“Painfully SLOW!”

Cuisines: French
Oklahoma
“Painfully SLOW!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Every time I have ever eaten here, it has taken forever to get food. I can't figure out why because most things are already made or a sandwich. How long does it take to put soup in a bowl? Usually, the server returns to tell me they are out of whatever I ordered & ask me to choose something else. I have dined here several times even though I wasn't happy. I kept thinking I must be crazy because some people really like it & there aren't many options in Altus. The food is ok at best. Portions are tiny & take forever to receive. At least it is clean which is more than I can say for many Altus establishments.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank InvisibleMommy

Wichita, Kansas
“Best local restaurant”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere, great service. You must eat here at least once during your stay in Altus.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Liberty K
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good, not great!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Visited here based on reviews from others. I ordered the lunch special which was chicken fried chicken. While the chicken was very very good, well seasoned and hot, the sides were not. My mashed potatoes were cold and the fried okra tasted like it was frozen prepackaged. Ice tea did not taste liked fresh brewed but more like fountain tea. The spice cake for dessert was excellent. My daughter ordered the chicken avocado salad sandwich. She found the flavor weird and the texture even weirder. Didn't really taste like chicken or avocado. Looked like a paste. Yuck! My son in law had the chicken avocado club sandwich. He loved the turkey that was on it but didn't care for the rest. The service while friendly, was slow. While this place is not excellent, it is above average for the area and it would return, but order something different.

Visited May 2013
Arizona
“A tasty lunch”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This pleasant, nicely decorated restaurant is an excellent choice if you are looking for a tasty soup, salad, or sandwich for lunch. The menu is limited, but we enjoyed our food.

Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in Altus”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were in town for a family member's retirement from the Air Force base. Three meals at this cafe. A terrific chicken pie in puff pastry, wonderfully flavored, served hot (to a large group), full portion with flaky pastry and chicken meat that was obviously cooked from scratch for this meal. It was served with a simple, very fresh side salad and roasted asparagus. The chocolate cake was to die for. A soft, moist cake in the true Parisian tradition, very flavorful with a hint of bittersweet chocolate and a creamy smooth texture that it seems you only get with "folded in" egg whites, not beaten.
This cafe is simple in decor but is very pleasant. It is all about the food. Go figure that in this great continental cafe is out in the weeds in western Oklahoma. - Paul, from Seattle

• Visited January 2013