“what a joke”

Americas Best Value Inn - Alva
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Alva
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Its so hard to find a room in alva because of the oil field. My work partner and I stayed there for a week in the beginning of december. The room sometimes took till 6pm to be done cleaned. The carpet was never vacuumed the whole time we were there. The orange juice dispencer had build up on it and was not cleaned the whole time we were there. Made us not even want to eat there in the morning. The pool had algae in it and when I sat in the hot tub I was able to scrape algae and see the white paint underneath. And to top it off the manager has a bad attitude . So for $145 a night its a big hell no!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fromdavid

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My company needed a couple of rooms while working on a project in the area. We called several days in advance and tried to make reservations. In the middle of making the reservation, the clerk apparently didn't want to wait for the details and said, "just send a fax with the dates you need and the credit card number to hold the room."

Our crew arrived and before they could get into a parking spot, the manager chased them down and hassled them about parking in the lot and not staying at the motel. The crew attempted to check in, but the manager rudely told them they had no reservation.

Our field personnel put me on the phone with the manager and it became clear that they never received my faxed reservation. It's not so much that they didn't receive my reservation-I should have done a better job following up-but the way the manager treated me and my crew. He didn't apologize for the mix up or extend any sympathy for our situation, was generally rude and accusational, and really pressed the point that it was my fault.

Needless to say, we didn't stay at this motel, so I can't speak to the quality of the rooms. However, because of our experience with the management, no one from our company will be back here.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank T K
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The rooms here are nice, and seemed to be pretty clean from what I could tell. The bathroom was extremely clean.

There was a flat screen tv in the room, and the beds were very comfortable.

The staff of this hotel made me a little angry. Check-in was not as easy as it should be, and they were VERY pushy to get us out of our rooms right on time (as is often the case with small town, foreign-run hotels). I am very dis-satisfied with the service. The maid staff also looked pretty unfriendly, and honestly, a little scarry.

I do not recommend staying here.

The term "Hospitality Industry" has the word HOSPITALITY in it for a reason. They are supposed to be HOSPITABLE. These people were NOT.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank singingsamaritan
Reviewed July 9, 2012

For Alva, this is probably the best hotel. Not somewhere you would stay if in OKC or Dallas, but for Alva it is nice. The main thing to me regarding hotels is cleanliness, and this one has usually been clean. I have stayed there several times, and it has always been acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
ABVIAlva, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Alva, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your stay with us. We look forward to sharing this exciting news with the staff. We sincerely appreciate your business and invite you to come see us again very soon!
Management

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I booked 4 rooms for daughters graduation in May. Would not let us check in before 3pm...we only wanted to go in at 1pm (not too much early!) The rooms were filthy...Fingerprints on all surfaces, 2"vacuum line of dirt left by the baseboard. Value? $106 is NOT a value....And the pool closes at 9 pm NO Exceptions, even for little old lady adults who just want to soak in the hot tub. (We think for $106 a person should be able to use the pool...if one is available!) Graduation activities did not end until 9:30. The only reason we stayed there was for the pool, for something to do after the graduation.

2  Thank LomaLorrie101
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel several times, I highly recommend it!! I don't know why it's getting bad reviews?? The staff went above and beyond in dealing with myself and WHOLE baseball team!! The breakfast has always been adequate and the rooms have always been clean!!

Robert J

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We booked one night at this hotel to attend a baseball tournament for my 8 year old son. Upon arrival, we inspected our room only to find drug paraphanelia under the sink (weed pipe and zig zags). We immediately took the items to the front desk. The manager made the excuse that the housekeeper was new and apologized but offered no discount or free room for the problem. The room was INCREDIBLY dirty - we found dead brown recluse spiders and crickets right in front of the dresser. The continental breakfast was a joke. It was watered down orange juice, nasty coffee that tasted like they are recycling the filters and a couple choices of dry cereal with a pitcher of milk sitting out. The walls and tabletops were FILTHY in the lobby. The chlorine level in the indoor pool made our kids' eyes swell after being in the pool for just about 30 minutes. Our brand new brightly-colored swimsuits were faded and appeared 20 years old after swimming for that short amount of time. It was the worst hotel experience we've ever had. Stay across the street at The Holiday Hotel. It may look older and only has an outdoor pool, but the staff is a lot friendlier and the rooms are clean. Don't waste your money on this pit!

Room Tip: Doesn't matter where you room is, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! You would be better off in a tent or in...