“disgusted”

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
charleston ar
“disgusted”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at this motel for about 3 weeks. they would only clean my room once a week, they said it was the rate I was paying. for the price I was paying it should have been cleaned every other day. the last week there I stayed 9 days and yet they only cleaned once. they did bring clean towles but failed to make beds or clean bath tub or anything eles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Clifford Darlen... W
KAYLA G, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Ardmore, responded to this review, February 4, 2015
I would like to thank you and your company for staying with us. I am sorry you were unhappy with the maid service, but it was a deal made with your foreman to lower your rate. We do offer full maid service on a daily basis at a higher rate if you would like to stay with us again. If you would like to speak with me with any other concerns, please feel free to call me at 580-223-1234 x302.

Kayla Jones-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Nothing bad but what I expected

Accepts pets which is good

Breakfast within walking distance across the marking lot Jimmys Egg had good prices

Included sample soaps and shampoo bathroom had venting fan

Not a lot of noise was good

35 min from Davis and National Park attractions

AC was cold

Mini fridge and microwave, codfee maker

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank elclemen
Winnipeg MB
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Have stayed in this motel 3 or 4 times over the past few years. Last time was Dec 2012. The office and breakfast area have just been remodelled with the eating area on its own now. The rooms are dated but clean. There is good selection of basic breakfast items. There are always a number of construction crews and truckers staying there when we've come through. Noise has never been an issue. Front desk staff have been polite and helpful. We plan on staying there on our way home at the end of Feb. By personal preference I probably wouldn't do a long term stay at this motel but for an overnight stop or a weekend I'd stay here anytime. One year we made the mistake of going to the Super 8 just a little further down the road. We won't do that again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Winter_TexanMB
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Being a trucker,I have stayed here quite a few times in the past 6 years. Though it may be an older motel the owners are constantly remodeling and making the place a better place to stay. My room is always clean and comfortable-beds soft,clean sheets and have never had any complaints when I've been here.Price is very reasonable and the free breakfast is always being upgraded. Parking is avaliable for 18 wheelers but because they stay busy with contractors it is sometimes best to call ahead.I'm looking forward to my next stay

Room Tip: All rooms I've stayed at were good. Have yet to find one unsatisfactory
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mike p
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've stayed here 4 times each time everything worked room was clean and everything worked..Still could use some updating so check the room out first...Breakfast is ok for the price of room $48.00 on 9-22-2012 Many contractors stay here so better call ahead if your going to stay here..Room for 18 wheelers..Right off I-35 at exit 33..This is a family operation grand ma works the counter...trucker Flying J is across the interstate..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matthew S
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Traveling through Oklahoma. I check Hotels.com and found this hotel with cheap rates and a rating of "excellent". I think the hotel owners must be writing their own reviews because I can't imagine anyone rating it as excellent. The carpet was filthy, furniture was old and very worn. There was hair on the bathroom vanity and bathroom floor. The outlet in the bathroom wasn't GFI and you couldn't even plug anything into it, the cord just fell right out. Most of the appliance in the room were plugged into one extension cord. Won't stay again!!

Room Tip: Pay a little more and avoid this place!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pam W

Travelers are raving about these Ardmore hotels

Spirit Lake, Iowa
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I wish our stay had only lasted 5 minutes like the other couples had. I begged my husband to leave with me and stay in our semi truck after seeing the room. Dirty used washcloth in the shower, blood on the blanket, all three chairs (non of which were recliners) were far to filthy to sit on. Dead smashed bugs on walls and ceiling. The lock that flips over a knob on the door was crazy loose, close to coming out of the door frame. Must have been construction crews staying there, guys in the lot drinking with music blaring talking loud. Left our left overs in the frig by mistake, wonder who and when it will be found. Took dirty washcloth to front desk! I didn't want to shower there but I did and still felt dirty.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car!!!! Pay for a good breakfast some where else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business