“Had a great time!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lake Murray Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ardmore
Lake Murray Resort
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
Dallas, TX
“Had a great time!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed in a cabin at Lake Murray Resort and Lodge last week Tues, Wed and Thurs nights. Cabin was clean and updated (#222). Ours had a full fridge and full kitchen. Nice plasma tv mounted on the wall on a swivel arm with good cable channels. There were reviews that the cabins are old but this one was nice. Firepit outside and grill - used them both a lot. Swim beach within a 5-minute drive. Water at Lake Murray is clear, lots of rocks to climb on...got some great pics. We didn't eat at the lodge but went to Ardmore and got groceries and cooked out, as well as ate at Two Frogs in Ardmore (it was ok) and Fireside Dining (nice upper-scale place so be prepared to pay but food was great and service was good), which is on Lodge Road coming into the Resort. We used the pool onsite - it's clean but boring for kids - nothing but a pool, no slide or diving poard. Rented a boat/jetski from Lake Murray Water Sports and had a great time on that. Went to Tucker Tower, which had a beautiful view of the lake. Went to Arbuckle Wilderness - my kids (4 and 10 yrs) loved it and me and hubby laughed so much our stomachs hurt. Lots of fun. We also went to Turner Falls for an afternoon - gorgeous place with COLD! water, which felt great in 100+ degree heat. We will be going back again this summer for a weekend trip and it will be a recurring place to go for us.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank krizmex

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fort Worth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

I read some reviews and was very weary, but my daughters were going to a Girl Scout campout so I went on ahead and rented a cabin. Yes they are older but they were very clean. The bed was quite comfortable...I believe they have replaced all the mattresses in the park. There is flat screen TVs in the cabins with basic cable for my husband this was a huge plus!!

This park is in the process of updating and redoing all the cabins. We had the basic cottage for 2 people. When you walk-in the main room there is a queen size bed with 2 nightstands on the far wall. In the corner by the door is the Dresser with the Flat screen TV above it. On the other side of the door is a mirror on the wall with a wicker chair. The Bathroom had shampoo & soap in a little wicker basket. The sink was worn but I think it just added to the charm. There is a little build on that has the kitchen area in it. I had a sink with a 2 burner stove. Dishtowel and dishcloth were there. There was a microwave, coffeemaker, mini fridge and toaster. They even provided Reg or Decaf kits to brew. Against the window was a small table and 2 chairs.

I will absolutely be back!!!

The swimming beach was neat it was sand but had big rocks the kids can play on!! Plus the water is so blue!! Don’t forget to check out Tucker Tower!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank firechick569
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

I stayed here with my family in September. It would have been easy to overlook the disrepair of our cabin, and the dinginess of the campgrounds if we had not contracted scabies during our stay. I have contacted the management of the campground several times, and they continue to deny the problem. Don't stay here if you want to get scabies or who-knows-what else during your stay. Not worth the price once you factor in the medical bills you will have.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank janecol22

Travelers are raving about these Ardmore hotels

Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

I don't know what it is like in the lodge but the overall experience of dealing with the desk was terrible. First, when they sent the email confirmation it was wrong. They said they would fix it, and I guess they did, but then never sent a correct confirmation. Check in was supposed to be after 3. We got there about 5 and the cabin was not ready yet. The fine print says "may be as late as 6" We were supposed to have a cabin by the lake. I asked when I booked how close to the lake we would be and we were told "very close to the lake" We were a 1/4 mile from the lake. I would not call that "very close" The section of cabins that is very close was closed off with barbed wire because that is where they are going to build the new lodge. But that also meant you couldn't get to the boat ramp there. And it isn't like they were working on anything yet. Did I mention the overpowering smell of sewer gas in the lobby? PU. The cabin was about what I expected which was ok. The pool supposedly closes at 8 pm. The lady made us get out at 10 minutes til. Come on. It's summer. It stays light until almost 9. Give me a break. And did I mention check out is at 11. I guess that is so they have time to get the room ready by 3. HaHa. The only highlight was Lake Murray Water Sports. They treat people better there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank masterjohnson
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2008

We just returned from week long stay at Lake Murray Resort. We stayed in a "Large Villa"; two bedroom/1 bath cabin. It was perfect for our family. We have two boys ages 9 and 10 plus a dog. We had three more adults join us for a night and was still very comfortable. The cabin had two twin beds in one bedroom and a full bed in the other. The living room had a Murphy Bed (queen). The cabin was very retro/rustric. Full of windows (the old crank style) with nice views. It had a huge rock fireplace that we kept going the entire week! It also had a full size refrig and a microwave.. Small sink and two burner (electric) stovetop. Very large round dining table with six chairs. Couch and lounge chair with ottoman. Screened-in Porch. Large TV with Cable in the living room. It also had a BBQ grill and picnic table outside. The grounds are absolutely beautiful! Loads of wildlife including a family of deer which we saw daily. There is a playground with swings, jungle gym, and a huge slide (big hit for my youngest). Lots of trails for hiking. Linens/Towels were provided. You bring your own cookware/utensils. The only negative that I can think of is that there wasn't fireplace tools (we'll remember to bring our own next time). We're already planning to go back in the spring.

• Liked — Rustic/Quiet
  • Disliked — No Fireplace Tools
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank fulghum
Oklahoma City, OK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2008

We were given $175 worth of credit vouchers to use at this resort. We had been to Lake Murray once previously but didn't stay at the state park. We booked through the resort for the last weekend in June for a 4 person cabin. Our total for the 2 nights was covered with the $175 vocher.....all I can say is that I would have been highly disappointed if I would have paid $80 a night for this cabin (which is the listed price).

The futon bed in the living room was very old and out dated....not comfortable at all to sleep on. The 2 twin beds in the bedroom were fine. Our first night I woke up a 3 am to get a drink and walked into the kitchen only to discover 1000's of ants all over one wall. We didn't have any bug killer with us in the cabin, so we killed them using body spray and wet paper towels.

The next morning we realized that the toliet took over an hour to fill up with water before it would flush again. So, we used an old ice bucket we found in the cabin to fill the tank up each time so that we could actually flush the toliet.

Saying that the cabins are rustic is a compliment....I find camping in a tent more comfortable than this cabin. I contemplated getting a hotel room after the first night ant incident. Luckily, we didn't pay for the cabin because we had the vouchers, but I would have been horribly upset to waste $80 per night on this cabin.

On the good side....Lake Murray is probably the cleanest lake that I have been to in Oklahoma, and it was good that the resort allowed pets.

I think they should start renovating or totally rebuilding their cabins....even if they have to do it one at a time.....

• Liked — Allows Pets and on Lake Murray
  • Disliked — the cabin
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank Karissa1977
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2008

This is the perfect place! My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. We rented a rustic cabin on the lake and brought our dog who loves the water (as well as the ducks!) We love visiting the historic little downtown area of Ardmore! We enjoy antique shopping and made some great finds! We also came across this wonderful 30's dinner, Hamburger Inn, and had the best hamburgers! Afterwards we walked next door and happened upon this adorable tea room/book store, Simple Curiosities, which we truly enjoyed. Wonderful cheesecake! The people are so friendly in the town ... it really took us back and reminded us of how things really should be!

• Liked — We were able to bring our pet and it's great for all ages, including our grandchildren.
  • Disliked — none ... wish it was closer.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank FluffyCheeks