“PERFECT getaway from it all”

The Inn at Arch Cape
Ranked #3 of 4 Arch Cape B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon, United States
“PERFECT getaway from it all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been coming to the Inn for years! It has changed over the years... gotten better!
The beds are AMAZING! The pillows are awesome. I have stayed in everyone on the suites 1 through 6 for different occasions. Just recently stayed in #5 with a friend that came in from Flagstaff. She owns a B&B in Flagstaff and actually came away from the Inn with new ideas to spruce up her own B&B. For example, the inn will provide a separate make-up friendly washcloth for the ladies to remove their makeup without ruining a new, white washcloth. Excellent idea.
The rooms are always nice, clean, and well stocked. The staff have always been extremely helpful and I have never had an problem that was dealt with immediately. These are trusting, goo hearted, Oregonians. During our last stay, the toilet in our suite appeared to be flushing 'slow'. We were a little worried about using it and afraid it might back up. So I called the staff and they just gave me the code to get the key to the adjacent, available suite to use while the maintenance man was in route to our suite. Just awesome customer service. Love this place. I bring my husband for romantic weekends, my friends for just a one on one get away, and even my kids for a fun family get away. PERFECT!

Room Tip: TO have your own private patio and farthest from road, choose Suite #6.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathryn F
DBLGearhartOregon, Owner at The Inn at Arch Cape, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Loyal Guest,
Thank you for your support and for your many stays at the Inn at Arch Cape over the years! Glad our inn could be an inspiration to your friend with the B&B in Arizona. Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed for one night in room #4 and bery glad that I didn't stay longer due to the horrible traffic noise from hwy 101. The bed was comfortable but slept with a pillow over my head to help keep out the traffic noise. The shower is beautiful but the water temperature was only lukewarm -- Very disappointing, as I was really looking forward to a nice hot shower after being on the road all day.
I never write reviews but feel very disappointed! As the old saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Poodlepj
DBLGearhartOregon, Owner at The Inn at Arch Cape, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest, We apologize for the lukewarm water in the shower. Our maintenance staff immediately made adjustments to the water heaters. We welcome you to return to the Inn at Arch Cape and enjoy our comfortable beds, beautiful showers and stay in another room which may be more to your liking.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

We visited Inn at Arch Cape this summer, last week of August, right before school started. It was our second trip to this particular inn, and I must say, it was amazing. We had been there for a mid-week getaway a couple years prior in the winter (while the kids were away at Outdoor School...).

But this summer trip, well, can only be summed up as amazing! My 13-year-old son had received a skim board as a birthday gift and was eager to try it out. It turns out that the beach is just a few yards from the inn, so we were able to let the boys go play on the skim board and on the beach anytime they wanted. And play they did! Hours and hours on that thing until they got completely worn out.

It's our new FAVORITE PLACE!

As always, the inn itself was immaculate and charming. Beautifully restored and decorated, cozy....truly a place to kick your shoes off and forget the cares of the world.

The weather was amazing...perfect 70-ish weather, light breeze most days....just one of those trademark late-summer days in Oregon.

It wasn't all fun and games...I got a call from work and had to take care of a few things. The good news is that the WiFi at the Inn let me breeze through the work...so I could get back to enjoying time with my family.

I was playing in a golf tournament a couple days after our trip, so I went down to the golf course and driving range at Manzanita to tune up the game. What a nice surprise!

The only thing I was worried about at Inn at Arch Cape turned out to be a asset after all. I was a little concerned that there wasn't a lot of "town" stuff to do right near the inn (as opposed to Gearhart, for instance). But what that did was really allow us to be together as a family without a lot of distraction. And when we did want to go out for food or entertainment, it was jsut a short drive down to Manzanita or up to Cannon Beach. So many good restaurants in both places!

Well, I could go on and on, but suffice to say, we will be booking our last week summer fling 2013 at Inn at Arch Cape as soon we get clearance for the time off work.

Thank you Distinctive Beach Lodgings for a week that will be etched in our memories forever!

