“Among the worst of any hotels I've stayed in”

Albany Inn and Suites
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Vancouver, Washington
“Among the worst of any hotels I've stayed in”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

When we arrived, we asked where the elevator was located as my mother cannot take the stairs. The girl at the counter pointed in the direction of the elevator, but we were unable to locate it. My mother had to take the stairs which is very difficult for her. The room was nothing special. The coffee pot was stained. The bed mattress was tilted and could only be slept on on one said. The carpet felt as if it had not been cleaned in..like forever. I made sure I had shoes on whenever I walked on it. I read another traveler's review and agree with her assessment. She mentioned staying in the "basement" and the smell. Our room was also in the basement and it felt very dark and dirty. The rooms could use some renovating. I had 6 other travelers with me and they had the same complaints. For the price, and considering it was a La Quinta, which usually has a good reputation, I felt like I was in a low-budget motel. I do not write a lot of reviews, but wanted to be certain no one else makes the same mistake we did. I even took an automated survey from La Quinta and communicated I would never stay there again nor would I recommend it to my friends. I got a response back from the manager expressing that he was sorry and he hoped I would stay with them again. I believe my survey responded indicated I would not and I definitely will not.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tim C, General Manager at Albany Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am sorry were not able to do a better job with accommodating your visit. I am surprised you weren't able to find the elevator. We only have one hallway and it is on that hall. Anyway, when you need special accommodation please mention it when you make the reservation. We are usually able to get you what you need.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Maple Ridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I didn't actually stay here but after having our reservation at the Super 8 across the street screwed up we stopped in here to see if they had any rooms available. Unfortunatly they did not but the girl working the front dest was so helplful that she phoned another hotel in the area and found us a room.
We will be keeping this hotel in mind if we are ever in the area again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the comments. I know we are working with an older property here but we are trying to offset that with friendly service. I am glad we hit the mark this time. Please come back.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed there for two nights and it was unpleasant from the start. We waited in the lobby for to check in for 10 minutes as both receptionists were on the phone. Neither of them ever looked at us or acknowledged our presence. The room was on the basement level and was dark and smelled moldy. When I went up to the front desk to tell them our bathroom outlet was dead they told me they would flip the breaker switch and we should call her if it still wasn't working. Couldn't do that - the phone was dead too.

The worst experience was the hostile housekeeper. We had the do not disturb sign on our door until 11:30am. Came back to an unclean room at 3:30pm. When we asked for the room to be serviced, the woman literally (yes, literally) yelled at us, telling us that our DND was on the door all day and that her shift was already over and that it was a inconvenience for her to get to our room. Needless to say, we didn't want her in our personal space so no room service. Saved us from leaving a tip.

There are a handful of budget hotels in Albany. Go to one of them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tim C, General Manager at Albany Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Obviously we missed the mark here. There is no excuse for the treament you received. I will be printing out your review and I will be going over it with the employees. Because you choose to use Tripadvisor instead of contacting me directly it is impossible to make this right at this point. I would have liked the oppurtunity to address this before you left. If you give us another try next time you are jin town I am sure that you will not be dissappointed.

Travelers are raving about these Albany hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

First off the girl behind the desk was at least nice. However, the first room she sent me to was not cleaned! Gross....they had dirty dishes in the sink, something gross on the floo,other persons bathroom supplies open and sitting in the shower, left over stuff in the refrig.

So told her that the room was not clean and she gave me a new room. However when I put my key into that room....it was locked and a person yelled out. Hold on. She opened the door and I said looks like they gave me your room. Her reply was nope the manager just let me use this room for internet since her room did not have any. Can you say gross?
It looked like she had made her self very comfy in my room. So when I went down to the front desk, she had no clue who or what she was doing in my room. Not bothering to give me yet another room. So I was grossed out - what if she used my towels, slept in the bed, just totally gross. I could not believe they did not give me another room. I worried about her coming back in.

Now the worst part is that the cleaning of the room was less then stellar. Nothing was replaced. I had to go to the front desk for Toliet paper. I mean come on.....

Anyways i would not stay there ever again. Which is a shame because I had stayed there in the past and it was not this bad at all. None of the security doors worked...anyone could open them. Not pleased with this hotel at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tim C, General Manager at Albany Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the mix up upon your arrival. I've looked into it and there will be some retraining going on. There is really no excuse for your supplies not being refreshed. It is not our practice to do that. I will be contacting you personnaly to discuss this further. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences. Please visit again.