“won't be going back there again”
Review of Days Inn Altus

Days Inn Altus
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Altus
Springfield, Missouri
“won't be going back there again”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

i had stayed there a prior time and was very pleased, but not on this visit. i wanted to stay there because the pool was still open and i knew that my granddaughter could swim there with me. (we drove to altus to celebrate her 4th birthday) the pool was full of dead bugs and wasn't cleaned once while we were there, so no swimming. the floor behind the dressers and along side the wall in the bathroom were at least a dozen dead crickets. the floor had been vacuumed but nobody does along side the wall, they just pushed the bugs out of the way. when i stepped outside my room (barefoot) i stepped on 2 shards of broken glass. i called the front desk and spoke to the woman who checked me in and i told her what happened and asked her to send someone down to please clean it. i told her that my granddaughter was on her way and i didn't want her to cut herself, she said she would have maintenance come and clean it up. after almost an hour i called back and a man answered, he said she had gone home and she hadn't told him anything about it. the next day i realized that the t.v. didn't work so i called back again, the woman at the front desk told me that the maintenance man was working on another t.v. in another room but that she would have him come right over. after 2 hours, i called back and her response was, "really he hasn't made it there, i will tell him again." within 5 minutes he was there, i asked him if she had told him earlier and he said no. i told him that the t.v. wasn't plugged in but it is now and it still doesn't work. he told me that the outlet doesn't work and i should have tried the other one. the maintenance man stood in our room with the t.v. remote in his hand and watched t.v. there for about 20 minutes. (some old amc war movie) not changing the channel or anything, HE JUST STOOD THERE! then he pulled the back off of the remote and left, put the battery in and stood there another 5 minutes. this whole time, housekeeping never sweep the floors or wiped down the counters. we emptied our own trash and she put bags in. no toilet paper, we went and bought some. never made the bed so we did. i guess she didn't speak english because when we told her we needed fresh towels we didn't get those either. so when this survey asked me if i would recommend this hotel to anyone, my answer would be, "if you can't get any other hotel" would be my response. i travel to altus often and use hotels often, and this is the 1st time that i have ever had this happen at a best western. nobody was in a hurry to fix or clean anything. side note: i had stayed there in june as well, for my daughters birthday, and my son and i decorated the room really pretty for her. i thought we had taken down everything when we were there but on the top of the mirror was a piece of tissue paper and tape left from june. nobody dusted the top of mirrors or the headboard. we left the tape there just to see if someone would notice it. it is now september. the comforter had tears and burn marks in it. not the normal standard for best western

Room Tip: look at it 1st
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

3 Thank faith b
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your return visit, and please accept my apolgoies for the many things that weren't right for you, and the poor service you received this time. I will use your experience in disussions and training to improve our opertation, and hope you will see and let us know about a vast improvement (or not) the next time you stay here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Normangee, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was the worst weekend of my life. I never wonted to go back to Texas so badly.

I was in Altus, OK for a wedding. It was going to be a great weekend. We i arrived at the hotel i checked in. The rate was wrong. Should have been a wedding group rate of $40.00 not the $59.99 that i was charged. When i questioned the rate i was told to talk to the manager the next day. I agreed and went to my room. The room was like a sauna. The air conditioner was off in the room and it had been 114 degrees outside all day. I turned the air conditioner on and proceeded to the rehersal dinner. I was gone for about 4 hours when i got back to the room. It was still a sauna. I called down and asked if they had any more rooms. I was told that they were fully booked. I had to get up 2 times in the middle of the night and take a shower to cool down. I tought i was going to pass out from the heat.

When i went & spoke Paul Newnum (Assist. Manager) the next morning, he said he would fix the rate and have someone look at the air conditioner. At 3:00 pm, I called the front desk and asked what was wrong with the air conditioner. No one had even looked at it !!!! At 4:00 pm the front desk called back and said that i needed to move rooms. I said no. I was getting dress for the wedding with was at 5:00 pm. Send someone up here to fix it. The maintence man was very nice and said that the unit was not working correctly and that he was going to change it out if he couldn't fix it.

That was only one of the problems. The BED was horrible. I felt every spring in it and then i was ate up by BED BUGS. I have bites all over my body that was not there before i got to the room. You can tell where everyone sat on the bed because it was leanning to that side.

The shower handle falls off in your hand. The room very dated. The walls where cracked and the carpet by the air conditioner had been wet many times. You could see the water stains on the carpet and wall. There is only one ice machine out of 3 working and none of the coke machines work and per Mr. Newnum they know this. But are not in a hurry to fix any of the problems.

I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. DON'T waist your time. Pay the extra money and stay in a updated hotel. Not one that is falling down. Management is very lazy, Mr. Newnum wouldn't even stand up to talk to me. It was a joke talking to him. Oh and by the way, the rate that Mr. Newnum said he fix was never done.

Thank you Best Western for the worst weekend of my life !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Sandra W
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
I am very sorry for the bad stay you had with us recently, and have discussed your concerns privately. There was no evidence of bed bugs found in your room, which was immediately inspected by the professional pest control company we use. We value all guest feedback and have addressed and made the necessary repairs to your room. I will review the in room maintenance program we have to ensure that the proper procedures are being followed so these issues don't recurr. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in Altus.
Melbourne, Arkansas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great hot breakfast bar with everything a southerner could want for breakfast except pancakes and I'm not sure if they had them or not--too busy with my bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank guthriewoman
, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thanks for staying with us and sharing your review and rating. They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I'm glad to hear you like ours, and hope the rest of your day was terrific, too. We look forward to the next opportunity we have to serve you and welcome you back to our hotel.
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Room was clean. All staff very friendly. Carpet dated and bed sagging and uncomfortable. My Non Smoking room reaked of smoke. A fog of smoke was coming through bathroom ceiling tiles - smelt like a smokey bar at 8 am. It triggered my asthma! My daughter's room next door was similar. If smoke bothers you, don't stay here. Breakfast was decent. Facility is tired and needs a facelift.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Frank B
Please accept my apologies for the smokey conditions you found in your rooms during your recent stay with us. We want all our guests to be able to relax and enjoy themselves while they are here, and welcome all feedback. I will work with our housekeeping department to make sure the proper procedures are in place and being used to ensure a worry free stay for every guest. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in Altus.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is showing its age. My room was supposed to be non-smoking, but there was a smell of smoke which I believe came from the innards of the air conditioning unit and from the dark blue/green carpet which must be at least 20 years old.

The walls of my room were covered with old wallpaper that was starting to come loose at the seams. The aged carpet showed permanent indentations where the former furniture in the room stood. The furniture has been somewhat updated - as noted, there are permanent dents in the carpet from the original stuff - but until they replace the carpet and remove the old wallpaper, and either thoroughly clean or replace the a/c unit, the room will remain dingy and dated.

I stayed there for 4 nights when in town to visit family, deciding to take a chance on this older place instead of one of the newer hotels in town, to save money. I wouldn't stay there again if I could get into one of the newer places in Altus.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Toofargone
, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
I am sorry you were disappointed with the conditions you found in your room during your last visit. We welcome and value all input and feedback from our valued guests, and appreciate that you took the time to write and share your comments. I will use your review to emphasize the need for our housekeeping and maintenance team members to be extra diligence during our daily cleaning and maintenance procedures, as we want all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us. I hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in town, and that you will be happy with the improvements we make.
altus, ok
Reviewed June 19, 2012

we stayed there several times in the past and we went back again and was not disappointed. the pool was great the hot tub was awesome! room was clean also the tv was older it was ok. will be going back again if we ever need to stay in a hotel again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank smpayne
Thanks for your many visits, and for taking the time to share your comments about us. I am glad that you are pleased with the accommodations and service we provide, and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.
Milliken, CO
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Upon walking in our room for the first time, I heard water running. I went to the bathroom to find the bathtub faucet running, the tub drain stopper was in and if we had been there 5 minutes later the whole room would have been flooded, to make matters worse we were on the 2nd floor, so the poor souls under us would have had a mess too! I called the front desk to report it and instead of being told "I am so sorry that happened, let me have someone come check to make sure everything is alright", instead there was silence. The tub was filthy. We also didn't have enough towels for 2 people and had to walk to the front desk on the other side of the building to get more because there was not one other person working at 7 pm on a Friday except James at the front desk. We were also told upson check in that the indoor pool was closed for maintenance, however it is connected to the outdoor pool and there were no signs posted, so this left us wondering what the heck?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lsnider
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Altus, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
I am truly sorry for the poor conditions and service you encountered here during your recent stay with us, and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. The Altus City Water plant has been working on their facility, which has had some brown water to be distributed, temporarily here, and we had a seperate water issue that caused us to run water in all the rooms, and we obviously forgot to turn yours off after the issue was resolved. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here, which I will use in discussions and training to improve our service. Our housekeeping & maintenance teams are committed to providing clean and comfortable rooms for all our guests, and I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust another time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altus
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Hampton Inn & Suites Altus
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus
Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center

Been to Days Inn Altus? Share your experiences!