“Excellent Restaurant!”

Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Ardmore
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I travel to Ardmore and stay here last February! I saw this Cafe Alley Restaurant and ate here. I ordered chicken fried steak. One of the best meal i ever had eaten. Food was excellent! The waiter was is very professional and friendly! the restaurant has a good atmosphere and nice location!

1  Thank Joe T
There are newer reviews for Cafe Alley

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I took my parents on Friday, we arrived about 15 minutes after they opened for dinner so we got there early. We were seated immediately with no wait. Both my parents are in a wheelchair and we had several people assist us and got a table that was easy for them to maneuver around.
The food was delicious and the ice cream sandwich is heavenly ! Our waitress was Courtney and she was fantastic, very attentive and friendly. The manager came by on more than one occasion to see if we needed anything. It was a very good experience, especially for a small town( we are from the Dallas area). Will definitely eat there again if we travel through Ardmore.

2  Thank nanapat53
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Enjoyed a lunch with family from South Lake Tahoe, CA and a dinner with local friends this week. Except for the wait - I wish they took reservations- everything was excellent. They menu is varied so there is something for everyone. And the service is always offered with a smile.

1  Thank travelbrat
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We like the food here and have eaten here many times. Their steaks are good, and the house salad is also good. I have never had anything that wasn't prepared well. I have been to lunches with large groups and the food is good, and dinner fare is also tasty.

However, the service can be great or horrible. We have had really good service about half the time, the other half, not so much. If we are there with a group, the service can be painfully slow and they never get drinks out until the meal is almost over unless you are happy with the water that is on the table when you arrive. Also, be ready to wait for a while for your check to be processed.

Another time we were seated in the bar at 8 pm to wait for our table. They forgot about us until after 9 pm (which is when they close). We ended up having an appetizer and the waitress was in such a hurry to get us out of there that she forgot to serve our dessert which we had ordered. While she talked to us as she waited for us to pay, she piled dirty plates from other tables on our table and told us that, "Well, no one died, did they?", when she realized she had forgotten part of our order. A few times we have gone in at 8:30 pm (again they close at 9 pm) and this same waitperson was cleaning around us and rushing us through our meal even though we asked when we arrived if we would be rushed since we could have gone somewhere else.

The owner is very attentive and she does a great job taking care of her clientele. However, the one waitperson really should work somewhere where she isn't in customer service.

1  Thank Brewster04
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was in Ardmore 4 days on business. This was by far the best place we ate at in Ardmore. Lots of good menu options, and everyone in my party of 5 loved what they ordered. Service was fast and friendly. The neighborhood was less than appealing, but once inside everything was great!!!

1  Thank JJD_from_OKC

Been to Cafe Alley? Share your experiences!