“Miserable”
Review of Motel 6 Ardmore

Motel 6 Ardmore
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My family and I stayed here because the price was reasonable. Your really get what you pay for. We tried to check in at 4 but they hadn't cleaned the rooms yet so they said come back at 5 or 5:30. We drove around, had an early supper and came back. We throught about going for a swim but the pool was full of screaming kids. The room was tiny with 2 beds crammed against the walls. They were still wrapped in plastic and sounded like you wre crumpling newspaper everytime you moved on them. We had one towel and washcloth for 4 people. It took 2 trips to the office to finally get enough towels and washcloths for 4 people. We got ready for bed and realized we felt very warm. The a/c was barely working. My sister went to the office to report it. A girl finally came to our room, put her hand over the vent and said, "Yep, not working very well. The a/c in the rooms on this side never does work well when it's really hot." and left. My sister went back and asked if we could change rooms. After an hour they said they had another room available but it was a smoking room. She went to look at it anyway but said when they opened the door cigarette smoke came billowing out in clouds. No way we could tolerate that so we spend a hot miserable night with crinkling matressess in our non smoking room (even though it was furnished with 2 ash trays). We checked out early the next morning and will never consider trying a Motel 6 again no matter how cheap the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Ardmore

Reviewed July 24, 2011

I was driving from South Dakota to Texas and made it as far as Ardmore, OK the first day. I had no interest in doing anything but sleeping, so I wasn't going to pay more than necessary. That's where Motel 6 properties come into play!

This particular Motel 6 was just like any other. No frills whatsoever. A small but cool room with adequate bedding, AC, and shower is all I wanted and that's all I got.

I was a little concerned about the area. Right outside my room there were some bums rummaging through a garbage dumpster creating a bit of noise. Also in the lobby was a poster of a wanted murderer in the area on the loose. However, it wasn't enough to scare me away from walking over to the local Applebee's for dinner.

If I was traveling through Ardmore again, I'd probably stay here again. For under $50 you have to know what you're getting yourself into. I got what I expected.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2011

My stay was from 3/14-4/22 and it was the worst ever. Upon checking in I wasn't told that extended stay the room is only cleaned 2 a week and if I wanted clean linen that I need to leave the dirty outside my door with the trash to be picked up. Upon coming in from a 12 hour shift I called the office and was instructed so and my friend got on the phone with more questions. The manager got on and at the end of the call she neglected to hand the phone up so we listened to them talk bad about us. She said "them people need to go back to tx and who do them people think they are." Of course alot more was said about us as we are people of color. Not only that but the bathroom almost never got cleaned until the rooms were becoming available because we were told if we don't like the service ( and nobody did) then we could go to another hotel. They knew the plant had hundreds of people in town so they were all filled. My friend called corporate and they had the same attitude. As long as you have the money then they want it but service don't mean anything to them. I would never stay at any motel 6 again. The also on a regular basis said they didn't have clean towels but that was found to be a lie because after work if they cleaning crew was still cleaning we asked them for towels and got them. You don't get what you pay for at this hotel. My sister and husband had to do without hot water and had to buy a fan. The list of complaints is endless but it falls on deaf ears. Oh they had baseball teams there so of course there were small kids. Well when my nieces were there running around the courtyard around 7 they called the cops. When the other kids were running around the courtyard about 10:30 p.m. I called the office because I had to be up at 5 a.m. I was told that she was doing her job and that she had spoke to the kids already. There was a computer that you got 10 free minutes on before they charged your room....thank God I had one. The pool was filthy although it was hot.

Room Tip: Schedule your reservation with another motel
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I've stayed in a LOT of Motel 6's over the years, and I think this one may be the most run-down location in the U.S. No signs of any remodeling, ever. Yes, it has a musty smell. No desk! On the other hand, we've seen no roaches. There are, however, minor stains on the pillowcases and holes in the bedspreads.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We rented 2 rooms for 2 nights 1 room has roaches in it..... The second room was nasty from guest before dirty linens dirty shower rude workers will not suggest anyone to stay at this motel.... I will go to another motel next time i come to ardmore....... Even the people working the desk when I told them about my room said ewwww...Never offered to give us 2 more rooms or give us our money back... The room with the roaches was my grandma and 1 child and the other with the dirty everything was Me my husband and 2 little girls never stay there again

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank carriesanders87
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This is one of the cheapest places to stay in town, but it is disgusting. Filthy sheets, blankets, carpet, holes in curtains. Dirty bathroom. Ice machine was broken. I would suggest saving up the extra 20 dollars a night to stay at a nicer hotel or even sleeping in your car or someone's floor would be a better experience than this. Please don't give it a chance to try it out. Every room I saw is filthy, and my family members who stay here quite often due to affordability, agree with me.

If you are on a tight budget, then you know that every dollar is a sacrifice, so don't waste money here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank alana82
Reviewed November 2, 2009

After a long lengthy drive (from Colorado) I saw the advirtising from the freeway, and the sign in the distance. I have been a loyal Motel 6'er for the past 20 years, so I know what to look for. I checked in, to a WONDERFUL front desk experience, with Dewayne. This motel's exterior surpassed several I have stayed at in the past. The room was comfortable, and the bed was excellant. The Manager passed me walking down the corridor, and was very pleasant. He spoke to me, and made me feel welcome, which seems to be a characterisitic of this chain. I will recommend this Motel 6 to anyone out there traveling, as it is a definite place to stop over. Very clean room as well.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business