hear the goings on in the owners place next door, there is no private deck/patio (in fact our room had one plastic chair only and there was no awning.
Finally, when we got up the morning after our first night and discovered how uncomfortable and unhappy we were with the accommodations, he refused to let us out of our reservation or even to compromise and refund at least one of the remaining two nights.
I only stayed her because I wanted something really special and romantic - I should have stayed at the Stephanie Inn - would have been the same price.
Now, if you are okay with a B&B, only want to be comfortable on a bed in which it is difficult to see the ocean and you get to hear vehicles day and night this is the place for you - if you prefer something else - do not stay here.
Note: This place does not have a great view of the ocean as a lot of other places do and is not very close to the ocean either.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
9 Thank trishf52
oceanpointinn, Management. at Ocean Point Inn & Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2009
It was disappointing to learn of this guest’s dissatisfaction after having expressed content and delight with their accommodations upon check in. So much so the host was called back to their suite to re-express their pleasure and offered a gratuity which was graciously declined.
The reviewer fails to mention that her husband was recovering from recent knee and hip replacement surgery and was physically uncomfortable. This physical discomfort was expressed on the second day. An offer was made to see if other accommodations would be more suitable for the remainder of their stay. The offer was declined.
This guest had chosen a pre-paid, non-refundable reservation, entitling them to a significant discount. (This is a popular current trend in the lodging industry, following example of the airlines. Such offers may not be to everyone's benefit and should be chosen with foresight of known events that may interfere with travel plans, or with travel insurance provided or purchased on the credit card used.) The guest decided it was in their best interest to return home early.
There may have been a series of contributing factors leading up to their disappointment. The guest was recovering from major surgery, it was the first stormy weekend of the fall, and they had not packed adequate clothing. (OPI posts a flat load laundry fee, not the excessive per item fees of most hotels. The guest was charged the flat fee and received express laundry service, about 1hr. Soiled clothing cannot be placed into a dryer where clean sheets and linens are laundered.)
OPI did offer and make every attempt to resell the remaining time on their reservation and refund any balance recovered.
*The Ocean Point Inn values all comments from guests by embracing those positive and learning and improving from those negative. We expect comments to be posted with accuracy and integrity.
Beaverton
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I had a really neat experience this last weekend that I thought I would share. So I had spent weeks searching for a nice place to stay at the ocean when my friend was in town and waited to long to book something so as it happened everyone was booked. I remembered a little place just north of Cannon Beach that my husband and I had stayed at 3 years ago. This place is a house right on the ocean with a private beach....just beautiful. The owners had renovated a portion of the house into 3 rooms that people can rent out for a two night minimum. The owners live in the rest of the house. As a last resort I threw in the towel and said I'll give them a call just in case they have something and pay for the two night minimum.....ugh. Completely exhausted and completely frustrated from my search I called them late at night (about 8:40ish) last Wendesday to inquire about there availablility. I left a message with him with my name and what I was looking for and he called me back within 15min. When we spoke I explained to him what I was looking for and that we really didn't need two nights but would pay if we had to. And that we needed to have two beds. He first of all started by thanking me again for coming in 3 years ago before I even told him that we had been there previously. He then went on to say he did have one room available that had a queen size bed and they would accomadate our situation by bringing a second bed in. Wow! What a change from the big chain hotels I had spent an hour calling previously. He went on to say since it hadn't been booked for the whole weekend yet he would waive the second night fee and since I was returning to their Inn he would take 30 dollars off as well. Before we hung up he didn't forget to ask me how "Tim" was doing. WOW! I felt like we were the only people that had stayed there in three years. He also asked about our house which was being finished when we stayed there as well which we only mention in passing when we checked in the first time. Amazed I said of course I will book it and 5 minutes later I had an email confirmation. When we got there we were immediately greeted at our car by Bruce (the same person from the phone call, also the owner) to help us unload our bags. When the car door was open he saw our babyseat, smiled and said you added a new addition to your family! Flattered by his attentiveness I said yes in fact we did almost one year ago. After we got settled my friend and I decided to go sit out by the beach in the adirondack chairs and immediatly Bruce came out and started a bonfire because it was getting a little chilly. After a great night out on the beach we crashed in our beds. The next morning we were provided with an in room breakfast that was homemade in there own kitchen and absolutley delicious. When I was packing the car to leave he came out and once again thanked me for coming back to visit the Inn. At that time I asked if the breakfast recipe was a secret recipe and he proceeded to laugh and tell me exactly how to make European Museli...Mmmmmm! We left the Inn and headed down the coast and couldn't stop talking about how great the customer service was. We would pay triple to go back to the same place. It was truly a good lesson in the power of great customer service.

Amanda Havermann

Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach
Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach
#8 of 14 in Cannon Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,036 reviews

Been to Ocean Point Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!