“Nice stay”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Nice stay”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

After a long flight we needed a hotel for the night. We saw an advertisement for this one and decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, the king size bed comfortable and the staff was extremely nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
dcupp- We greatly appreciate you staying with us during your recent visit to Oregon. Your review was very complimentary about your overall experience. I love the state of Tennessee having lived there for almost ten years! Thanks again for choosing the Phoenix Inn in Albany. Dave Pappas-General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were headed down the Oregon Coast. We booked this hotel on hotwire, as it was getting late and we were feeling weary from too much time in the car.

On arrival, the front desk staff didn't say much - he seemed very excited that we were there and under some mysterious pressure. Kind of charming.

Our room was on the 3rd floor overlooking a parking lot and the highway. The room had a rather large sitting area, bar style kitchen and amenities.

Bath was fitted with what looked like a bath enclosure, standard linens (not luxury) and decent quality toiletries.

Hair dryer, iron and board in room - if I need a long stay apartment/hotel - this wouldn't be a bad option.

Overall happy with room for the price that we paid.

Breakfast was included - I was really not impressed with the selections. Fruit that was left was rotten, eggs were empty, coffee was empty, cups not available. It was clear there was only one person to do everything, and she was doing her best just to keep up. I skipped breakfast and we found a coffee bar just down the road.

Perfectly fine - just don't set the bar too high and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
meritagebc- Thank you for staying with us. We great appreicate your review and take your comments very seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies for your breakfast experience. I will address these issues with the staff so we can exceed expectations going forward. Glad you did have some positive feelings about your stay and want you to know we're committed to improving the areas we let you down. Thanks! Dave Pappas-General Manager.
Brookston
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This stay was amazing for the price. The rooms are very large, complete with microwave, refrigerator and a kitchen sink. Nice king-size bed with the most comfortable pillow-top mattress I have slept on in a hotel. Bed has 5 pillows ranging in different softness to firmness, complimented with soft sheets, down comforter, and soft bed spread. Half wall divided room, gives privacy to those who would like to go to bed or those who would like to stay up. In the other portion of the room you have a leather couch and a workstation for computer or to catch up on paperwork. Bathroom consists of stool and shower, while the lavatory is as you walk into the room with a large mirror for prepping yourself.. Very large, clean pool with hot tub, furnished with towels. Very nice Continental breakfast with fresh fruit, from apples, oranges, peaches and pears, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereal, donuts, muffins you name it, they had it. I was very impressed, as I am used to mostly grab-n-go breakfasts. Very nice lobby, front desk staff are really polite.. Nice location and airport shuttle.. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel, it was great for the price and I hope they keep up the good work! Thanks, for a great stay! :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
mgwds1- Wow! Thank you for your nice comments. We greatly appreciate you staying with us. I'm very pleased to hear about your experience. Hope to see you again soon. Dave Pappas General Manager.
Lutz
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was very positive. We found it to be above average in all areas. The room was spacious and well supplied with amenities. The lobby; was smartly styled. The breakfast area was very nicely arranged and the food delicious. All over the hotel was clean and neat.
We would stay with chain of hotels again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: The king bed allows for more floor space and a nice arrangement for the couch and TV.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
vacationlol- We appreciate you staying with us. Your comments sound positive about your experience. Hope to see you again sometime. Dave Pappas-General Manager.
Kirkland
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I can not complain about the room or the hotel in general, as it was clean & very accommodating for my kids & I. I will say if you can get a room on the opposite side of the freeway it will be a lot more quite. Also the breakfast needs to be better tended to, as Saturday at 8am they were running out of some food. Keep things stocked during a busy morning people! I would give this hotel a 3 out of 5.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4fisher1- I'm pleased to hear about your experience overall. I will certainly discuss your concerns about breakfast with the staff and we'll work at attending to the breakfast more effectively going forward. We hope to see you again in the future. Thanks for your feedback. Dave Pappas-General Manager.
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was turned off by location next to adult store and entrance presentation was questionable ... price certainly higher than it should be
My final turn off was the appearance and attitude of the woman who worked at front desk.

we were so glad we opted to stay at the Comfort Suites about a mile away

Stayed August 2013
Debora K- My sincere apology for your experience. We certainly strive to be excellent at service. I'm truly sorry we let you down. I would treasure the opportunity to make it up to you and win back your trust in us. We greatly value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Dave Pappas-General Manager.
SEQUIM
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is an older property with huge rooms and clean, comfortable beds. Staff was very professional and helpful, and provided maps and various other information about the sights in the area. Some wear and tear on the furniture, but still a nice place to stay. My rating would actually be a 4 1/2, but my I can't figure how to do that on my tablet!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
rjmjjwa- Thank you for your review. We appreciate your nice comments and also the feedback in the areas we an improve the quality if the hotel. We strive to be the very best in providing our guests with a wonderful experince overall. Hope to see you again sometime. Dave Pappas-General Manager.