“Not bad for the price”

Phoenix Inn Suites Albany
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Albany
“Not bad for the price”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The exterior of the building was somewhat outdated and I was confused about which door to go in. It didn't have the really obvious main lobby entrance. The interior decor was also dated but the place was clean. The room I got was more than big enough and did have a fridge and coffee maker. It was very quiet. The only real problem was a stain on one of the pillowcases. I just threw that pillow off the bed, but it still grossed me out. The adult shop in the parking lot was a little strange...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest. Thank you for your review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We're currently in the process of updating many areas of the hotel. My sincere apologies for the issues you experienced. I have addressed these with the staff. We would treasure the opportunity to win back your confidence and trust in us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Albany
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Hotel was very clean the bed was great and the location was just off Interstate 5 and very convenient. The hotel staff was very friendly and interested in making our stay comfortable. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback. Our guest’s opinions matter to us and we are always looking for ways to improve. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Washington State
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive by the outside appearance as the hotel's exterior is a bit outdated. However, my concerns were laid to rest by the interior and quality of customer service. This hotel is clean, quiet, and worth another visit. One of the cleanest rooms I've stayed in and very comfortable. Breakfast is open until 10 a.m., which is rare anymore, and was fresh. Coffee available 24 hrs, which is also becoming rare. Lots of parking. And, yes, the room's air conditioner is very quiet. Will stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NemsMom
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn and taking the time leave feedback. I’m glad that you found us to be clean, comfortable, and quite. As you mentioned, we try to make our amenities as convenient as possible for our guests to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Don't let the 80's decor fool you. The beds and pillows are VERY comfortable. The room was public areas very also very clean. The hotel was full, but it was still extremely quiet. What I appreciated most about the room was that the air/heat unit and the refrigerator was also quiet. I enjoyed peaceful sleep even close to the freeway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AGSTX
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I’m glad that you found us to be clean and quite. Our goal is that every guest has a restful stay in a relaxing room. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn and taking the time leave feedback. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Very comfortable and clean. Although it is near an interstate it is very quiet. The down comforter made the king size bed very cozy! The breakfast area is clean and although standard fare it was good. I would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Papajor1
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn and taking the time leave feedback. As you said, we have a quiet hotel even though we are conveniently located close to the freeway. For the more sensitive sleepers, we recommend asking for a non-freeway side room. If there is ever anything that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know. Please stop in the next time you are in town.
Lebanon Oregon
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here a few times and you always know what to expect from this Hotel. Comfortable beds in good sized, well appointed rooms, quiet surroundings and excellent value.

We'll be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn. We appreciate getting feedback from our guests. If there is ever anything that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know. Our goal is to have every guest leave here with a five star experience. We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in the area.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Check in was easy and accomodating. I prefer to stay in "non pet friendly" rooms. (It seems that the Hotels these days do not have rooms designated as "Pet Friendly". That is one point agains this Hotel. We used to have designated "non smoking" rooms but now all rooms in Oregon are "non smoking". ) So after I digress, I'm moving on. They put me on the 3rd floor stating that the chances are greater of having a room that did not have a Pet in them. The room was a King Size Bed room. It was clean, roomy, comfortable with a nice and spacious living area with a really large desk, love seat and lots of lights. I also took a point off for the breakfast. It had everything you would want and expect but I'm not sure why the Coffee always has to be weak, and why non banana"s? Everyone has to have a banana in the morning right? Really I would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd flloor seemed quiet to me.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer G
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. We are a pet friendly hotel and we try to keep all pets on the first and second floors. Unfortunately, sometimes guests sneak pets into their rooms. Therefore we cannot guarantee that your room has never had a pet in it since the hotel opened. When it comes to our breakfast, we try to have as much variety as possible, so all of our guests can find something to enjoy. If there were no bananas out, there were apples and/or oranges as well as canned fruit. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Albany!