Room Tip: Good variety of rooms....#3 was PERFECT for my family of 4. BIg master bedroom for the my wife and I...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rich H
DBLGearhartOregon, Manager at The Inn at Arch Cape, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you! It is always a great pleasure to read such kind words and wonderful stories made into memories about our Inn. We cherish the thought that our guests find exactly the what they were in need of, and more while staying with us. We look forward to having you as our guests throughout the years to come.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We are repeat visitors to another property owned by Tracey Hooper, The Ocean Inn at Gearhart, which we love dearly. Alas, there was no room in the inn there, so we tried the Arch Cape property. We were not disappointed! We three (and our Westie) had a blissful weekend at the one bedroom cabin. It has the most comfortable down filled couches ever and a comfy king bed w/ lovely linens as well. Our teenager had fun with the bunk beds, which were in a separate alcove off the living room. The cabin was very clean; had all the essentials and many unique and tasteful touches. (The inn keeper's good taste rivals my own--- I would not have changed a thing! Actually, there is only one thing I would add: a light over the kitchen sink:) The kitchen is well supplied and the bathroom, though small, is well done with a cool pebble floor, rainshower spout, plenty of hot water, beefy cotton towels and nice sundries. Best of all, the Inn is only steps from the beach---an uncrowded picturesque stretch with hay stacks and sand dollars-- the best that Oregon has to offer. Tracey and her staff are lovely to deal with too---so helpful and you get the sense that they really want you to have a fun and relaxing stay. If you are looking to get away from it all we highly recommend this place. We were so happy that we did not even turn the big TV on once!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DBLGearhartOregon, Owner at The Inn at Arch Cape, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind words about your stay at the Inn at Arch Cape. The best part was reading that you had such a good time that you didn't even turn on the TV! Now THAT's a great beach vacation! Come back soon.
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had a perfect stay at the Inn at Arch Cape. Just far enough away from the crouds in Cannon Beach yet close enough for dinner or shopping. Steps from a lovely uncrouded beach or walking through the neighborhood. Our room was a studio thoughtfully stocked to the last detail. Even a "complimentary pet basket" for our pooch down to the treat, towel, coverlet and poopy bags. Our studio was immaculate, and other guests were mindful of being quiet in the a.m. and p.m. Tracy and Henry own 3 other properties that we look forward to enjoying on future trips to the Oregon Coast. They are exceptional inn keepers committed to ensuring your stay in their property is the best. Of all the places we have stayed during our many travels, I would put the Inn at Arch Cape in the top 5%!
E, D and Hana the Shiba Inu

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your thoughtful review of the Inn at Arch Cape. Summer is coming and we look forward to welcoming you and your pooch back again!
La Conner, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

What a perfect spot for my friend and I to enjoy our 27th year of getting away! The Inn at Arch Cape was perfect - a perfect location - a perfect suite - a pefect stay. The first night we roasted marshmallows in the fireplace and started a puzzle. The location was great - far enough outside of Cannon Beach but close enough to everything! Great location for hiking and going to the other towns along the coast. One night we took our firewood down to the beach and built a fire. Just a great place to relax and enjoy time with a friend!

S

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, What a pleasure to welcome you & your life long friend for your annual Girl's Weekend get-away. We look forward to welcoming you both back for your 28th celebration as friends and Oregon Coast fans.
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

When booking our last minute travels my sister stumbled across the Inn at Arch Cape. After reading some of the positive and a few not so positive reviews and frankly, not knowing what to expect we decided to give it a whirl and we’re happy we did. For the most part we didn’t encounter any of the issues that many other people commented on. We stayed at the peak of the summer months where the weather was 70 degrees on average with no precipitation. We stayed in room one and my sister and her family stayed in room four. We met the owner who was assisting housekeeping, we never needed and refused service but they did bring us fresh towels and coffee religiously! First and foremost this is an updated property maintaining its rustic charm. Some stuff is a little dated but you’re at the coast so it’s coastal living! The rooms were super clean, far cleaner than I would expect with the beach so close and they’ve done a great job at trying to maintain that cleanliness, especially the carpet. This isn’t the W nor are you paying W rates! Hats off to the shower, amazing is the only word to sum it up. Rain shower head, river rock floor, slate walls enough said!

I will echo a few other things that I have heard.
- Cell service for AT&T and Verizon is hit and miss. We were able to make and receive calls but they would drop on occasion, Verizon was better than AT&T. It’s a coastal vacation, stay off your phone and enjoy!
- Road noise- this is accurate, it’s on 101 but given its prime location it can be overlooked. We slept with windows open and no issue. I was also worried about the other unit that we shared a wall with and nothing! We knew they were there because there car was there, they had a newborn and we couldn’t hear a thing!
- Nearby amenities: 5-6 minutes south, or 8-9 minutes north and you have everything you could need! The book in the room has all those details. We had no issues getting what we needed, even take out for our first night.
- Check-in- for someone who travels often check-in couldn’t have been easier. Walk in to a little room, dial a number, they give you a code to your key and your set. Arrived and in my room within :60 seconds. Simple process and it works!

To summarize- we absolutely loved our stay and would go back again! Where else can you get this close to the beach, full and usable kitchen (we fully maximized it), BBQ, beach access 10 seconds (literally) to an amazing beach, multiple areas for bonfires (beach or onsite fire pit), fireplace in-unit with firewood included, plenty of storage, and more than enough space for entertaining! Very livable and comfortable! For anyone traveling as a group this is an awesome location, the way everything is configured you can close yourself off to those not in your party or open it up to those who are. All in all I get the sense after reading the reviews that the owner takes the reviews to heart and does her best to listen and address issues. Many of the things that people commented on early have clearly been addressed so I have to assume it was a learning curve.

Really great experience, I am sure you will have the same!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in Gearhart
Arch Cape Inn & Retreat
Arch Cape Inn & Retreat
#2 of 4 in Arch Cape

Been to The Inn at Arch Cape? Share your experiences!