“Good food, friendly staff ”
Review of TWO FROGS GRILL

TWO FROGS GRILL
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Ardmore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Two Frogs is the place for parties, quiet evenings, occasional live music, and some of the best all around food in Ardmore! Right off I-35, exit 31A, Two Frogs Grill has some of the best food you can find in Oklahoma. Sauces and seasonings are inhouse secrets, fresh meats are brought in daily and don't be surprised in you see some big names in the music industry pop in and out from time to time. If you are just looking for a quiet afternoon lunch or a fun packed evening, we have you covered. Our knowledgeable staff will make sure you are as comfortable as possible. If you want ocassional music, food or a good sized mix of the two come in and join the fun!
“Good food, friendly staff ”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by on my way home Dallas. Very impressed by the upscale feel inside. Food was good and reasonably priced. Decor was cool with a lot of music memorabilia. We were seating fast and food arrived quickly. I will be going here again.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Atmosphere and Decent Food”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

This place is worth a stop. Why? Well, the pluses include the atmosphere, as it is filled with autographed country and rock guitars (think Willie, Toby Keith, Johnny Winter, Cheap Trick, and many more), music memorabilia, and great tunes on the sound system. We were there during the day, so no live music, but it looks like it would be a fun venue during a show.
The staff is friendly and efficient. The food, a mixture of standard bar fare and Cajun cooking, is decent, but not great. A good chicken fried steak and passable salads. Not a wide variety of sandwiches, but enough. In addition, there are specials and a daily lunch menu. The place is a bit dark, but the fun factor makes up for that. In any event, it sure beats the chain food that makes up most of its competition.

Visited May 2014
Moore, Oklahoma
“Been there, done that, moving on”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Positives: decent food
Negatives: overpriced, depressing decor

We'd seen billboards advertising this restaurant for years, and even heard about the place from friends that had visited, so decided to check it out while returning from a short holiday trip to Texas.

Our first thought upon entering the dining room was "wow, this is dark!" After our eyes grew accustomed to the cave-like lighting, our second impression was "these prices are certainly higher than expected."

We aren't sure, but given the fact one end of the dining area is dedicated to a performance stage, prices probably include live entertainment...when available.

Although the menu is not too large, it offers enough variety to make decisions difficult. Their advertised specialty is "Southern food." Interpreting the types and amount of spices used, this term loosely translates to "Louisiana-style cooking."

I selected a skewer of grilled shrimp seasoned with lemon-pepper, and chose red beans, rice pilaf, and a house salad with ranch dressing on the side to accompany it. My wife selected one of her favorites: fried catfish. For sides she chose coleslaw, red beans, and fried okra.

Within a few minutes of ordering, our server delivered a skimpy bowl of salad to me, along with a heaping mound of coleslaw for my wife. The salad was fresh...what there was of it...and the dressing tasty. My wife kept the slaw to eat with her entree.

Tables turned when our main courses arrived. My shrimp skewer was standard size, and the individual pieces were plump and well-cooked. The rice and red beans were particularly well-prepared. However, my wife's catfish was extremely thin and overcooked. Her hush puppies were also too done. She enjoyed her beans, and said the okra wasn't bad.

Neither meal was worth the published price. We've enjoyed similar dishes for as much as twenty percent less at name-brand sit-down restaurants in Oklahoma City and Dallas.

The Bottom Line -

Two Frogs has been in business a long time and I hope they continue many years. Our curiosity has been satisfied, though. We'll move along to other eateries along the I-35 corridor, or return to places in the region we prefer.

• Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
“Not bad”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is very popular with the locals but I don't see what the fuss is about. The appetizers and entrees I've had are decent, but nothing to write home about. The many is American and Cajun. However, I will say that their pecan pie is spot on.

Lots of parking available and the interior is decorated with all sorts of musical trinkets and posters signed by the musicians on them. It's a nice place to go experience but the food is just mediocre.

Savannah, Georgia
“Frogalicious!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was traveling from OK to TX and was looking for a sit down type of restaurant. Those of you familiar with this route know that Fast Food is plentiful but not too many eat in dining areas close to the highway. What a find!! The decor is full of autographed guitars on the walls and although I hesitated to order the jumbo fried frog legs (usually don't eat frog legs anywhere but France) I was glad I did. The meal arrived hot and the batter was light - so delish! Try some on the next time you get a chance to stop and eat at Two Frogs Grill in Ardmore, OK.

• Visited April 2014

Been to TWO FROGS GRILL? Share your experiences!