“Stay in Enid, it's only 80 miles away!!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Alva
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Alva
NM
“Stay in Enid, it's only 80 miles away!!!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Poorly maintained is an understatement. This place was very dirty, we cleaned before we felt some what confortable. We had the "Suite" HaHaHa!!! One of the doors was broke off of the cabinets and was neatly stored inside, the headboard was pulled loose from the wall. The floors were terrible. There is an oil boom of sorts going on in this area and most of the rooms are being occupied by oilfield roustabouts and some of those folks don't care about much. If it hadn't have been a trip to see an ill family member, I wouldn't have stayed, as there was nothing in the area available.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere!!! ( I had to use lower case letters as it wouldn't allow me to use all capital let...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank JimNM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Bring your own vacuum cleaner as this place is filthy! I've been here over a week now and stairways have dirt & mud all over. Every day it gets worse. I've been in the room the last couple days because of the weather and i haven't heard a vacuum cleaner yet. I think they vacuum once a year, if that. Rooms aren't much better. Laundry room dryer exhaust has a big hole in the tube.

Room Tip: Unfortunately there are very limited choices of hotels here in Alva.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank rotornut
onalaska wa
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Not only was this the most disgusting motel I have ever beenin and I have travled all over the US and Europe. I really needed a shower but the shower had a whirlpool bath and the jets were filthy. I coukldn't stand to look at it. To top thingsoff my debit card showed two ubartherized charges to the tune of80.00. The room was87.00 and at the Fort Collins our room was under 60.00 exceptionaly clean and comfy. If I could find a phone number for Americas Best corp offices or even Alva I would call.

Room Tip: No matter how tired you are look at everything in the room before you take your shoes off.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank s n
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Somewhat apprehensive about this establishment in light of prior reviews. Travel to Alva was to enroll son-in-law in NWOS. Rooms were clean, roomy and pleasant. Staff was wonderful and very helpfull. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bakoelaine
Management1700, Regional Director at Americas Best Value Inn - Alva, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Probably one of the worst hotels I stayed at. I was traveling with my wife and three children and after a 12 hour drive was looking to relax. Requested a non-smoking room, but after checking in the room it was horrific. It smelled like smoke, burn marks in the rug, handles on drawers were hanging off, tissue dispenser hanging off, drain plugs missing for both sink and tub, burn marks on the bath tub, stains on the walls (:-0), etc..... The only reason I stayed was two of my children had already fallen asleep. Never again...We make about 2 trips to Alva a year, but from now on I will be staying in Enid or the other surrounding towns.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Ava56
Management1700, Regional Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Alva, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property.
Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve upon guest satisfaction. we apologize for the negative experience you incurred during your stay. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Ponca City
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Our hotel room was clean, however, it is grossly overpriced and missmanaged. One person is trying to do laundry, run desk, answer phone, deliver towles, ice (as ice machine is broke) make change and serve soda (as soda machine is broke), deliver roll--away, spray smoking room with Fabreeze as another family with asmatic child accidently was booked there. The Pool is broke, the hot tub was messed up. They don't supply shampoo, conditioner or soap. Had to ask 3 times for towels, while a man who is supposed to clean rooms played solitare on a computer in the GUEST lobby. The owners and their large and loud family monopolized the FREEZING pool with the broken heater. They did not seem interested in helping the customers. The key cards must be recarded every 2 hours. Smells like smoke in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank HSmithPoncaCity
Dear Valued Guest,
I'm concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your visit. I am writing to thank you for taking time to bring this matter to my attention. We accommodate many guests each evening and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each guest at a reasonable price. I would like to let you know that the issues you experienced at our hotel during your stay have been addressed in our departmental meeting to avoid any future guest dissatisfaction.
Oklahoma
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I had booked a room 2 months in advance. Upon nearing my expected weekend stay, I needed to cancel the room and book it to the following weekend. I had done this within the time limit to warrant no cancellation fee. I called the motel directly, they gave me a new confirmation number, I was good to go. A few days before my arrival, I saw a cheaper rate online than the one I had booked. I called the motel to see if I could get the better rate. They said I needed to call the main BVI (Best Value Inn) number. I called that number and they did not have me down with reservations for the upcoming weekend, they had me down for the previous weekend which I had originally booked. I could not change my reservation to a better rate or cancel it because according to their records, I did not have a reserved room. They told me that I should have called their number initially to change my reservation instead of calling the motel directly. I did not know this nor did the motel tell me that when I called and had it changed. There was nothing they could do for me. I called the motel back and spoke with the manager. They "could not change the rate on my room or cancel" my room because that has to be done with the main company. You're kidding me, right? I can't even cancel my room??? You can't do it because the main company has to do it, the main company can't do it because, according to them, I don't have a reservation. The manager should have taken it upon himself to treat the customer right - call his company and explain that yes, I had changed my reservation legally, that I was never told to call the main company to do that, that I had a valid confirmation number, and that I would like the better rate I had found. That's how to treat a customer! I half-heartedly decided to stay there even though I had been wronged, then found out upon arrival that the pool was out of order. I have kids and this was the main reason for staying at this motel. We had planned on spending a few hours at the pool. Disgusted, I went through the whole "trying to cancel" my reservation again but to no avail. After the first night, we came back to our room early due to weather but our room had not been cleaned and we had to wait until 3:30 before it was ready. I had stayed here before and was quite pleased at the outcome. I was not pleased this time and they have definitely gone downhill.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank teamSOK
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share you experience at our hotel.
Critical feedback is great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for the negative experience you had with the reservation process. I would like to let you know that the issues you experienced have been addressed in our departmental meetings to avoid future guest satisfaction. Again, I thank you for taking time to share your concerns. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.