“An excellent motel !”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Eureka, California
“An excellent motel !”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Very pleasant owner and staff, even in the middle of the night, when we first registered.
Rooms have been clean, and everything works.
Even a REAL breakfast, with anything one might want, from scrambled eggs to bagels, etc.
We've been there twice, and will certainly be back.
Also, easy access to I5, both directions, and a neat restaurant across the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank gisenhart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Exeter, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Beautiful location with clean, terrace style pool and a spa under arbor. Clean rooms and absolutely amazing FULL breakfast; homemade biscuits and gravy, homemade scrambled eggs in a crockpot, usual cereal and toast, waffles, etc and both hardboiled eggs AND the best brand of sugar free maple syrup for the diabetics. Excellent, polite and useful host. Cost an extra $10 over the bargain locations in the area, but this is definitely the real bargain!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank KaTe2
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 26, 2011

the breakfast was good.
I called in a week before arrival to make sure that I get a quiet room. I didn't got it, but instead I could not sleep at all based on the traffic noises from the highway. When I left and told the guy at the reception about it, he said : They put you in this room maybe because it was booked by third party. In addition at the 2nd day of my 3 day stay there, the room was not cleaned. Based on the US Track and Field event I couldn't get a different hotel close to Eugene.
Summary : Don't use Priceline, don't use Super 8 at Albany.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank travellerde33

Travelers are raving about these Albany hotels

Rockford, Wa
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Wanted to save a few bucks, Super 8 usually good. We were put in a room downstairs to our asking. The room upstairs has such poor flooring it sounded like someone playing football with a volkswagen. Had to call office twice and finally at 3:30am they quieted down. Staff great, Hotel horrible. Restraunt accross parking lot WONDERFUL called Yuaquina Bay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We got a good deal with HotelCoupon.com. We took a queen size room on the second floor facing the pool. It was quiet because it was too cold for anyone to use the pool. The other sides of this hotel either face the freeway or the drive-through at McDonald's. The room was small but had everything we needed and was comfortable. Everything was in working order, but it was tough to reach the plug behind the TV for our computer. May-be we hit a bad day, but the breakfast was disappointing: most of the scrambled eggs looked green/gray (we were told that was caused by the pot they were in). The two bananas were nearly black, they were so overripe. The large muffins were cut into chunks, lots of crumbs (why not buy small ones to start with?). The gravy for the biscuits wasn't good. We settled for coffee and a muffin, which was not too fresh either. The food area was very small and easily crowded. It's too bad one can't pay one price for a room and an additional charge for a breakfast. With a microwave and refrigerator one would be better off in this case bringing one's own food. We did well for supper in the restaurant across the parking lot.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I booked the room through Priceline which made me unpopular with the manager/desk clerk. I got the room for $40 when the normal price is $63. The desk clerk was brusque with me and didn't tell me about the internet connection(which I didn't need) and he neglected to mention the continental breakfast(which I wouldn't have eaten anyway due to being on a low carb/glycemic index diet). The room was clean and updated sometime in the recent past. No problems there at all. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, ironing board and iron, and a hair dryer. Everything worked well. The only downside if you want to call it that was the small bathroom, which in reality was about the average size of motel bathrooms in most places.
I will stay there again the next time I need a room in Albany, but I will call the manager and offer him somewhat less than I gave priceline this time. Times are tough in the motel biz right now and the consumer seldom gets an opportunity to get a good deal.
A desk clerk in a different motel told me recently that she was instructed to "don't turn anyone away" due to price negotiations. I guess at this time it is better to make a few bucks than let the room stay empty.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Our room was clean and smelled fresh. The bed was comfortable. The room has free Wi-Fi, a microwave oven, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board which I thought was a nice touch. The hotel has a pool and hot tub which looked clean, but we didn't have the opportunity to use. At first glance, the roof on the hotel looks like it's old and needs to be replaced, but apparently it is a "wooden-shingle" roof and is "supposed to look that way" (according to my husband). We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through this area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple