“Not the best choice in town”

Phoenix Inn Suites Albany
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Pacific Grove, California
“Not the best choice in town”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was turned off by location next to adult store and entrance presentation was questionable ... price certainly higher than it should be
My final turn off was the appearance and attitude of the woman who worked at front desk.

we were so glad we opted to stay at the Comfort Suites about a mile away

Stayed August 2013
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Debora K- My sincere apology for your experience. We certainly strive to be excellent at service. I'm truly sorry we let you down. I would treasure the opportunity to make it up to you and win back your trust in us. We greatly value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Dave Pappas-General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
SEQUIM
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is an older property with huge rooms and clean, comfortable beds. Staff was very professional and helpful, and provided maps and various other information about the sights in the area. Some wear and tear on the furniture, but still a nice place to stay. My rating would actually be a 4 1/2, but my I can't figure how to do that on my tablet!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
rjmjjwa- Thank you for your review. We appreciate your nice comments and also the feedback in the areas we an improve the quality if the hotel. We strive to be the very best in providing our guests with a wonderful experince overall. Hope to see you again sometime. Dave Pappas-General Manager.
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Right off the freeway. Low price via Hotwire. Big rooms. Avg 3-star breakfast. Thin pillows! We would stay there again just for the value. Good for families and road warriors. Close enough to Corvallis and outlet malls.

• Stayed June 2013
DPappasAlb, Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Brian F- Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to hear you were pleased with your accommodations. We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Look forward to having you back in the future. Dave Pappas-General Manager.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 23, 2013

While we enjoyed our two night stay and found the room to be exceedingly comfortable, we were highly disappointed with the continental breakfast. The attendant was exceedingly slow to restock food items, utensils, plates and other essentials. And worse, they had cartoons running with sound, which was distracting and inappropriate.

We were also surprised that the ice machine was broken on the 4th floor. Further, there was only one elevator serving a four story hotel. We often waited five or more minutes for an elevator. Lastly, the rooms lacked alarm clocks, which we found surprising.

On the flip side, the beds and sofa were exceedingly comfortable. And the hotel and rooms were clean. Which is what counts. Having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: I would highly suggest a room on the top floor to cut down on noise from above.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tom25- We appreciate you staying with us. Your comments are taken very seriously. My sincere apology for your breakfast experience. I will discuss with the staff so we can address these issues and perform at a higher level in this area going forward. I'm glad you enjoyed other aspects of your stay. Thanks for your feedback! Dave Pappas-General Manager.
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The night desk guy was really great. I opened the door to my room and was blown away by how large and nice it was. I had the two bed room. The furnishings were nice. The bed was so comfortable with plenty of quality blankets. My room was $119. It was a great value. I will be looking for Phoenix Inns when I travel. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms if you need one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DeniseOsborne- Thank you for your nice comment. I'm very pleased to hear about your stay with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Look forward to having you back in the future. Dave Pappas-General Manager.
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Ive been returning to The Phoenix for 10 years. The property is well kept. I always reserve the same room, 422. Enjoy the quiet area and very comfortable room. Leather couch, L desk, mini kitchen bar and very clean. Breakfast is great with full hot food. I had scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and fruit this morning. So yes Im a happy customer :)

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be well insulated from the outside sounds.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mike S- Wow! Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and the wonderful comments. We greatly appreciate your loyalty! Look forward to having you back soon. Dave Pappas-General Manager.
Longview, Washington
Reviewed May 29, 2013

You cant beat the Phoenix for great value. Have been staying there for years when in town on business and its always been a great experience. The rooms are reasonably up to date and very clean. I always ask for the top floor away from the interstate to be sure the noise is minimal. Have always paid less than $100 a night including taxes.

Will be back, again and again!

27J

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest. Thank you for your review. We greatly value the feedback. I'm glad you continue to be pleased with your experience. We appreciate your loyalty! Hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albany
Best Western Plus Prairie Inn
Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo
Holiday Inn Express Albany
Super 8 Albany
Super 8 Albany
#5 of 10 in Albany
Comfort Suites of Corvallis
Best Western Premier Boulder Falls Inn

Been to Phoenix Inn Suites Albany? Share your experiences!