“Better visit this time without Fido”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Altus
Austin, Texas
“Better visit this time without Fido”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My last visit wasn't a great experience as you can read in my previous review due to the pet issue. However I was traveling solo this time and was looking for an alternative to the Best Western which has just become too far past it's prime to stay there anymore. I booked a room on line for Jan 11-13th. Check in was fine. My room was clean and away from the elevators as requested. All in all the stay met my expectations. I will stay there again when not traveling with my Yorkie. One note, and it may not apply to every room, but each pillow is labeled on the pillow case soft or hard. I think over time it's lost it's accuracy as none of the four pillows I had available to me were close to soft, which led to some neck soreness in the morning. In retrospect I should have attempted to resolve it with a phone call. Just be aware and exchange them if you feel they aren't as lableled.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the elevator can be noisy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I travel to Altus several times a year. Hotel is great. Staff is very accomodating. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Altus. I am a Platinum Club member and I always get an upgrade. Shawn, the front desk clerk is extremely helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mt Holly, NJ
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Visiting family in Altus, OK, my wife and I selected to stay at this hotel. Location was perfect to get downtown, but far enough out to miss traffic. Service was exceptional from check-in to check-out. Entire staff friendly and genuinely concerned about each guest; wishing us a terrific day as we depart and greeting us every time we returned. Breakfast was filling-no dried out or packaged continental breakfast rolls and food was turned over to avoid getting stale. Coffee, tea and cookies greeted us each evening-even though we disn't need a snack. The bed was extra comfortable and room was spacious and very clean. Altus is a tiny town in southern part of OK just northwest of Fort Worth, TX. One would think such a small town would hold only small cheap hotels, no matter the brand. However, Holiday Inn placed a jewel of a hotel there. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Loved every thing except the terribly hard bed. Like sleeping on a rock.
The staff was awesome.
Wished that you had turkey sausage or bacon on the breakfast buffet, as I don't eat pork.
The location was close to the hospital that my father was in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My third time staying here and ready to come back. The prices are good based on the value you are getting. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and a good variety for breakfast. The pool is clean and well-stocked with towels. The staff is always friendly, professional, and always ready to help, especially the two ladies running the Great Start breakfast every morning. Happy to help, offer food to take with you, and always ready to do battle with the pancake maker. We got extra towels and amentities everytime we asked. Always good t have a refrig, microwave and extra sink.

My only concern was with our room (room 411). It appeared to have had some graffitti or damage to one of the walls since several paint jobs were done yet did not match the original paint. It made it obvious that some work was done, but they didn;t take the time to paint the whole room again. Should take the time and money to fix the room correctly to prevent other customers from noticing. A/C a bit noisy but not a big deal.

Looking forward to going back and staying here.

Room Tip: Room 411 needs to be painted again in one solid color.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed there May 4th and 5th. Initial check in was fine. We have a yorkie and told the clerk this. We were given a print out to sign that had the cost of the stay. No pet fee was included at that time. We came and went through the front lobby several times with our Yorkie as we were not trying to get around anything. On Saturday as my wife was bringing the dog back in, she was stopped by a male employee who had come out of the back office. He interrogated her about the dog and told her they have a pet fee. She informed this gentleman that we clearly stated we had the dog upon check in, as his tone was one that indicated he thought she was sneaking him in. He asked her for the room number and said he was going to check on that.. We ended up paying $50 per night extra upon check out for the dog. 1. Desk clerks should inform people up front of the pet fee and it should reflect in the print out upon check in. 2. Managers/Employees need to figure out a less confrontational way to determining if someone is trying to scam them out of a pet fee. Other than that and the meat packing plant smell the stay was fine. The Hotel is relatively new and kept clean. I received a survey via email in which I stated my concerns. I was asked if I wanted a rep to contact me and I said yes. That was early May, as of today, no follow up from them. Building wise, I would stay there again. Staff wise, probably not.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
I am truly sorry for the problems you encountered here during you stay in May, and hope you will accept my belated apologies. We welcome pets, and there is a fee that should have been explained during the reservation or check in conversations. There is no excuse for any sort of rude behavior by anyone here, and I will use your experience in discussions and training to improve our operation. I sent you a private message and look forward to doing whatever we can to make this right for you. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust and respect the next time you are in Altus.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Holiday Inn, in Altus, did keep their promise. My Family & I vacationed this past Easter, and decided to give the Holiday Inn another try. THe rooms were cleaner - housekeeping did a wonderful job! My only problem was the pool was closed throughout our stay. The front desk informed us that the chemicals were not right and a professional was going to address the problem. WIth that being said, yes we were disappointed the pool was closed but, I am glad the staff did not just let my family swim when the levels were not satisfactory. Thanks again! We'll being staying there in the future!

Room Tip: This Holiday Inn is located near the sir force base - there is very little noise from the planes. If...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rbert282
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altus
Hampton Inn & Suites Altus
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus
Days Inn Altus
Days Inn Altus
#2 of 7 in Altus
Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus? Share your experiences!