“Great air conditioning!”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Albany
California
“Great air conditioning!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was just an overnight stop for us arriving late and leaving early, but it was a hot day and when we entered the room it was a hot room, but the air conditioning quickly made for a great night's sleep. The front desk area was dirty and shabby, but don't let that scare you - the room was tidy and clean. I reserved through a discount on-line service, but the front desk receptionist treated us as if we were the highest paying guests in the house.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We appreciate your business! As you said, we treat everyone as the highest paying guest. I’m glad that you brought our attention to the appearance of our front desk. Since your review, we have thoroughly cleaned and revarnished it. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes are needed. Thank you again for choosing the Phoenix Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Redding, CA
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked 2 nights at the Phoenix Inn and Suites because it was conveniently located for our trip activities but were greatly disappointed because of the noise level each night. The road noises from I-5 were constant through the night and we were also plagued with a noisy refrigerator on the second night. Will look for a quieter place to stay next visit.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the highway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn. I was sorry to hear that you had an issue with your refrigerator. We have high standards here and we let you down. We are looking into the problem so that we can correct it for the next guest. We hope you will choose to stay with us again.
Central Coast, CA
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed here in June 2012 for two nights. I booked this hotel through Hotwire and it was advertized as a 3 star. I would call it a 2 star, 2.5 at the most. I was surprised when the name was revealed as I thought it would be Holiday Inn Express. The location is great, right off I-5. Check in was uneventful, I had to wait for the couple in front of me to check in. I think they must have events at the hotel because I was surprised to see the parking lot almost completely full when I arrived at 9 pm. I decided to get something to eat and when I returned around 10 pm, I was glad to see there were several openings in the parking lot. The lobby is nice and was recently redecorated. My room faced the freeway and I could hear some roadway noise, so I kept the A/C on low overnight. The room itself was large with a small kitchenette/sitting area with a sofa and desk. The furnishings and decor are dated and a little dark. The sink and "dressing" area are inside of the room and the tub/shower combo and toilet are in a separate room. The carpeting in my room looked like it needed to be cleaned, there was a stain that looked like pet urine near my door. Good lodging in Albany is limited and I was pleased with the price through hotwire, so I would stay here again. The Dennys next door offers 24-hour room service. Wal-Mart is a block away and there are several restaurants and Fred Meyer just on the other side of I-5. The free breakfast in the morning was pretty good and they had free USA Today newspapers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to make every stay enjoyable. If there is something wrong with your room, please let us know so that we can correct a mistake as soon as possible. You had an issue with your room’s carpet. If you report that to our staff, we can move you to another room and then shampoo the carpet. We are proud of the fact that we have a three diamond rating through AAA and we want to live up to it. We hope to see you again in the future.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2012

spacious rooms, comfortable and clean. Good value for cost with free internet and parking.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thanks for the kind words, we always enjoy hearing feedback from our guests. It is our goal to make every stay the best it can be. If there is a way for us to get a 5 out of 5, please let us know. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Never have heard of this hotel chain before, quite small Chain but meets well up to there name!
Between a Comfort INN Suites and a Holiday Inn Express with a much better price! Very friendly staff and rooms are quite nice.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in a little ask for a room that doesnt face the Highway! Very loud starting at...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DPappasAlb, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Albany, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I have always felt that once you stay with us, you will see the value in what we provide compared to other hotels. I noticed that you marked us down in a couple of areas. If there is something we can do to improve, please let us know. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn.
Lebanon Oregon
Reviewed May 29, 2012

On 05/26/2012 my wife and I stayed at the Phoenix Inn & Suites while celebrating my birthday. This is our second time spending a night at this property and we were even more impressed this time than last. The rooms are spacious and comfortable as well as clean and quiet. The beds are very comfortable and this time around we saved a ton of money by going to their site and reserving a "non refundable" room. By doing so we paid ONLY $69 for a night versus a rack rate well over twice that high. The last time we stayed it was over $100.00.

To be clear it's not like this place is the Ritz or anything and, yeah, there's an Adult Store in the parking lot (big deal...there's also a police station) and the breakfast isn't exactly a gourmet buffet... but for $69 this place is hard to beat!

Room Tip: Denny's is right across the street and will deliver to your room... Although we just walked over...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We often run sales on our website and we will match our online rates if you would rather make your reservation over the phone. We do get many compliments on our extended continental breakfast because it is complimentary, convenient, and delicious. Thank you for choosing the Phoenix Inn.
Duncan, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Our room was huge - it had a sitting area with a sofa, large desk and a counter with a bar sink and fridge. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub which were very clean and orderly and stayed open till 11 pm (very handy for people who are travelling and stop late in the evening). The complimentary breakfast was typical fare such as cold cereal, waffles, small pastries, (disgusting) eggs and weak coffee. Very easy on and off the I-5. We paid a bit more ($120) than we usually care to but that's what happens when you don't book ahead.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our complimentary extended continental breakfast. We have made changes and hope you will be pleased the next time you stay with us. We get compliments on our Belgian waffles, biscuits and gravy, and other items that are not common at other hotels. We have also switched the style of eggs we serve and are also now proudly serving Seattle’s Best coffee.