“good burger”
Review of First Burger

First Burger
Ranked #6 of 148 Restaurants in Albany
Description: First Burger restaurant is a collaboration between Dennis and Molly Miller and their talented staff that make the restaurant go. At First Burger, we use the freshest local ingredients to create hamburgers the way they ought to be: hand-formed, generously sized, made-to-order, and delicious. We're looking forward to seeing you when you come in to dine.
Coburg, Oregon
“good burger”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Burgers are fresh made and very good. I had the Mushroom Burger w/the works and tator tots togo. Very good and jucy! Recommend a try for a good burger.

Visited December 2013

Scio, Oregon
“Great burger in downtown Albany”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a little place we'd never tried before and saw this little place while driving through downtown Albany so stopped. My wife and I had a great burger experience. Better than Red Robin and we really like to frequent Red Robin for their burgers.

• Visited February 2014
Salem, Oregon
“Looking for late lunch”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were coming back from Eugene and decided to take Hwy 99 home. It was getting late in day so went to Trip Advisor to find restaurant in Albany. First choice didn't open til 5pm.
Saw this restaurant and decided to give it a try. Great little hamburger place. Friendly staff. We will definitely go back again

McMinnville, Oregon
“Very fresh food, good flavours, understaffed?”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Came here from well out of town on a trip to the theater.
Before details, let me say the food was excellent and well worth the trip. I don't agree this is the "best burger" you can get - it is indeed very fresh and the hand-made never-frozen aspect is evident in the flavours, but I am quite a burger expert and have tasted perfection, so they get 4.5 out of 5 in that area. The hand-cut fries were excellent, not undercooked at all, which can be a deal-breaker IMHO.
We came in a little after 6pm on a Thursday night. The place was about 1/2 full, we were seated immediately, but it took a little less than 10 minutes for the server to get back to take our order. The two servers in the place just seemed overwhelmed. They were working their tails off, don't get me wrong, they just seemed perhaps a bit inexperienced. They were trying very hard to keep everyone happy. I saw a couple of groups leave after being seated because of a wait, and I must admit we considered it. But in the end, we were glad we didn't. :)
As a beer lover, I was looking for something special and different. When I asked about one of their offerings (a Great White from Lost Coast in California), the server thought I was asking about a wine. No biggie, the beer snob in me is just used to my server having at least a little bit of concept of what they're offering. To be fair, though, it's not like this place is a brew pub. I went with a tangerine wheat from the same brewery and it was mighty tasty.
We ordered the fried pickles (not home-made but always good) to start. The wife and I split two burgers. I had the 50/50 western on special - WONDERFUL!, so many excellent flavours mixed perfectly, and the patty with 1/2 beef mixed with 1/2 bacon was heavenly. Wife had a burger with avacado, cilantro, bacon - also excellent in a different way, this was probably the lightest and freshest burger I've ever had. A great sampling.
Overall the visit was about 45 minutes, and once we ordered the food came relatively quickly based on the business they were doing. The atmosphere was classic burger joint, nothin special but functional. Definitely worth the trip, and the food was fresh and made with care. Recommended, but just know you might be in for a bit of a wait. Be patient, it's worth it!

• Visited March 2014
Albany, Oregon
“Great Burgers!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you want a sinfully delicious burger, this is the place to go! My fav is the Swiss Mushroom burger with the best sweet potato fries while my husband loves the chili burger and regular fries.

Service is great and the shakes aren't half-bad either!

Visited February 2014