“Good & Inexpensive”

Sam City Fusion
Ranked #14 of 151 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Independent Mom and Pop resteraunt-Sam is the mom. Very clean, good quality food, outstanding soups, friendly and personal service, plenty of parking, great value for the money. You can see their web page under Sam City Albany.
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

First time for me. My wife had lunch once previously. Food was good with more than adequate serving sizes. We both had Yakasobia noodle dishes. My wife's was not spicy and seemed a little on the sweet side. My entre was spicy and I did not notice the same level of sweetness. I'll return but not so sure about my wife.

1  Thank GypsyOregon

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Sam City is my favorite for spicy chicken, pho, and rice vermicelli and pork. Most of their meals come with your choice of a garden salad or cabbage stir fry. The garden salad with their house dressing is really good. But the stir fry is also very good. It is always difficult to order because I have a hard time deciding between all my favorites. Sometimes, I'll order extra just for lunch for the next day, and I'm usually not a fan of leftovers!

Christian and his staff are all very friendly and make you feel welcome. Their food is always good and always fresh. Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I'm no expert on Asian Fusion cooking but this stuff was good. Worth it for the stir fried cabbage alone. I had a Mongolian strip steak dish with veggies that was very tasty.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We Love Sam City!
We want more we want more, we like it!!! :)

When we get a chance to eat out, i love to get the "Christians Delight" pho, its always it on point!

The owners are so friendly and funny! Makes you feel like your eating in an old friends kitchen.

Oh and dont forget the sesame balls, im always craving those!

We will always be back!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I Like Pho. Having had it all over the northwest, but never in Albany, I was anxious to try when I saw it on the menu. The menu has around fifteen types listed, so I decided to try the "Sam Special Pho" It included many meats along with the standard rice noodles, sprouts, lime, chili, and basil.

The order arrived quickly and I added the vegetables and lime right off and begin to mix. My technique is to drink the broth first then attack the noodles, meats, and veggies. What struck me was the temperature. It was quite a bit lower than what I am accustomed too. It was definitely not cool, but was hot enough to cook the meats. No additional stirring of "blowing on the spoon" was needed. It was cool enough to consume right off. Otherwise it tasted good. See the photo.

Every other aspect of my visit was great including the waitstaff which was friendly and efficient.

Would I go back? Yes, and I would try a different Pho and see what happens.

27J