“Good place to stay”

Phoenix Inn Suites Albany
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed one night at the Phoenix Inn, Albany Or. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Only dated item was the old style tv and not new flat screen. The wifi worked great the evening we stayed but was down the following morning. The hotel staff was doing every thing in their power to get it fixed but outside repair was slow to respond. There free breakfast was good with plenty of fruits, pasterys, scramble eggs and waffles. They also offer upscale coffee.
When I am in Albany Or again this is where I will Stay!!

Room Tip: backs up to the freeway I think parking lot rooms would be more quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Phoenix Inn. I apologize for the problems you had with our Wi-Fi. We were able to get our offsite tech support to correct the issue on the 6th. If you ever need it, we do have a hard wired computer in our business center for your convenience. We look forward to see you again on your next visit to Albany.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in a king suite, based on TripAdvisor reviews. A bit dated room (15 year old decor), but clean, and spacious (big). And a very good value! I have never stayed in Albany before, so not sure if there are better choices, or how this one stacks up. But I am very satisfied for the price. I would suggest trying to get a room that doesn't face the freeway as some road noise gets into your room, but even then, it wasn't that bad. Bed was very comfortable with down comforter and pillows. Old tube style 25" TV - so no HD. Breakfast was good - pretty typical smorgasbord style like most hotels these days. I would recommend this hotel if you are satisfied with a bit dated Fairfield Inn type room.

Room Tip: Better pick would be a room not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I’m glad to hear you had a great stay with us. We really appreciate guest feedback. As you mentioned, we are conveniently located right off of I-5. If you are a sensitive sleeper, be sure to ask for a non-freeway side room. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Albany!

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a large group attending a conference at the Linn County Expo Center. The hotel was clean with updated furnishings and decoration. My room was large and it was very quiet. Though this hotel sits just off the highway, I didn't hear any of the noise (while in my room) that you might expect from that kind of location. The continental breakfast was typical and adequate. I'd definitely stay here again if I needed lodging in Albany.

• Stayed: August 2012
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you had a great stay as our guest. If there is anything that we can do to add more value to your next stay, please let us know. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I and our son and his family stayed here 08-24/08-29-12. My wife and I had a king suite. The bed was the most comfortable that I have slept on at a motel in a long time, we enjoyed the room so much that we extended our stay 3 nights longer. We would stay there again the next time we are in Albany.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side (opposite I-5). The king suite has a divider wall separating the bed...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and even extended it with us. I would like to make your next stay a 5 out of 5. If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable, please let us know. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at the Phoenix Inn 08/24-08/26/2012. For the price, what a great deal. The room was nice and clean. The beds were very comfortable. There were only really two issues. The first was a lack of clean towels for the pool area and most of the breakfast items were gone Sunday morning. All in all a great deal for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn. We try to anticipate issues and resolve them before they become problems. If there is an occasion where we are not aware of a problem, please let us know so we can fix it as quickly as possible. We hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a large group and ended up with over 20 rooms booked for our reunion. All of the room arrangements were handled smoothly and without problems by their Sales Manager, Cassie Cruze. Thanks, Cassie! We had people coming from all corners of the country, making their reservations at different times prior, yet they were able to get most of us together in one area of the hotel, which was great.
I always use TA and read what other reviewers have to say. We were there almost a week, and had no problems with the quality and quantity of the breakfast they provided; in fact, it was better than what most places do for breakfast. It is a bit stupefying to hear people complain about a free breakfast!
The rooms were large and clean and well decorated, and the beds very comfortable; there just wasn't anything not to like about this place. We would go back again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind words. We love taking care of individuals and groups. It makes our day to hear reviews like yours. We try to anticipate issues and resolve them before they become problems. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We are in Albany often, visiting family, and we always stay at the Phoenix Inn and Suites. The rooms are large, with a nice sitting area separate from the sleeping area. There is a microwave, refrigerator and sink, so you can make simple lunches and dinners in, if you don't want to go out. The beds are VERY comfortable, and the sheets have a high thread count. The rooms are clean and well stocked. We have stayed here since they opened, and we will continue to do so. However, this time we were VERY disappointed with the breakfast. One of the reasons we stay here is because of the wonderful breakfasts, but not this time. Breakfasts are served from 6:30 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. We came down at 7:45, and there was virtually nothing left to eat. There were a few canned peach slices in a bowl, a few pieces of bread for toasting, some biscuits and gravy, and a few sweet rolls. The eggs and sausage were gone, the English muffins were gone, the yogurts were gone, the coffee was gone - the juice was so diluted it tasted like water. We stood in the doorway of the kitchen calling out to see if anyone was there, but no answer. We went to the front desk - no one was there either. We finally got the attention of a woman walking by with a cart and asked her if she could restock the breakfast area. It took her 20 minutes to do it, but we finally got some English muffins, eggs, sausage and yogurt. There was still no coffee when we left. This is the first time we've had this kind of a problem, and I really hope they get it straightened out, because the breakfasts were a big asset. I'm still marking it very good because you cannot beat the rooms for size, cleanliness, and comfort, but they need to get their act together in the breakfast room!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor. There is only one elevator, and you can wait a long time for it...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us again. I’m sorry that we let you down on your last stay. We will address this problem and do everything we can to prevent it from happening in the future. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Albany.