“What a dump!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Alva
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Alva
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Never have I felt so moved to submit a review...We travel a lot for business, and we certainly can understand a small town hotel is not going to have the same amenities as a larger center, but this place takes the phrase "flea bag" to a new level. Filthy is the best word I can come up with. The towels were grey with oil, walls greasy, dirty floors, crappy beds, drawers falling off the dresser, The best I can say is that the TV worked, and the roof didn't leak. Stay if you must (like i had to - no other rooms in the entire town) but know that you were warned.

Room Tip: Stay in your vehicle or bring a tent.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ross B

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I am currently staying at this hotel. I was online looking for the phone number to reserve an extra night and I found all these bad reviews on here. Well I travel quite a bit and there is nothing wrong with this hotel. I did not find it dirty. I did not find the people to be unfriendly or unhelpful. Granted it is not a Mariot, but you are not paying Mariot prices either. If you are here and need a place to stay I would recomend this hotel to my own family. I got a huge room with a flat screen tv and a king size bed. It has a huge bathtub for the ladies and I to do not see what all the bad reviews are about. I hope you don't pass this place up to go 80mi out of your way cause of what some idiot says.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I think there is something going on with the awful reviews. We didn't stay here last week because of the reviews and even drove on to Bkackwell to avoid staying in Alva. This week we were short on time and I accidentally selected this motel which I was trying to avoid because of the reviews. We have traveled all over the world and this motel is fine. It is not a four star or even a three but it is acceptable. The staff are not overly friendly but were very helpful. We will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I've never stayed any where as bad as this. You would be better off to stay in your truck.

Room Tip: Reservations mean nothing to them. It's first come, first served, apparently.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Nena H
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Poorly maintained is an understatement. This place was very dirty, we cleaned before we felt some what confortable. We had the "Suite" HaHaHa!!! One of the doors was broke off of the cabinets and was neatly stored inside, the headboard was pulled loose from the wall. The floors were terrible. There is an oil boom of sorts going on in this area and most of the rooms are being occupied by oilfield roustabouts and some of those folks don't care about much. If it hadn't have been a trip to see an ill family member, I wouldn't have stayed, as there was nothing in the area available.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere!!! ( I had to use lower case letters as it wouldn't allow me to use all capital let...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank JimNM
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Bring your own vacuum cleaner as this place is filthy! I've been here over a week now and stairways have dirt & mud all over. Every day it gets worse. I've been in the room the last couple days because of the weather and i haven't heard a vacuum cleaner yet. I think they vacuum once a year, if that. Rooms aren't much better. Laundry room dryer exhaust has a big hole in the tube.

Room Tip: Unfortunately there are very limited choices of hotels here in Alva.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank rotornut
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Not only was this the most disgusting motel I have ever beenin and I have travled all over the US and Europe. I really needed a shower but the shower had a whirlpool bath and the jets were filthy. I coukldn't stand to look at it. To top thingsoff my debit card showed two ubartherized charges to the tune of80.00. The room was87.00 and at the Fort Collins our room was under 60.00 exceptionaly clean and comfy. If I could find a phone number for Americas Best corp offices or even Alva I would call.

Room Tip: No matter how tired you are look at everything in the room before you take your shoes off.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple