“One of the best hotels I've stayed at”

Hampton Inn & Suites Altus
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Altus
Reviewed June 19, 2012

As a travel agency/agent owner who travels quite frequently this is by far one of the best Hampton Inn and Suites I've stayed at. I used to stay at Hamptons before but had problems and issues and decided to give them a try again. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel in the middle of nowhere. My father a previous hotel general manager even commented that it was a great hotel and he was impressed. The service was great and the recommendations by the desk staff were spot on for dinner. They were friendly and inviting at reception and the rooms were very nice.

Cons: I thought the shower/bath combo was a little smaller than usual. The bathroom door impedes onto the toilet but this seems to be an issue with most of the hotels lately. Some design genius probably came up with that to save space and didn't realize that it's more of a hinderance.

I guess from what I gather my father left his blue jeans in his room and he's been fussing about it every since. LOL Ha Ha If you have them and could please send them back contact me for the mailing address.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OCALAFLORIDATRAVELER
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

I am so glad you and your father regained your faith in the Hampton brand after your stay with us. Thank you very much for giving us a try, and for sharing your experience here. We have been in touch with you directly to get the jeans back to you, and hope you will let us know if there is anything further we can do for you. We are pleased to welcome you back to Hampton, and hope to see you again the next time you are here in Altus.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My high school reunion class was gathering at the Hampton. We made our reservations approximately two months in advance, and wound up with a room on the third floor at the far end of the hall. The rest of my class wound up with better rooms on the first floor. It appears that if you make your reservations earlier the front desk feels they have you locked in, and sticks you away in a corner to save the more desirable rooms for later arrivals.

Also, there was no baggage cart available, and we had to wait a while for the front desk person to find the cart and bring it down. The front desk was not that busy at the time.

Room Tip: Book in person, not on the internet, and ask for a ground floor if you want one
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Altus, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

I am very sorry that you were not happy with your accommodations or service here during your recent visit, and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. We do try to fulfill all guest room type requests whenever possible, but can not guarantee room location prior to arrival, due to availability and other factors. I know you have had further direct contact with us and appreciate your understanding, and your loyalty to the Hampton brand. We hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I am part of HHonor and has stayed at many Hilton's facilities around the world. This Hampton Inn at Altus is one of the nicer hotel in Altus. However, service is hit or miss. I have been staying here for business purpose quite a few times a year. There are times that they have great front desk service (check in) or cold, "not so care" kind of attitude. Being HHonor member, they do not usually recognize of give anything special. When compare to other Hilton hotels, this place definitely needs more training of the staff. They rarely ask me or show me where the pool, business center or the gym is. Reading other review, there are times that the staff will be on the phone and ignore customers.
Room, fairly clean, however, there are a few of the rooms has major cracks on the side walls of the shower. Internet service is free, however, can improve with speed. Breakfast service is great, standard with Hampton Inn. There is alos Holiday Inn express in town that has also comparable service, so sometimes, i do stay there instead of the Hampton Inn.
Being all that, this is one of the better hotel to stay in Altus.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Run_ar0und
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Altus, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton brand, and for your many visits to our property. I am sorry you have been disappointed with us, and will use your comments in discussions and training to improve our service and emphasize the need for everyone to make sure that every guest interaction is positive. I hope you will give us another chance to impress you with and that you will be pleased with the changes you see. Please feel free to email me directly at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed here for about 6 weeks in the spring of 2012, and have almost no complaints. The staff are friendly and helpful, especially housekeeping. The complimentary breakfast is a major plus, making hotel living a little easier to handle. I guess I can't really complain about the wireless internet, as it is complimentary, however it is almost as slow as dialup. Surfing the web, uploading documents, streaming video are all very slow and frustrating. The "local" network channels on the TV are also very grainy and the quality leaves something to be desired.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Altus, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your comments. I am sorry you were frustrated with the internet & television here - we have planned an upgrade for both systems to occur before the end of June. I hope you will be pleased with the improvements during future visits.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Spent approximately 100 nights at the Hampton Inn in Altus between September 2010 and March 2011 and enjoyed my time there. The friendliness of the staff was a huge boon for such a lengthy amount of time as the rest of Altus leaves a lot to be desired.

The rooms were always clean and received several upgrades during my stays there, and the breakfast enjoyable. The hotel even chipped in and bought pizza for the guests for the Superbowl which I haven't seen anywhere else. The hotel is pretty quiet, most weeknight guests are on business at the local air force base.

For negatives, they do have the standard Hampton Inn matresses which I absolutely loathe (they are overly soft, and I prefer extremely firm matresses), and I'll reecho some earlier reviews about bug infestation during early autumn. Some brand of beetle that didn't bite, so wasn't much of a worry but annoying nonetheless. The lobby area with the automatic double doors was by far the worst part of the hotel with the bugs. But by Mid-October the bug problem had subsided. There is also a fitness center, but was pretty lacking, I believe an eliptical and treadmill and that's about all.

Room Tip: The hotel is popular with traveller's to and from Altus AFB and gets booked full often, so make...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Altus, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Thank you so much for your many visits and loyalty. The bug problem, as you know, continues to be bothersome, and we are open to any suggestions you may have in this (and any other) area of our operation. As far as your mattress goes, yes, it is the Hampton spec, and if you want, we can provide you with a board to insert between the mattress and box spring to firm it up a bit. Let us know if you want to try this the next time you are here. Also, we will be making major changes and improvements to our fitness center, which should be complete in 2012, and hope you will be happy with the new one. Please let us know when you will be back so we can make sure we exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed here for one night on business. We arrived in late evening, the front desk clerk got us checked in right away. The room was quiet, clean and very comfortable, and the bed was great after a long day.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Altus, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Thanks for sharing your comments. We really appreciate your business and are glad you were happy here. We hope to be your hotel of choice when you are here in Altus.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed at this hotel in July 2011 for a family getaway. Upon my arrival I stood at the desk for at least 10 min before someone came from the back giggling and laughing with a cell phone in her hand. She finished her texting or whatever she was doing then looked up at me with a look of being disgusted and said how can i help you? I told her I had a reservation she ask for my name and cc. She hand me a paper to sign and handed me a key packet and told me thank you and have a good day. She picked up her phone and turned away going back through the door. I say excuse me where is the pool, and do you have a stairs? She rushed to tell me where those things were like she was in a hurry to get back to her phone. I felt like she just blew me off and i pay good money and I should have been treated better. Finally i ask the question saying what's your managers name, and is she in today. She looked at me with a fake smile saying Im Jessica the manager what can I do for you? I told her nothing I will call the 1800 number. Me and my family have stayed in many Hampton Inn and this was the worst exprience we have ever had. Upon entering our room there were dead bugs lying everywhere and the bathtub were very nasty and dirty. Most Hampton are know for their friendliness,and cleaness not this one. I will never stay at this hotel again Holiday Inn has earned our business.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Respect1100

I am terribly sorry to hear of your experience at this hotel, thank you for posting your review. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor treatment you received by a member of our team, and know that I will use your comments is discussions and training to improve our service. I am sorry, too, to have lost your business, and glad you still think Hampton Inns are great hotels. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Altus
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus
Days Inn Altus
Days Inn Altus
#2 of 7 in Altus
16 mi away
Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Altus? Share your experiences!