$72
$99
$79
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

$120
$110
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

$76
$80
$80
$70
$70
TripAdvisor
All reviewspotatoesroom was cleanbreakfast areagreat breakfastsausagegreat place to staywafflesvery nice hotelfirst floorhot tubeasy accesslong drivestay there againking bedcontinental breakfastexpo centerindoor pool
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I called the front desk twice to complain about the a/c the evening of arrival and no one answered the front desk. I called again and still no one answered the phone. The laboratory and the bath tub were both clogged. At checkout the manager advises me that they apologized for the inconvenience and would credit back my account. 8 days have past and they still have not credit my account. One thing I can't stand is a liar and that is what this hotel is all about!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank 329curtism
Sunny S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Prairie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Dear 329curtism,

We do sincerely apologize you were not pleased with your stay here at the Best Western Plus Prairie Inn, as we try very hard to ensure an enjoyable experience for all our guests. Thank you for informing me of the items in need of repair so we are able to rectify these types of issues. We did look into the air conditioning unit and found it needed the reset button pushed and do apologize we were not able to fix this during your stay with us. Per our discussion about the points, I did honor those on the day we discussed them, but somehow they were rejected from Best Western. Once I became aware they were rejected, I spoke with Best Western to ensure this was taken care of. Unfortunately we do not become aware of things in a timely manner, for our guests expectations and we do sincerely apologize for this, but do rest assured all things have been taken care of. We do hope you choose to give us another chance to prove we are a great Best Western.

Danielle Sell-GM

Reviewed August 7, 2017

My disclaimer starts with this: Beggars can't be choosers when deciding on an impromptu weekend and hotels are somewhat full due to events.

However.....while the stay for one night was overall OK, the room and hotel had some jarring issues for what we paid per night (the rate was was WAY too much, over $250 for 2 adults and 2 young children). For $250 a night and up, I expect a much nicer hotel (Marriot for example).

Our room was in the bottom floor, which is below grade (think daylight basement). This led that level to have a very musty odor. You can smell it upon opening the door into the hallway, from the parking lot. Our room had a very musty smell, and the carpet felt odd. Not wet, but not dry. It was like a wet dog smell.

The door to the hotel room wouldn't shut properly - if you let it close. It wouldn't lock auto. You had to slam the door for it to lock!

The AC had to be lowered to 64* to cool the room - but it didn't feel like 64, more like 70.

The shower curtain was odd, and kept falling open, leading to water on the floor. My tall husband figured it out though, it had a thing on the top to clip over...but short people can't see it or reach it - and the shower curtain rod was installed wrong as well, so it goes downhill.

The shower seemed to produce only hot water (I know, I am being picky...but it was kind of unnerving 2 small children with hot water I couldn't seem to cool down)

And the one thing I cannot stand: Mold spots on the ceiling, above the shower.

Having said all this, the pool area was clean and maintained (though old in style), and the breakfast area was clean, and well stocked. Any employees we passed were polite and nice. The refrigerator in the room worked fine. It's very close (walking distance) to the Expo Center. The airport is great fun for the kids to watch. The parking lot was safe to park in.

But mold. Come on, don't rent out rooms with MOLD!!! My youngest has asthma, and I was not happy having to watch his coughing.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Prairie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear Sarah,
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the discomfort that you and your family experienced due to the cleanliness of your accommodations. We know that this is little consolation, but we do always recommend that our guests let the front desk know of any issues in the room so that we can work to correct them as quickly as possible. Mold and dampness are uncomfortable and unacceptable in a hotel of our caliber, and we are very sorry that you had to deal with both during your stay. We're glad that you noted some positive aspects as well like our service and pool and hope that you were able to have as relaxing a stay as possible. Please let us make it up to you with another stay in Albany that excels on all fronts and impresses you in both comfort and quality!

Reviewed August 2, 2017

This Best Western Plus was pleasantly tucked away and close to I-5/ Hwy 20. The staff were very helpful and accommodating to ensure every guest felt at home. The room was very nice and decorated with warm colors and offered a quiet restful stay. I highly recommend this hotel and it was moderately priced.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Prairie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Dear Darrin,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We truly appreciate your recommendation. It is especially great to hear you say that you felt at home because that is what we set out to do every day. Our welcoming, lovely staff believe that a friendly atmosphere can really change a guest's whole experience. When you are looking for another affordable and conveniently located hotel in Albany, come and see us again at the Best Western Plus Prairie Inn!

Reviewed August 2, 2017

Tremendous stay after a long day of driving
Quiet room and sleep came easily
Check out was easy and smooth
I will stay here again when the occasion presents itself
Thank you Best Western Plus Prarie Inn

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo

We're honored you chose to stay with us during your trip to Albany. Thank you for the glowing review! We're so pleased that the room gave you the rest and comfort you needed to recoup after a long road trip. We pride ourselves on making the check out process simple and we're pleased to hear that is exactly what happened in your case. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 2, 2017

Hotel grounds and room dirty - mold in the bathroom, sand in the bed, spider nests in ceiling corners, dried vomit down the back stairs. No hot water in shower, but scalding at the sink. Breakfast mediocre.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Kelly H

Dear Kelly,
Please accept our apologies for a stay that clearly did not meet your expectations. We have a very capable and professional housekeeping team, and we are sorry that we did not perform to the level that we are known for in your room and around our property. It is also saddening to read that you had an issue with water temperature. We will have our maintenance team take a look at the rather atypical problem you identified. Finally, we know that it is no consolation, but we hope that you were able to get some energy to start the day with our breakfast although it did not match your preferences. Please consider us for another stay in Albany.