Super 8 Albany
$79
ComfortSuites
Great 4.5/5
Quality Inn & Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
$67
$94
Travelocity
$90
$70
Motel 6 Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
$62
Motel 6
$67
Travelocity
$134
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsroom was cleanboiled eggswafflesnice poolbreakfast barwould stay againpleasant stayroad noisedesk clerkpool and hot tubeasy accessmcdonaldsmotelalexcerealgalcostco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Wanted to save a few bucks, Super 8 usually good. We were put in a room downstairs to our asking. The room upstairs has such poor flooring it sounded like someone playing football with a volkswagen. Had to call office twice and finally at 3:30am they quieted down. Staff great, Hotel horrible. Restraunt accross parking lot WONDERFUL called Yuaquina Bay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We got a good deal with HotelCoupon.com. We took a queen size room on the second floor facing the pool. It was quiet because it was too cold for anyone to use the pool. The other sides of this hotel either face the freeway or the drive-through at McDonald's. The room was small but had everything we needed and was comfortable. Everything was in working order, but it was tough to reach the plug behind the TV for our computer. May-be we hit a bad day, but the breakfast was disappointing: most of the scrambled eggs looked green/gray (we were told that was caused by the pot they were in). The two bananas were nearly black, they were so overripe. The large muffins were cut into chunks, lots of crumbs (why not buy small ones to start with?). The gravy for the biscuits wasn't good. We settled for coffee and a muffin, which was not too fresh either. The food area was very small and easily crowded. It's too bad one can't pay one price for a room and an additional charge for a breakfast. With a microwave and refrigerator one would be better off in this case bringing one's own food. We did well for supper in the restaurant across the parking lot.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I booked the room through Priceline which made me unpopular with the manager/desk clerk. I got the room for $40 when the normal price is $63. The desk clerk was brusque with me and didn't tell me about the internet connection(which I didn't need) and he neglected to mention the continental breakfast(which I wouldn't have eaten anyway due to being on a low carb/glycemic index diet). The room was clean and updated sometime in the recent past. No problems there at all. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, ironing board and iron, and a hair dryer. Everything worked well. The only downside if you want to call it that was the small bathroom, which in reality was about the average size of motel bathrooms in most places.
I will stay there again the next time I need a room in Albany, but I will call the manager and offer him somewhat less than I gave priceline this time. Times are tough in the motel biz right now and the consumer seldom gets an opportunity to get a good deal.
A desk clerk in a different motel told me recently that she was instructed to "don't turn anyone away" due to price negotiations. I guess at this time it is better to make a few bucks than let the room stay empty.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Our room was clean and smelled fresh. The bed was comfortable. The room has free Wi-Fi, a microwave oven, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board which I thought was a nice touch. The hotel has a pool and hot tub which looked clean, but we didn't have the opportunity to use. At first glance, the roof on the hotel looks like it's old and needs to be replaced, but apparently it is a "wooden-shingle" roof and is "supposed to look that way" (according to my husband). We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through this area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Nice clean large rooms. Helpful friendly staff. Quiet. Very nice well kept older motel. Good rates and pets welcome. Nice place, will stay again.

Room Tip: All inside rooms near pool were nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple