“Stay at Best Western”
Review of Days Inn Altus

Days Inn Altus
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Altus
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We always enjoy our stay at Best Western..always have good hot breakfast, rooms are always clean and service is very good. We would recommend them to all our friends...We always stay at one in Oklahoma and we usually try to stay at others when they are available.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Thank J.l. B
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear J.I.B,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Best Western family of hotels, and for making your very first TA review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you like what and how we do things here and really appreciate your business and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again on a future visit.

Ken Jacobs
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2013

At just under $100.00 a night you would expect more but it was just ok. Everything in Altus is price driven by it's remote location and 'Air Force Town' flow of government employees and vendors. All rooms in all properties are expensive. The BW's price included a decent breakfast with the usual cereal, fruit and waffels, along with hot items such as sausage, eggs, gravy, and biscuits that were fresh and hot. It had a nice indoor/outdoor pool for the kids. It is near to several cafes and fast food. I would stay here again because it's probably less expensive than most other chains in the area. It was a bit dated but clean, with some poor maintenance (ceiling gap directly over the shower...not cool), but had a great AC in 100 plus degree Altus. So, go ahead and stay...just don't expect too much.

Room Tip: Make sure you get exact directions to your room from the front desk staff (the fellow was very nice...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank orhodes
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear orhodes,

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your comments. We believe our pricing is in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our central location and extensive facilities. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet expectations, and for that I am truly sorry. I hope you will consider giving us a chance to regain your respect on a future visit.

Ken Jacobs
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have stayed here a few times before. The last time wasn't to bad,but this time was just a total nightmare. We walked into our room and it had a musty smell. The carpet felt a little damp and as we were getting ready for bed,my niece pulls back the sheets and out pops two what looked like bed bugs. I striped the bed down to the mattress,and I called the lobby. The dude says "Okay, I will report it in the morning." So my niece,daughter and myself all slept on one of the beds. The next morning as I was in the middle of my shower, and it felt like someone dumped buckets of ice cold water on me.
We went to go check out and I told the girl at the desk about the issues I had. And she says "Well, I can give you a free night stay and I will let my manager know about your stay." Totally like nonchalant. It felt like I haven't been the only one with this type of complaint.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sara A
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for posting your review regarding your experience with our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any discomfort or inconvenience the hotel conditions may have caused you.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We will take the necessary steps to continue to improve our operation.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust the next time you are here.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I've been staying off and on at the Best Western in Altus for years. Time has taken it's toll and the popcorn ceiling really dates it. The Pros- It's cheap and pet friendly. It is not a dump, and it is not super dirty. Having said that, the cons have started to weigh the scale to the point spending more to stay elsewhere is starting to make sense. On this last stay over Thanksgiving, the housekeepers woke us up 2 of the 3 mornings carrying on loud conversations outside our window and yelling to each other room to room. They did not bother to make up our room on the 2nd day even though we left the room by 1pm and left the notice requesting it be made up in the key slot. While the front desk did bother to ask how my stay was, they were not overly concerned with our experience when I told him the issues we had. "I'll check on that" was the response. If I pay full price I expect the full service. If I didn't get full service, I expect a reduction. That didn't happen. Another negative is the sinks are seperate from the bathroom and open to the rest of the room. Makes it hard to get ready with any privacy. Adding a wall and door there would go along way. There are worse hotels in Altus, but if Best Western doesn't put some effort into it, and money into the property, I'm afraid it won't be long before they go under.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jesse_50
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your many stays, and for taking the time to share comments about your recent visit. We value all guest input and use it to make improvements to our operation. I am very you were disappointed in the service you received during your stay, and have shared your review with our team to make sure this doesn't happen again. Please accept my sincere apologies and if you would like to discuss this further, contact me directly at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to regain your respect, and that you will let us know how we are doing at that time.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

i had stayed there a prior time and was very pleased, but not on this visit. i wanted to stay there because the pool was still open and i knew that my granddaughter could swim there with me. (we drove to altus to celebrate her 4th birthday) the pool was full of dead bugs and wasn't cleaned once while we were there, so no swimming. the floor behind the dressers and along side the wall in the bathroom were at least a dozen dead crickets. the floor had been vacuumed but nobody does along side the wall, they just pushed the bugs out of the way. when i stepped outside my room (barefoot) i stepped on 2 shards of broken glass. i called the front desk and spoke to the woman who checked me in and i told her what happened and asked her to send someone down to please clean it. i told her that my granddaughter was on her way and i didn't want her to cut herself, she said she would have maintenance come and clean it up. after almost an hour i called back and a man answered, he said she had gone home and she hadn't told him anything about it. the next day i realized that the t.v. didn't work so i called back again, the woman at the front desk told me that the maintenance man was working on another t.v. in another room but that she would have him come right over. after 2 hours, i called back and her response was, "really he hasn't made it there, i will tell him again." within 5 minutes he was there, i asked him if she had told him earlier and he said no. i told him that the t.v. wasn't plugged in but it is now and it still doesn't work. he told me that the outlet doesn't work and i should have tried the other one. the maintenance man stood in our room with the t.v. remote in his hand and watched t.v. there for about 20 minutes. (some old amc war movie) not changing the channel or anything, HE JUST STOOD THERE! then he pulled the back off of the remote and left, put the battery in and stood there another 5 minutes. this whole time, housekeeping never sweep the floors or wiped down the counters. we emptied our own trash and she put bags in. no toilet paper, we went and bought some. never made the bed so we did. i guess she didn't speak english because when we told her we needed fresh towels we didn't get those either. so when this survey asked me if i would recommend this hotel to anyone, my answer would be, "if you can't get any other hotel" would be my response. i travel to altus often and use hotels often, and this is the 1st time that i have ever had this happen at a best western. nobody was in a hurry to fix or clean anything. side note: i had stayed there in june as well, for my daughters birthday, and my son and i decorated the room really pretty for her. i thought we had taken down everything when we were there but on the top of the mirror was a piece of tissue paper and tape left from june. nobody dusted the top of mirrors or the headboard. we left the tape there just to see if someone would notice it. it is now september. the comforter had tears and burn marks in it. not the normal standard for best western

Room Tip: look at it 1st
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
3  Thank faith b
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for your return visit, and please accept my apolgoies for the many things that weren't right for you, and the poor service you received this time. I will use your experience in disussions and training to improve our opertation, and hope you will see and let us know about a vast improvement (or not) the next time you stay here.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was the worst weekend of my life. I never wonted to go back to Texas so badly.

I was in Altus, OK for a wedding. It was going to be a great weekend. We i arrived at the hotel i checked in. The rate was wrong. Should have been a wedding group rate of $40.00 not the $59.99 that i was charged. When i questioned the rate i was told to talk to the manager the next day. I agreed and went to my room. The room was like a sauna. The air conditioner was off in the room and it had been 114 degrees outside all day. I turned the air conditioner on and proceeded to the rehersal dinner. I was gone for about 4 hours when i got back to the room. It was still a sauna. I called down and asked if they had any more rooms. I was told that they were fully booked. I had to get up 2 times in the middle of the night and take a shower to cool down. I tought i was going to pass out from the heat.

When i went & spoke Paul Newnum (Assist. Manager) the next morning, he said he would fix the rate and have someone look at the air conditioner. At 3:00 pm, I called the front desk and asked what was wrong with the air conditioner. No one had even looked at it !!!! At 4:00 pm the front desk called back and said that i needed to move rooms. I said no. I was getting dress for the wedding with was at 5:00 pm. Send someone up here to fix it. The maintence man was very nice and said that the unit was not working correctly and that he was going to change it out if he couldn't fix it.

That was only one of the problems. The BED was horrible. I felt every spring in it and then i was ate up by BED BUGS. I have bites all over my body that was not there before i got to the room. You can tell where everyone sat on the bed because it was leanning to that side.

The shower handle falls off in your hand. The room very dated. The walls where cracked and the carpet by the air conditioner had been wet many times. You could see the water stains on the carpet and wall. There is only one ice machine out of 3 working and none of the coke machines work and per Mr. Newnum they know this. But are not in a hurry to fix any of the problems.

I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. DON'T waist your time. Pay the extra money and stay in a updated hotel. Not one that is falling down. Management is very lazy, Mr. Newnum wouldn't even stand up to talk to me. It was a joke talking to him. Oh and by the way, the rate that Mr. Newnum said he fix was never done.

Thank you Best Western for the worst weekend of my life !!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sandra W
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

I am very sorry for the bad stay you had with us recently, and have discussed your concerns privately. There was no evidence of bed bugs found in your room, which was immediately inspected by the professional pest control company we use. We value all guest feedback and have addressed and made the necessary repairs to your room. I will review the in room maintenance program we have to ensure that the proper procedures are being followed so these issues don't recurr. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in Altus.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great hot breakfast bar with everything a southerner could want for breakfast except pancakes and I'm not sure if they had them or not--too busy with my bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank guthriewoman
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your review and rating. They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I'm glad to hear you like ours, and hope the rest of your day was terrific, too. We look forward to the next opportunity we have to serve you and welcome you back to our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Altus
Hampton Inn & Suites Altus
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center

Been to Days Inn Altus? Share your experiences!