“Not up snuff”

Blue Goat Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Amity
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wine country restaurant, wood-fired, local sourcing, 100% from-scratch kitchen. Casual fine dining.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My Rock Fish arrived cold, 1 oz of Merlot cost $9.00 & bitter Dandelion leaves and Black wild rice was my salad. My wife says the Carlton Beef was great but the salad dressing could not cover bitterness of the dandelion leaves that were supposed be Arugula.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Foods that you have never had that you should have and from a beautiful earth oven. The restaurant is a representation of the values of the South Fork Yamhill county that you thought may exist, but never saw. The ever changing wine list is made up of the best wines from the local wineries. I enjoy the local seasonal produce prepared in unexpected ways, found usually on the appetizer list. In fact several orders from that ever changing appetizer list make a meal that you will remember. The cooks / chefs take a pride in their food and food adventures rarely seen at far more expensive restaurants.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

It's hard to believe that this great restaurant exists by the side of the road in tiny little Amity, Oregon, but there it is! We were a party of 5; we shared three appetizers--the empanadas, the RedNeck sushi, and the goat meat pate. All were absolutely delicious. One person had the Cornish hen entree; the rest of us went for the pork dish (group think?). Everything very much exceeded our expectations! Service excellent, decor cozy. The clay bee hive oven is really interesting to see, and of course very practical for producing the wonderful food! Try this place--you'll like it!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My friend and I ate at The Blue Goat on a rainy Oregon Friday. We chose to share the duck confit pate, a salad, and the veggie pizza. We loved that the food was fresh and delicious and most of it locally sourced as well. The pizza was a spectacular combination of pear, blue cheese, and walnut and was attractively served on a wooden cutting board. 2 small quibbles: the restaurant needs a better wine-by-the-glass selection; the one the were offering was mediocre. Service was decent but a bit diffident. Ultimately, however, this is a great place to dine. There is something unique for everyone here.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were directed here for lunch by the server at one of the wineries. Every few years you stumble on a gem like this. I LOVE slow food, sustainable restaurants as you know what you are eating. This one outshines all others as the chef knows how to prepare great food. I had the burger. I will only eat beef if I know that is what I am eating. This burger was pure beef from grass fed cattle with no antibiotics and hormones. (The flavor of days gone by on the farm). It was dressed with flavor packed condiments and a home made grain bun. My partner had the mussels with white beans and fingerling potatoes. This was nirvana of food. Incredible flavors! The menu changes frequently as the preparations are local and in season. The prices are very reasonable for this quality of food. We were greeted and seated the minute we entered the door. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This will definitely be my stop from Portland to the beach, as I want to try everything on the menu. I wish I lived next door!