“Friendly service and amazing food”
Review of Jimmy's Egg

Jimmy's Egg
Ranked #16 of 96 Restaurants in Ardmore
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I enjoyed the service the food quality and for it being a sit down rest. it was fast I cant really think of anything that made me meal bad or where i wouldnt go back there... i would eat there daily if i could.

1  Thank Stephanie P
There are newer reviews for Jimmy's Egg

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I avoid IHOP at all costs, which is really what drive is to try this place. We're up from Texas traveling to OKC for a rugby match and stopped in for a quick we're-on-the-road-but-still-need-to-eat breakfast.
45 minutes in to our seated wait we were still waiting on our first coffee refill and any sign of food (one order of pancakes and one omelette). We also began to notice no one was getting any food - there was nothing coming out if the kitchen. We politely asked our waitress if there was an issue, as we were needing to get back on the road - she advised the omelette was the wait. (seriously? the omelette?) I requested to just have the other food brought out. 5 minutes later the pancakes showed up; another 15 minute wait for the omelette. Almost an hour and a half for an omelette? There was not even an apology or offer to comp/discount our order (guessing this would mean everyone elsewhere there would be asking for the same cause they were all still waiting, too). Got the omelette to go as everyone else was already done by the time it came out.
Will DEF be avoiding this place for any future trips.

1  Thank TallTexan1975
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my breakfast. Food came out quickly. Eggs cooked just right. Wait staff friendly. Reasonable prices. Will come back again.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

If you find yourself passing through Southern Oklahoma on I-35, stop by Jimmy's Egg @ Exit 33 in Ardmore OK, just East of the I-35 overpass. Open daily 6am - 2 pm.

Jimmy's Egg is a local diner but by no means is it a 'franchise type' location. This is a local place in a college town; filled with locals. That has got to tell you something. Seating is available in booths, tables or at the counter. The rest rooms are clean.

I was quite pleased with my order of 'Jimmy's Garbage Breakfast' which includes hash browns with grilled onions, bell peppers, sausage crumbles with 2 eggs cooked to order. You also get a side of either biscuits and gravy, white or wheat toast, or 3 dollar-sized buttermilk pancakes, or homemade white or cinnamon raisin toast. My only suggestion is that they should serve it with some sort of (melted) cheese over the top.

For those that want egg whites; they are available on a request basis for a slight up-charge. They apparently make their own bread, which is baked into a round loaf and sliced right there. Sitting at the counter I had a birds-eye view as they were slicing a couple of rolls....sure would have been nice to sample some....but I had already ordered the dollar pancakes.

I was not so impressed with the coffee. It was just so so, and really could use an upgrade. I will say they have plenty of creamers available on the tables, so you don't have to worry about running out of cream for your coffee.

So if you ever find yourself passing through Southern Oklahoma and it is near breakfast time, make sure to give Jimmy's Egg a shot. I am certain you will be pleased with the fare at this local diner.

1  Thank LonestarGumby
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Jimmy's makes you fill very welcome, it is almost like you are family. You can tell they want you to have a great breakfast and make sure you get full. If you like coffee or tea your cup will stay full. I hate having to ask for more, they make sure you don't have to ask. We eat at the Jimmy's in Shawnee Oklahoma a few times a month and it is always good so it can't be a fluk or you would have a bad one once in awhile. We never have, and we really enjoy the hospitality,!!

Been to Jimmy's Egg? Share your experiences!