“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
A TripAdvisor Member
Harrison, Arkansas, USA
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The desk personnel were awesome and more than accommodating. I've never stayed at a hotel that had all the staff such pleasant personalities. Rooms were nice and clean and with satellite movies and a fairly good Wi-Fi speed. I'll stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
GMLQ, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ardmore Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you would reccomend us to a friend. It really gives my staff encouragenent to see such a wonderful review. Thank you for your comment.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel when staying in Ardmore, OK. Everything was perfect....the room was clean, neat & up-to-date; the breakfast was plentiful and tasty; parking lot was large and well-lit; location was perfect; staff was pleasant. In short, if I was recommending a hotel in Ardmore to a friend I would without hesitation recommend this LQ.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Ben Wheeler, Texas, USA
Reviewed April 23, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We usually stay at Springhill Suites in Ardmore but many of the hotels had no vacancies due to a little league baseball tournament. Online it showed that La Quinta had vacancies so I called them before making the reservation because I had questions about room types (since we had never stayed at a La Quinta Inn). I was promptly told that they didn't have any vacancies. I mentioned that it showed they had vacancies online and the person on the phone softly asked someone near her, "should I do it?" Apparently she was told that she could because she came back and mumbled something about computer systems messing up or some such thing. This raised red flags to me but I was traveling alone with three small children (since my husband is deployed) and we needed a place to stay so I made the reservation.

A few minutes later, I called to ask if they could set a baby bed aside for me. I was told that they would.

We didn't get to the hotel until late that evening. Upon check-in, I was given the sheet to sign with the room rate. The rate shown was $130/night. I told the gentleman that online it showed the military rate to be $88/night (though I had it incorrect and it was actually $77/night). He smugly informed me that they had no such rate and the best he could do was $114/night. Exasperated and tired, I agreed. He then put the baby bed on the counter and basically said, "here ya go". I, surprised, looked at him incredulously and explained that I had three small children with me and that I would have to come back to get it after we got to our room. He pointed me to the "best door" to enter to be near our room and that door ended up being on the other end of the hotel.

After getting to the room, I tried to call down to see if someone could bring the crib up as the baby was crying and the children were ready for bed. The phone nearest the bed didn't even have a dial tone (I didn't realize there was another phone in the room). I got my cell phone and called the front desk three times and no one answered. I, once again, got all three children into the elevator and headed back downstairs. The gentleman, once again, hoisted the baby bed onto the counter. I told him that I tried to call down to have someone bring it up and he told me how to fix the phone (unplugging the cord from the back of the phone and plugging it into the side). When I mentioned that I had called the number that I had called earlier in the day (implying that I did, indeed, have the correct number), he acted surprised and stated that his phone had never rang. He then indicated to the crib and glumly said, "Would you like me to bring this up for you now?". Beyond frustrated at this point, I told him I would do it myself (with a baby on my hip and a 5 and 7 year old in tow).

It didn't stop here. The next morning when we went down for breakfast, I, again, stopped at the counter to ask about the rate (thinking the gentleman was misinformed). A very nice young lady was at the desk and she wasn't sure so she turned to a woman beside her to ask. I was informed that they did not extend a military discount to soldiers unless they were there on official duty. I asked her to define "official duty" since I was going to Ft. Hood to take care of a few military-related things. She informed me that it has to be something like working there with a unit (though I can't remember her exact verbiage). I, nicely, explained that I had never heard of a hotel doing that and that I had a military ID but it was a no go.

I went to my room and packed our things. I called La Quinta's 1-800 number to verify their policy since it is clearly stated that all is needed is a military ID on their website. I was told to go back and ask for the general manager.

Upon leaving, I stopped by the front desk again to drop off the keys. There was the original nice young woman and another young woman standing there. I asked for the general manager. I was told that the manager was not there. I explained all that had happened and they were vey apologetic (the first young lady stating that she was new). I was given the manager's contact information and I gave them mine. I also let them know that I would be contacting their corporate offices.

