“Cheap rate, cheap service . . . Packed up and drove home.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Ardmore
Stonewall, Oklahoma
“Cheap rate, cheap service . . . Packed up and drove home.”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We were in Ardmore for my parents' 60th anniversary party on a Sunday afternoon and decided to have one last "hoo rah" of the summer with our two boys (ages 19 mos and 4). The main requirement when booking a hotel in Ardmore was that it had a pool when I made my selection since that was all my 4 year old had been talking about. We'll this one has a pool, but it stayed full of at least 20 teens who, when we arrived at 8:00 pm, had apparently been in the pool all afternoon, and being very rambuctious, loud and disrespectful. Another family similar to ours was huddled in the hot tub (it was 104 degrees outside) and very aggitated that their 13 year old son could not get in the pool either. It simply wasn't safe with so many out of control teens and one adult male who was supposed to be their adult chaperone, but seemed to be only amused by them. My family and the other family left and complained to the front desk who asked the group to vacate the pool area by 9:00 pm in order for others to be able to use until it closed at 10:00 pm. A nice gesture, but if you think I'm going to put myself and my children in a pool of water where 20 hacked of teenagers have just been, you are crazy. A few tears and several promises later, we were packed up and heading home an hour away. Despite the whole ordeal, I was refunded half my nightly rate with no apology from the front desk attendent who had piercings and black/white striped hair. If you have little ones and are wanting to enjoy a quiet evening in the pool with your husband and kids, pay the extra dollars, and stay someplace the large groups can't afford.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jtb-2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I have stayed at the comfort inn and suites in Ardmore Oklahoma twice now , the staff is very polite and helpful. Service is great and the breakfast is excellent. I would recommend this hotel to people driving through or employers wishing to book a clean place for employees to stay. Next time your in Ardmore give it a try, you won't be disappointed

• Stayed August 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed July 5, 2010

On July 4th, my husband and I decided to take a road trip and see the WinStar Casino in far south central Oklahoma. We packed a few things intending to spend the night at the casino hotel. We signed up for the WinStar Club Passport Membership in order to get discounts on food and lodging. After a couple of loud, smoky, and crowded hours in the casino, we were anxious to find a quiet (and smoke-free) place to rest, change out of our stinking clothes, and have dinner. The cloud of smoke followed us to the hotel front desk where we were told we'd have to wait to see someone in "casino services" in order to get our discount on a room. The rooms are $199/night. (you can save $20 by reserving online) and we were only going to get a 20% discount at the most. After waiting in line a while and looking around, we decided it wasn't worth it as we really were not going to get away from the casino atmosphere. Not being die-hard gamblers who are willing to pay that much for a very ordinary hotel room in order to "be close to the action", we decided to drive the extra 20 minutes and stay in Ardmore. We got a very nice king suite at the Comfort Inn for only $65/night - even less with our AAA discount. The entire facility is smoke free. I normally have trouble sleeping away from home due to hard matresses but our king room had a pillow top mattress and very nice linens. Despite being next door to the maintenance room, everything was very quiet and we were never disturbed by maids or their carts banging down the hall. Our room had a walk-in shower, which I prefer as I have mobility issues that makes getting in and out of a bathtub rather risky. The towels were super soft and everything was very comfortable. There were little extras in the room, such as a serving tray/bed table, several choices of coffee and/or tea, microwave, and refrigerator. The continental breakfast included both hot and cold choices and contained a wide variety - omelets, pastries, waffles, fresh diced fruit, yogurt - just to name a few. The motel staff was pleasant and offered advice and information on good places to go or to dine in the Ardmore area. Since the motel is right by I-35, it's very easy to get on/off the highway and take the short drive back to the casino if one chooses to do so. Just think how much more you will have to spend in the casino if you're not paying 200 bucks for a room!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank gotmyque
rider54
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I had stayed here a couple of years ago and enjoyed my stay. This time everything seemed okay except the room was not cleaned to my satisfaction and something was taken from my room. I found out that Hampton no longer owns this hotel and was rumored to be closing. I had heard there was a walkout of all employees about a month ago due to bounced checks. I immediately checked out but could not get a receipt due to the computers being down. I contacted Hampton and they informed me of the issues with the hotel that they no longer owned. The rep from Hampton was very understanding and is in the process of trying to obtain a receipt for me. I would not recommend staying here until their problems are resolved.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Not a Hampton Hotel
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank rider54
Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2008

This is the cleanest, most comfortable place to stay if you get caught in Ardmore. The beds are really, really comfy. The linens, sheets and comforter were awesome. The location of the hotel is a great, quiet place, but very close to I-35. Everything was clean. The staff were great. Nice little breakfast in the morning.

• Liked — clean, comfy beds
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We were just passing through and found ourselves in Ardmore, OK when we decided to stop for the night. The Hampton Inn is slightly off the road and was very quiet. The fellow at the desk was polite and quickly got us checked into a room. It was clean and looked like the interior had recently been updated. Beds were comfy and had nice linens. Bathroom very clean. Breakfast was your typical selection for hotels of this level. We would recommend this to anyone looking for a one-night stay while passing through Texas.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
south texas
Reviewed November 12, 2007

Stayed one night here with my 2 teens on way to Tulsa. It was a wonderful place. We checked in and when we got there at midnight after an 8 hour drive, we had been upgraded to a suite.Don't know why, but oh well. It was huge. Had 2 queen beds, in one room, sofa bed in the other room. Also table,chairs , fridge, sink microwave and 2 different coffee makers. Did not need all that as we were just stopping for night, but it was very nice.
Now to the beds. They were some of the most comfortable beds ever. I needed it because of all the driving I had done and I did sleep well.
Hotel was very clean, as well as the hotel outside.
Overall it was a great stay and would recommend.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family