“Peaceful, Lovely Retreat!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Arch Cape B&B and Inns
Sherwood
“Peaceful, Lovely Retreat!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband planned a surprise trip for our 25th wedding anniversary to the Arch Cape Inn and Retreat. The Inn Keeper, Cynthia, helped him plan our stay and surprised us with a bottle of champagne and red roses. We stayed in the Tower Room - Romantic! Breakfast was so filling and the wine and appetizer's in the afternoon were lovely. Our two nights at the Inn are memories that we will always cherish.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annie F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Seattle
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Having travelled to every continent, and having stayed at every conceivable level of hotel, I can truly say I have never gotten better service anywhere in my life. From the minute we made our reservation until the minute we checked out, the proprietors could not have been more gracious and helpful. They found us dinner reservations for Thanksgiving and arranged for me to hire a local wildlife photographer (George Vetter- highly recommended) to take me out to scout possible locations for a photo shoot. Wow!
Breakfasts were hearty, fresh, tasty, and great!
Accommodations were quite comfortable and convenient and very well maintained.
I would recommend the Arch Cape Inn and Retreat to anyone wanting to visit the Cannon Beach area.

Room Tip: The Ginger room's love seat was sprung and in need of replacement, so sitting in front of the fi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Awesome rooms, with gas fireplaces, very spacious, great beds. You can even bring your dog to one of the rooms and it has a great soaker tub. Dog pillow, towel, dog treat and food and water bowls. Breakfast is out of this world. Three gourmet courses, too delicious to describe. Staff is very helpful and personable. The other guests were fun to talk to sitting around the big fireplace with wine and cheese in the afternoon. Though not on the beach, you can get to it easily. Beautiful scenery and surf. Lots of nature and awesome surf along the coas thighway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank meeoow68
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We had an incredible time at the Arch Cape inn. The proprietor, Cynthia, as well as her staff went out of their way to make us feel both at home. About the lovely and inviting living room with fireplace and windows overlooking trees, Cynthia said, "Think of this as your home away from home, your living room." We were given our keys and staff (Eric) offered to bring in our luggage.

We were given ways to reach the proprietor and staff after-hours, and a tour of the lovely B&B, complete with a breakfast area with small tables with flowers overlooking the garden. A lovely wine and cheese/appetizer spread was set up for guests, and we were actually given a bottle of wine and profuse apologies for scratchy towels. Our room was fabulous! The windows overlooked the water and trees, and the feeling of the room was both quaint and luxurious. There's an in-room refrigerator and a tv, and our room (Gauguin) was very spacious. My only complaint was that the toilet room was not separate from the jacuzzi. Not a big deal, though! The hallway was close enough when one of us wanted privacy! ;)

The grounds and views are gorgeous. Everything is lush and beautiful, quiet, and peaceful with easy views to the water.

Breakfast was truly sublime. Cynthia was very careful about any allergies and cooked our meals with our tastes in mind: potatoes au gratin, grapefruit brulee (I'd had it once in Belgium, and had forgotten how much I love this dish!), poached eggs, each dish was more delightful than the next, and you can probably tell from my description that it was served in multiple courses. Coffee was that delightful Sleepy Monk from around Cannon Beach (rich and delicious!).

I've stayed in over 30 B&B's around the world, and I can honestly say that Arch Cape Inn and Retreat is one of the finest. It's hard to find a proprietor and staff who are interested and attentive but not invasive, and this is it! The whole experience of being at the Inn was restorative, restful, and romantic. We had the experience of truly being able to relax, knowing that our best interests were being held in mind.

I can't recommend Arch Cape Inn & Retreat highly enough!

Room Tip: Some rooms are dog-friendly; just ask.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather S
Portland, OR
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had a nice time, the room was very large and comfortable. The breakfast was great and the inn keepers were very nice! Normally not a place I would stay but was very happy with the overall experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank NWlivin
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here as the last coastal stay on our way up the Oregon coast to Portland from California. A beautiful and cozy inn, with a bedroom that is bigger than any we have seen. The breakfast was awesome, with three courses, ending with a mixed fruit dessert! What a great idea. Nice time in the evening in the living room with wine and hors d'oeuvres and meeting with other guests. All in all a don't miss experience.

Room Tip: Talk to the innkeeper and she will help you select a room.
Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GaryKA
Corpus Christi TX
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We arrived after a wonderful scenic drive from Portland Airport to find a quaint friendly bed and breakfast atmosphere with great food, knowlegable staff and a wonderful location, walking distance from the ocean.

• Stayed August 2012
#10 of 14 in Cannon Beach
Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach
Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach
#8 of 14 in Cannon Beach

Been to Arch Cape Inn & Retreat? Share your experiences!