When I left I called another 1-800 number and was told that I could lodge a complaint there. I explained everything and was given another number to call (for mediation). I was told to not let the matter drop because she thought I was in the right.

At this point, I don't even expect to receive the $40 difference in price back (though I wouldn't argue if they tried) but I do not want this to happen to another military family. It is so frustrating. It is one thing to offer a discount. It is another to not offer it. If I had not expected to receive the discount (due to the what it states on the website), I would have been ok with the rate (since I still think it is a fair rate) but if a company is going to offer a discount for military, then they should do as stated.

The rooms were comfortable. The breakfast was good (hot and cold options). That being said, we will never stay at this hotel again. Poor customer service should never be rewarded. I sincerely hope someone at La Quinta Inn's corporate office sees this and trains their employees accordingly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
GMLQ, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ardmore Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

I want to thank you for the time out you took to write a comment on tripadvisor. I want to personally apologize again for the service you recieved when you stayed at my property. It is an opportunity for us to learn and grow. I have compensated the room and I understand that is not the point but it is the very least I can do. I want you to know that we are commited to customer service. Once again I want to thank you for your comment.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have to be in Ardmore for work for the next few months. I looked into many housing options including local hotels. My search ended at the LaQuinta central hotel. I had stayed here a month ago and found it to be clean, new, and comfortable. Management offered me a discount since I will be here for such a long term. The new Holiday Inn was not willing to discount their rate at all.

I am accustomed to staying at Four Seasons type hotels. This LaQuinta has everything I need. It is very clean and new. The beds and pillows are comfortable. Every room has a large plasma tv with around 200 channels (including multiple HBOs). The staff I've dealt with have been friendly and accomodating. The rooms have digital thermostats and the temperature is good. Good water pick shower heads. I haven't heard my neighbor through the wall yet. The only negative so far is that the AC unit is a little loud, and a couple of times, my coffee pot flipped the circuit breaker despite having a reset at the outlet.

I can't imagine Ardmore, OK having a nicer hotel. My room is a two room suite. There is no restaurant or room service. I think they put breakfast out, but I'm always out the door in a hurry. I've seen an indoor pool and hot tub. No separate tub and shower, like you get at a four seasons.

For the value, this is the place to be if you are visiting Ardmore, or passing through.

• Stayed: April 2013
GMLQ, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ardmore Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your comments on tripadvisor. We are delighted that we can accommodate your stay. If there is anything that we can do while you are with us please let me know.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here on a night drive home to Kansas. It was very clean and accommodating. We stayed at several La Quinta's on our trip, but this one was definitely at the top of our list! It was all very recently updated and the breakfast was good. I did hear some people having trouble with the waffle batter at breakfast and the staff member working on it gave up, which doesn't say the best things about her personally.. but our experience was good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I want to thank you for the comment you placed on tripadvisor. I am glad that you you enjoyed your stay. It means a lot when someone takes the time to share their experience at our hotel. We look forward to you staying with us again. Once again thank you.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the La Quinta Central for one night during a weekend trip for a competition at the Hardy Murphy Coliseum. The check in was quick and easy, the room on the 4th floor was clean, large, and the only complaint was that we were next ot the ice machine so we could hear that in the late evening (up until about 11:00 p.m.)

The breakfast had everything you could want for a quick self serve breakfast.

Check out was smooth.

The key point is that after checkout we realized that several friends who also stayed at this location had a cheaper rate than we did. We immediately called the hotel and were told to call back and ask for the manager on Monday. The manager was able to lower our rate to match what the others received, and credited our card in a timely manner.

Because of the great customer service and clean hotel, I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawnia C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Ardmore Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

I want to thank you for sharing a review on tripadvisor. I do apologize about the ice machine. I am however pleased we could accomodate the rate request. It means a lot when guests take the time to share their experience with our hotel. The staff and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.