“Great meal, really enjoyed our dinner”
Review of Carino's Italian

Carino's Italian
Ranked #26 of 157 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Okay so it's a chain -- so what? We had a great meal here and will make sure we eat here again!

We saw their ads on TV and everything looked so good we just had to try it since we both enjoy good Italian food. It was our first visit and Carino's did not disappoint.

We were quite early so they weren't yet busy but by the time we left they were bustling, even on a Tuesday night. The restaurant is pleasant with comfortable booths. We sat on one side in a semi-private booth where we didn't have anybody next to us.

Our service was very good and our waitress was friendly and efficient. All through dinner, Katherine was so accommodating and flexible. That speaks well for management.

We started with a beer and a drink, and made our selection. I chose the "adult" macaroni and cheese which had bacon and mushrooms. My husband chose the timbali skilletini (I think that's what it was called!). We both opted for the unlimited salad for $2 more.

First, we were served the house bread loaf with the oil/pepper/garlic dip. Yum! We went through the first loaf in nothing flat and she immediately brought another. Then the salads arrived with delicious Gorgonzola dressing. The croutons were superb - crunchy without being hard enough to break loose a tooth! Why can't all restaurants make croutons like that? My husband ordered another salad, and there was no problem switching to a Caesar. That was good also. He also had a taste of the chili for no charge.

About now, we were glad we didn't order appetizers, LOL!

Our entrees arrived and my "macaroni and cheese" was I think the best pasta dish I've ever had! Oh my it was good. My husband's dish was also good, although he admitted he didn't realize it would be mostly spaghetti. After all the bread and salad, we managed to eat only about half our meals and took the rest home.

A nice touch here - Katherine gathered up our plates to package the leftovers. When she brought back the containers, she had marked what they were and the date on the top!

No dessert for us as we were just too darn full :-)

I felt they had pretty reasonable prices. Without the $10 worth of drinks, our bill would have been only about $33. This for getting a huge meal that we couldn't finish at the time. There was enough left over that we had a second dinner two nights later at home. I just added a salad and some veggies and our leftover entrees were still delicious.

I'm glad we tried Carino's and it won't be the last time we eat here.

1  Thank half-Brit

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I LOVE Italian food but this does not compare with real Italian cooking. Good service, good food. The sauce seems to me more like canned than fresh. Just doesn't have that Italian flavor.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Food is always good, but the service is terrific. We all had more than enough food and some took the extras home for a later meal. The young lady that waited on us was extremely helpful and very pleasant. One funny comment after another. Great time.

1  Thank Jimbab66
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great food with a great kids menu. The bread is very good that they serve as an appetizer. The food is a little expensive. Same price as Olive Garden but without the endless salad included. I had the jalapeno and smoked chicken ravioli and it was fabulous. Highly recommend this place.
Service was quick and very friendly.

1  Thank Laurie A
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Well done interior and exterior, very comfortable. Good food, but not exceptional and a good value. I eat there about 6 times/yr.

Been to Carino's Italian? Share your experiences!