“terrific service and honesty”

Arch Cape Inn & Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arch Cape
Reviewed July 5, 2008

We booked the Arch Cape House for the July 4th holiday weekend. At the time of booking, we were told that a 3 day minimum was required (as were all the other hotels in the area) for this weekend. We wanted to stay only 2 days but agreed to the 3 day minimum with the provision that they would try to book the 3rd day if possible. Upon checking out after the 2nd day, we were told that they had not been unable to rent the 3rd day and we would have to incur the full 3 day price. Not a problem, as we knew upfront. When we returned home, Arch Cape phoned us to let us know that they were able to rent the room and would thus charge us for only the 2 days!
Somehow, I would imagine that not all hoteliers would be this honest. We were so impressed with their responsibility and would highly recommend this terrific bed and breakfast to others visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mgcVancouver
aeroPdx, Owner at Arch Cape Inn & Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2008

Glad you enjoyed the service and that things worked out so well for you in the end!

There are newer reviews for Arch Cape Inn & Retreat

Reviewed June 25, 2008

My wife and I booked St. Bernard's Arch Cape House for our 12th anniversary. I only read the reviews on TripAdvisor AFTER our stay, thankfully... because we had a wonderful visit!

St. Bernard's is under new ownership - Cynthia & Stephen, which I believe is the big difference between our experience and previous visitors!

We were welcomed in and treated like family. We stayed in the "Provence" room, which was very clean, quiet, spacious and had a garden patio which we sat out and basked in the sun for awhile.

We did have tea (wine was available) and really enjoyed talking with Stephen & Cynthia, but there was never pressure to socialize. One other couple staying there we met at a delicious 3-course breakfast, and really enjoyed the relaxed setting and open feeling. Plenty of coffee, orange juice, and other goodies to make your breakfast complete!

If I had any gripe at all, the bed was a little softer than I like. However, I still slept great, probably from being comfortable, warm, and relaxed (from a nice Jacuzzi tub bath).

We found it to be very clean throughout. Cynthia is a self-proclaimed "neat freak" and it shows.

Close to Cannon beach, with its shopping and restaurants, but a quiet and out of the way retreat to come "home" too.

Highly recommended to come and give it a try! We felt like privileged guests.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dnatiuk

Thank you for the kind words and the wonderful recommendation. Our goal is to make everyone feel like they have just "come home". And it's true, Cynthia's standards for cleanliness are very high. Thanks for noticing the change.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arch Cape
Surfsand Resort
Surfsand Resort
#5 of 15 in Cannon Beach
Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach

Been to Arch Cape Inn & Retreat? Share your experiences!