“Amazing Honeymoon!!!!”

Arch Cape Inn & Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arch Cape
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was the greatest place to spend our honeymoon. We had such an awesome experience here. The breakfast menu was absolutely divine. Chef Amy was so accomodating and completely catered to the special diet needs of my wife. The food prepared even included ingredients grown in their own garden on site. The entire staff was great. they were friendly and knowledgable about the area and helped filled our days with unique and exciting activities. The bed and the giant tub were amazing. The entire experience has enhanced our lives for the better.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the Arch Cape Inn last week, and we loved everything about it. The house itself is beautiful, but the landscaping!!! Such lovely flowers and vegetable garden, which we were able to enjoy thanks to the unbelievable gourmet 3 course breakfast provided by Amy and Ken. I tried to savor each bite, but couldn't help but inhale it.... Cynthia, the owner, was so friendly and very informative on where we should sightsee and eat. We got to enjoy a happy hour each day with wine and delicious hor d'ourves, which Eric, our server, made such fun and relaxing!!! I would recommend this lovely bed and breakfast a thousand times over. Thank you Cynthia! And thank you Amy, my fellow Kansas Citian, not only for an outstanding breakfast, but for calling Ayers Winery and setting our wine tasting up for us! It was great meeting Brad!! John and I hope to see you all again someday on the beautiful Oregon coast.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tapestry room. It was lovely!
1  Thank natjohn1968
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I spent our 22nd anniversary at this beautiful Inn. We have had the hardest few years and the owner picked up on this and upgraded us to the owners suite! The staff and everyone went above and beyond to make our stay so special!! Thank you doesn’t begin to express our appreciation but…THANK YOU! P.s. the food was FAB!!! Phillip & Roxie smith.

1  Thank roxie s
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I spent our 47th anniversary at this wonderful inn. The Arch Cape Inn is a very charming & romantic place to spend time together on the beautiful Oregon Coast. Cynthia and her staff were very welcoming, efficient & warm with all their guests, from the 3 course breakfast in the morning to the wine hour in the evening. All in all, a great place to stay!

Room Tip: The Tower Room is extremely nice and has great views of the Pacific Ocean & Castle Rock.
1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great food, beautiful grounds, hospitable staff . . . Will not be returning and here's why.

Negatives:
1. Not on the beach, despite the misleading pictures on the website welcome page. (My fault for not checking as it is not advertised to be on the beach)
2. Advertised as a retreat, but not so peaceful if you open the windows because of the noisy highway between you and the ocean.
3. Bed linens very soft . . . Bath linens were like sandpaper. Toilet paper was rough too. Not exactly what I expect from a $300/night inn. (There is a disclaimer mentioned about 'water restrictions and not being able to do their own laundry causing lower grade of linens.' Which if you read the reviews, has apparently been going on for at least the last 2 years.)

Positives:
well-manicured, lush grounds, wine social in early evening, gourmet breakfast, nice people, great staff with good recommendations for restaurants and things to do, new flat screen tv, wireless internet

Bottom line is . . . this place is not worth $320/night . . . I'd pay $200/night.

Room Tip: Gauguin has a Peek-a-boo view of Castle Rock as shown on website.
2  Thank sixthgearmusic
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Arch Cape Inn was our home base for the coastal leg of our Oregon vacation. My husband and I are so glad we chose this Inn, based on other tripadvisor reviews. The staff could not have been more welcoming and professional. From the amazing three course breakfast to the wine hour at the end of the day, Cynthia and her staff did everything possible to make our stay perfect. The Inn is perfectly located, in our opinion. It feels so private and isolated,yet is just minutes from Cannon Beach and Ecola Park and a short walk to the ocean. The grounds are beautifully landscaped,the rooms unique and well cared for. We truly hope to be back some day,even though we live 3000miles away!!

1  Thank earlybirds49
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We've never met such wonderful people than we have at Arch Cape Inn. Every attention was given to detail. All the staff bent over backwards to make sure everyone was comfortable and were very knowledgable about the area, hikes, and restaurants. When I come back to Oregon, I never want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2012
The Inn at Manzanita
The Inn at Manzanita
#4 of 4 in Manzanita
Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach

Been to Arch Cape Inn & Retreat? Share your experiences!