“Super Delicious!!!”

Novak's Hungarian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 147 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: German, Hungarian, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: At Novak's Hungarian Restaurant, we have been proud to provide an authentic Hungarian dining experience to the Albany area. We use the freshest ingredients and the richest flavors to bring you a truly unique dining experience. Our founders, Joseph and Matilda Novak immigrated to the United States from Hungary in 1957. They are proud to of brought traditional Hungarian recipes with them. Our signature dishes are bound to leave you wanting more. Try our cabbage rolls, chicken paprika, or kolbasz sausages! Take advantage of our lunch buffet from Monday through Saturday, or our dinner buffet from Monday through Thursday. We are also an artisan bakery and would love to make a special pastry or dessert for you. Are you looking to cater your next event? Novak's Hungarian Restaurant is the perfect choice for small and large catering events. Drop-in today and have a meal with us. At Novak's Hungarian Restaurant, you're family.
Seattle, Washington
“Super Delicious!!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant with our two young girls after reading the reviews and we are incredibly glad we did! We LOVED the place! Great service! and scrumptious food. I had the Shepherd's Combo with included the stuffed cabbage rolls, Chicken cutlets with a creamy sauce, Beef and noodles and a sausage. My husband had these tasty meatballs and the girls devoured their homemade mac and cheese.We also started with the chicken pate and ended with honey cake. I could not stop eating because the food was so incredible. We were passing through and had quite the drive ahead and took several cookies with us on the road which were little buttery bites of heaven. We can't wait to go again!

2 Thank alcedonia

Eureka, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Come eat and feel like part of the family.”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Great food! Tastes like the authentic Hungarian food I grew up with. I had the spinach palacsinta (crepes) and it was delicious! Joseph and Matilda (Papa and Mama) came over and talked to me at the table and that made the lunch very enjoyable.Great service! I had a long drive ahead of me and Karen fixed me up with a salami sandwich for a snack. I also took some of Mama's apple retes and Papa's house made summer sausage. Thank you!
Koszonom!!! Erzsi

1 Thank willow5000
Kelowna
“Wonderful home cooked Food!”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Visiting Albany for a dogshow, after reading tripadvisor reviews, we tried supper at Novak's tonight. What a pleasant surprise! We tried the Pork medallions in Jaeger sauce, the cabbage roll dinner, and then also the Pork Schnitzel dinner in a paprika sauce. The meals included goulash soup (wonderful), and salad/cucumber salad. All of us tried the cucumber salad which was enjoyable. The meal also included bread with garlic butter which was yummy. Our entrees were amazing - absolutely no complaints.Portions were large especially considering we had soup and salad to start. Large selection of desserts, we tried the hazelnut cake and the blac forest cake. Both yummy, but we had little room left in our stomach and ended up taking home doggy bags! Our server was wonderful and knowledgeable about the menu, offering advice on meal selecction. Very attentive. Prices were reasonable ranging from about $14-16/meal. Lots of Bang for your Buck! Would highly recommend this eatery if you enjoy home-cooked, authentic cuisine! Wish we had a restaurant like this back in our home town!

1 Thank Kelownacouple
oregon coast
“Lots of great food”
Reviewed March 18, 2010

The chow here is first rate and lots of it. In fact - too much. We had to stop going here because we always over eat here and it is a "gut bomb" meaning we suffer feelings of severe stuffing later in the evening.

Albany, OR
“Don't skip dessert!”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Novak's is one of our favorite "nice" date night locations in Albany. With tasteful decor, knowledgable staff, and consistantly excellent food, it's not to be missed. The menu includes lighter portions, vegetarian options, and we've yet to eat anything that is not delicious.
A decent beer and wine selection, though nothing over the top, as well as several drink options. Full meals include freshly made (delicious) bread and herbed garlic butter (also fresh), as well as soup, garden salad, or (my recommendation) cucumber salad.
Not to be skipped is the fantastic dessert selections. The chocolate box is an excellent way to share a rich and decadent dessert. The tiramisu (either traditional or raspberry chambord) is the best I've had, hands down, anywhere. There are many other options, do peek into the dessert case on your way in!

For those with children, they have started providing a little packet similar to "bendaroos" that kept my young ones entertained for most of the visit. The staff is friendly and helpful with the children as well.