We have driven from San Francisco to Vancouver, B.C. several times and normally stay 1 night at a similar 'name brand' hotel in Roseburg, Oregon since it's a good half way point. This time we passed Roseburg by 1hr and 45mins and ended up stopping in Albany, Oregon due to dangerous road conditions from a rain storm.
We were pleasantly surprised to find that this hotel in Albany was priced A LOT less than Roseburg hotels. Roseburg seems to be more like a town whereas Albany is just a quick stopover off the freeway.
We were driving with a packed car so were looking for a hotel that offered visibility of the parking lot from the room. A majority of the rooms seem to be facing the parking lot at this hotel so we were able to request a room with a window facing directly to our car.
We were able to get an even lower price when I asked to login to my preferred 'discount hotel website' from their computer in the lobby. I showed the front desk receptionist the price I was able to get on the site and she price matched. SCORE!
The hotel lobby is currently being renovated, has friendly staff and offers a continental breakfast complete with sausage, eggs and waffles!
1. The lobby has a faint odor of chlorine since an indoor pool is directly in front of the lobby.
2. The bathroom sink is not connected to the bathroom. Only the toilet and bath are behind closed doors while the sink is at the entrance of the room. Not horrible, but not convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotels in Albany, Oregon boast a prime location, whether guests are looking for the excitement of a nearby Beavers®/Ducks game or some of that legendary Pacific Northwest outdoor recreation. At your Best Western Plus Prairie Inn, friendly staff members are happy to provide recommendations on everything from shopping at the nearby outlets in Woodburn to the best trails for hiking at the mountains. In fact, Albany, Oregon hotels provide guests with the best of both worlds, whether it’s a night out that has you intrigued or you simply want to be close to some of the best hiking, camping and fishing in the state. The Linn County Fairgrounds are close by, and there are fun events happening year-round. Right off the interstate and with Oregon State University, home of the Beavers, within driving distance, you can really make the most of any vacation or business trip. Check out a football game, head to the coast, or set your sights for skiing at Mt. Hood. Close to your Albany hotel, guests can enjoy the incredible Northwest Art & Air Festival or one of the many annual forest events. Check out the Country Western Festival in Brownsville, OR, or go to the Linn County Expo Center for one of the many entertaining events. Travelers in the logging industry especially enjoy our Albany hotel because of the great rates, friendly service and comfortable rooms which feel just like home. We are located right off the Interstate 5, Exit 233 making it easy for travelers, truckers and those on a road trip to get back to the drive. Many of our guests stay with us on their way to another destination, such as Seattle, the mountains, or the laid back cities of northern California. No matter what brings you to this part of Oregon, rest assured that you’ll feel comfortable at this welcoming hotel. The beauty of the Great Northwest is in your backyard, and now the only question is what to do first. Reserve your affordable room at the Best Western Plus Prairie Inn now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Best Western, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Prairie Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Albany
- Albany Quality Inn
- Best Western Plus Prairie Inn Albany, Oregon