“Great breakfast”

Jimmy's Egg
Ranked #12 of 99 Restaurants in Ardmore
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my breakfast. Food came out quickly. Eggs cooked just right. Wait staff friendly. Reasonable prices. Will come back again.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

If you find yourself passing through Southern Oklahoma on I-35, stop by Jimmy's Egg @ Exit 33 in Ardmore OK, just East of the I-35 overpass. Open daily 6am - 2 pm.

Jimmy's Egg is a local diner but by no means is it a 'franchise type' location. This is a local place in a college town; filled with locals. That has got to tell you something. Seating is available in booths, tables or at the counter. The rest rooms are clean.

I was quite pleased with my order of 'Jimmy's Garbage Breakfast' which includes hash browns with grilled onions, bell peppers, sausage crumbles with 2 eggs cooked to order. You also get a side of either biscuits and gravy, white or wheat toast, or 3 dollar-sized buttermilk pancakes, or homemade white or cinnamon raisin toast. My only suggestion is that they should serve it with some sort of (melted) cheese over the top.

For those that want egg whites; they are available on a request basis for a slight up-charge. They apparently make their own bread, which is baked into a round loaf and sliced right there. Sitting at the counter I had a birds-eye view as they were slicing a couple of rolls....sure would have been nice to sample some....but I had already ordered the dollar pancakes.

I was not so impressed with the coffee. It was just so so, and really could use an upgrade. I will say they have plenty of creamers available on the tables, so you don't have to worry about running out of cream for your coffee.

So if you ever find yourself passing through Southern Oklahoma and it is near breakfast time, make sure to give Jimmy's Egg a shot. I am certain you will be pleased with the fare at this local diner.

1  Thank LonestarGumby
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Jimmy's makes you fill very welcome, it is almost like you are family. You can tell they want you to have a great breakfast and make sure you get full. If you like coffee or tea your cup will stay full. I hate having to ask for more, they make sure you don't have to ask. We eat at the Jimmy's in Shawnee Oklahoma a few times a month and it is always good so it can't be a fluk or you would have a bad one once in awhile. We never have, and we really enjoy the hospitality,!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stopped here for breakfast on our way back home from Texas

PROS:
-Very Friendly Staff
-Good Food
-Very Affordable
-The "Almost Healthy" scramble is good
-Lots of choices

CONS:
-Kids didn't like the "Garbage Breakfast"

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I eat breakfast here about 3 to 4 times a month. They have a great variety to choose from for breakfast or lunch. I like the sweet potato pancakes and turkey sausage. They also have a great chicken fried steak.

Been to Jimmy's Egg? Share your experiences!