“Service, Food, Price - all middle of the road”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #42 of 56 Restaurants in Altus
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I always check TripAdvisor when choosing a restaurant...make that almost always. I did not check before visiting Applebee's in Altus because it was where a coworker chose for us to dine. I checked afterwards and at the time we dined there, it was ranked 26 out of 27 restaurants in Altus....a place I would have avoided if I had first checked the ratings.

Unlike many reviewers, we did not experience a long wait to be seated. We arrived on a weekday around 2 pm so we may have missed the lunch rush. Once seated, we were greeted promptly. There was a slight delay from the time our drinks were delivered until our order was taken but it was not excessive. Our appetizer arrived fairly quickly and our meals soon followed. I ran out of tea once but other than that, our waitstaff was attentive. We were in and out of there in less than an hour.

Food was decent...we ordered the pretzel appetizers. The pretzels were slightly greasy but the honey mustard dipping sauce and cheese was good. I had the honey pepper chicken tenders along with a bowl of french onion soup. The soup was definitely the highlight of the meal - the chicken tenders were just so-so. The soup was flavorful with yummy toasted cheese on top. The tenders did not have much of a pepper flavor and the honey was just placed on the plate, not incorporated into the meal. The portion was three small and thin tenders, not really much for the price. There were quite a few fries on the plate, though.

Maybe Management has improved after seeing some of the reviews but our experience, while not a 5 star experience, was okay.

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I enjoy the food every time I go to Applebee's in Altus, OK; but I have had to wait for over 30 or 40 minutes several times. If you are not in a hurry, then it is fine. If you expect your food in a normal amount of time, go somewhere else.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Everyone was so nice to a tourist. I ate there almost every day, and it felt like family by the end of my stay.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

While I realize lots of people love Applebee's, I do not enjoy eating at this particular one. I have eaten here twice in the past year and have become sick both times. The person I was with also became sick. Not sure what the problem is, but I will never eat here again. I have no problem with the Applebee's in Wichita Falls, however.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had lunch. Very good food and service. Waiter brought everything we asked for quickly.Food was excellent and enjoyed a few drinks.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!