“This is the place to stay in Ardmore.”

SpringHill Suites Ardmore
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
Woodland Hills
“This is the place to stay in Ardmore.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had a wonderful stay this past week and was truely impressed by the hotel and staff. The hot breakfast was a winner and prepared fresh. The suite rooms were both large and nicely furnished. We had a problem with our credit card at check in but, they nice enough to check us in while we straightened it out. We were pleasantly surprised at this gesture. We consider the price at this hotel to be very reasonable for the quality.

Room Tip: Top floor is always the most quiet. Ther is an elevator so go for high.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your weekend visit with us. My team works very hard to ensure all of our guests have the same experience you did. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Everything was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Staff were friendly. Lots of fresh fruit at breakfast, and a nice social hour with snacks and drinks in the afternoon. Easy on and off the freeway. Absolutely no problems, will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

You're not going to find a better hotel in Ardmore so book this place in advance because it does get sold out.

I enjoyed the complementary breakfast; there were quite a few options available. The gym is decent as well, with a few pieces of cardio equipment and some free standing weights.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kay M
Dallas, Tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I wanted to share my experience with the public regarding this hotel and warn others to stay away at all costs. I had a reservation for April 18th that I used an e-certificate as payment for the room. An e-certificate is a voucher for complimentary night. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to make the trip and so did not check in that night. I discovered on April 20th they had charged my credit card for the stay. I contacted both the assistant manager and the manager and they basically told me too bad. I could use the e-certificate another time, I told them the certificate expired on April 20th and asked them to apply it to the room and remove the charges from my credit card. They advised it is not their policy and refused to honor the e-certificate and instead insisting on charging my card. They claimed it was because they had to turn other guests away, I advised if I would have shown up they would have done the same thing, as I would have occupied the room. I feel this is just a way of taking advantage of the unsuspecting public and what was supposed to have been a reward for my customer loyalty has turned into a nightmare where they are basically stealing my money. If this is indicative of the service level they provide, I would strongly recommend, all travelers to seek accommodations where their business is truly appreciated and they will not be taken advantage of. I'm sadly disappointed with the management staff as I have always considered Marriott chains to be of high integrity.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank dnat
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Mr. Dnat,
I'm sorry to know that you feel you were given horrible service, regarding your recent reservation. As I explained when we spoke, we do value all of our guests, and especially our Marriott Elite Members. Marriott asks all guests (including elite members) for a valid credit card, to hold the room reservation for you. It is also explained that if you cannot make your reservation date, you have a time fram in which you may call to cancel your reservation, at no charge to you. Failure to cancel within the time frame will result in a charge to your credit card, equal to one night room & tax. As an elite member, we extended this cancellation window, to ensure you had a room upon arrival. When you did not cancel, and you did not arrive, our standard practice is that we charge the credit card the guest agreed to use as a guarantee. As a hotel manager, I am faced with the task of trying to juggle the needs and requests of all my guests, with my obligations to the hotel I run. Mr. Dat, I hope that you will continue to use the Marriott brand as you travel. At our Springhill Suites Ardmore, we value and appreciate all our guests. That being said, I do want you to know that I have made a deposit of 15,000 rewards points into your Marriott Rewards Elite account. This is more than enough points for a complimentary night at most of Marriott's select service family of hotels. I hope that these additional points will be agreeable with you, since points do not expire. As always, I thank you for your comments, and I appreciate your Marriott loyalty.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

The hotel is full of runners staying in town to run to raise money for Mercy Hospital and Kids with cancer. The hotel leadership denied late check out saying the were booked on Sunday night but the website reservations indicates they are still taking reservations. Secondly, the race day breakfast was not adjusted to accommodate early start times. It would have only required a one hour change. I am an silver elite marriott card member and I have never seen a marriott hotel offer such poor leadership for a visiting group. I would not recommend this hotel. There are lots of other new hotels that should be considered if you are stopping in Ardmore. Regrets....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Texasrunner55
Richard L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Texasrunner55,
First of all, I'd like to apologize that your request for a late check-out was not granted. Considering we were not sold out on Sunday evening, I do not understand why my desk agent would not have granted your request, espcially coming from a Marriott Elite member. This will most certainly be used as a training topic for my team. With regards to the breakfast accomodations for our marathon participants, this basically comes down to past history. In previous years, an early, hot breakfast was under utilized by the Marathon runners, and so last year we decided to offer a "grab-n-go" breakfast bag. This too was severely under utilized by marathon participants. This year, we decided not to adjust our normal breakfast habits, based on past group history. Next year, we will discuss it, and perhaps find a suitable solution for our marathon participants.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Our family of 5 stayed here while visiting Turner Falls for the weekend. The looks of the hotel were great: the front lobby and rooms have a nice modern and fresh look. The room had high ceilings, upgraded lighting, and one of the more separated sitting areas we've seen in suites (good for parents staying up to watch TV/read while kids sleep.

The breakfast was good - maybe even a little better than average. The breakfast attendant was probably the friendliest and helpful that we've encountered.

They OK part of our stay had to deal with the amount of sound filtering into our room. We actually started out pretty impressed because despite hearing a loud TV and conversation out of the room next door while in the hall, it was barely noticeable from inside our room. The killer was the sounds of people walking in the room above us. I swear they were up all night walking back and forth and messing with something. Also, the later it was at night, the more we could hear the talking/TV from next door.

We'd try it again, but would request a 3rd floor room to see if that makes a difference.

Oh, and we will echo another reviewer's comment about the refrigerator pulling out of the cabinet when you opened it.

Room Tip: If hearing people walking above annoys you, we'd suggest the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jordan H, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear CaptDefeated,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. We always welcome guest feedback to help us improve our service.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our property's decor and suite layouts. I couldn't agree more that the seperated sitting area can be beneficial for families on vacation. We also take great pride in both our breakfast and our breakfast attendants. I know our weekend breakfast attendant truly delights in being of service to all of our travellers, especially our family guests.

I was sorry to hear that you had an issue regarding overnight noise. I can understand how things like people shuffling overhead can lead to a less than restful night. Please let me know the next time you intend to visit our property, I will be happy to make sure you are on the top floor.

I do hope that we will be your hotel of choice during your next stay in the Ardmore, Oklahoma area. If you have any questions or would like to book your next stay, I would be happy to be of assistance!

Jordan Hunter
Assistant General Manager
Springhill Suites-Ardmore, OK
580-226-7100 x 4904
jordan.hunter@marriott.com
Azle, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

After visiting Red River Valley relatives, we stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Ardmore, Oklahoma last night. It was nice and new and slick. One of the cleanest hotels I've ever seen. Comfortable. A good place to lay your weary head, except for the constant traffic noise from I-35 between Oklahoma City and Dallas. A little soundproofing would be a nice touch, but at least it was next door to IHOP. However...be aware that the website photo is HEAVILY Photo-Shopped or otherwise manipulated and in reality is not nearly as big as they make you believe. It was adequate for our needs, but don't expect a big room like in the picture.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jordan H, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ardmore, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Goldie B.,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your positive remarks about the SpringHill Suites in Ardmore, OK. We work very hard to make sure every guest has a clean, comfortable and relaxing stay with us.

I am sorry to see that you were disappointed by the size of your suite. It is always our goal to ensure satisfaction for all of our guests. Please accept our sincerest apologies that we did not live up to your--or our own--expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that you may have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued guest; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. It is feedback from our valued guests like you that allow us to help improve our service. Thank you for sharing your comments, and I hope we may serve you again soon. If I may be of further assistance, please do not hesistate to contact me.

Jordan Hunter