My wife and I booked St. Bernard's Arch Cape House for our 12th anniversary. I only read the reviews on TripAdvisor AFTER our stay, thankfully... because we had a wonderful visit!
St. Bernard's is under new ownership - Cynthia & Stephen, which I believe is the big difference between our experience and previous visitors!
We were welcomed in and treated like family. We stayed in the "Provence" room, which was very clean, quiet, spacious and had a garden patio which we sat out and basked in the sun for awhile.
We did have tea (wine was available) and really enjoyed talking with Stephen & Cynthia, but there was never pressure to socialize. One other couple staying there we met at a delicious 3-course breakfast, and really enjoyed the relaxed setting and open feeling. Plenty of coffee, orange juice, and other goodies to make your breakfast complete!
If I had any gripe at all, the bed was a little softer than I like. However, I still slept great, probably from being comfortable, warm, and relaxed (from a nice Jacuzzi tub bath).
We found it to be very clean throughout. Cynthia is a self-proclaimed "neat freak" and it shows.
Close to Cannon beach, with its shopping and restaurants, but a quiet and out of the way retreat to come "home" too.
Highly recommended to come and give it a try! We felt like privileged guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hello from beautiful Cannon Beach, Oregon! I am reaching out as the proud owner of the acclaimed Arch Cape Inn and Retreat, located just south of Cannon Beach, the crown jewel of the Pacific North Coast. I have lived in our county for 40 years and the primary reason that I established the Arch Cape Inn was to be able to share this area with people from all over the world and to hopefully help everyone to see this majestic area through my eyes, sharing all that is special about it with everyone who comes through our doors. We know everyone and everything in town, from Manzanita to Astoria. The Oregon Coast is vibrant all year long and here we say In Oregon there is no bad weather, only inappropriate dress. So, even in winter, located in one of the world’s only temperate rain forests, we celebrate all year long, with so many things to see and do. The Arch Cape Inn is a warm, welcoming and comfortable place to choose as a base camp in order to see, do, experience and explore all that this area has to offer in the form of day trips and guided tours. My staff has been carefully selected to be the warm and welcoming people that you would expect to support your very special visit to this area, able to personally assist with any aspect of the itinerary that you choose to create, according to your interests. In addition, the comfort of the Inn, the complimentary Afternoon Wine and Hor Doeuvres and 3-Course healthy, creative and delightful breakfast will support your stay here in grand and European style. Please let me know how I and my staff may assist you with the visit to our area that you will cherish as one of your fondest memories. We look forward to meeting you! Sincerely, Cynthia Malkowski Owner Arch Cape Inn & Retreat ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Arch Cape Inn & Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arch Cape Inn & Retreat Hotel Arch Cape
- Arch Cape Inn And Retreat
- Arch Cape Inn & Retreat Oregon