“Unexpected Delight”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Altus
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Visiting family in Altus, OK, my wife and I selected to stay at this hotel. Location was perfect to get downtown, but far enough out to miss traffic. Service was exceptional from check-in to check-out. Entire staff friendly and genuinely concerned about each guest; wishing us a terrific day as we depart and greeting us every time we returned. Breakfast was filling-no dried out or packaged continental breakfast rolls and food was turned over to avoid getting stale. Coffee, tea and cookies greeted us each evening-even though we disn't need a snack. The bed was extra comfortable and room was spacious and very clean. Altus is a tiny town in southern part of OK just northwest of Fort Worth, TX. One would think such a small town would hold only small cheap hotels, no matter the brand. However, Holiday Inn placed a jewel of a hotel there. Enjoy!

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Loved every thing except the terribly hard bed. Like sleeping on a rock.
The staff was awesome.
Wished that you had turkey sausage or bacon on the breakfast buffet, as I don't eat pork.
The location was close to the hospital that my father was in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My third time staying here and ready to come back. The prices are good based on the value you are getting. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and a good variety for breakfast. The pool is clean and well-stocked with towels. The staff is always friendly, professional, and always ready to help, especially the two ladies running the Great Start breakfast every morning. Happy to help, offer food to take with you, and always ready to do battle with the pancake maker. We got extra towels and amentities everytime we asked. Always good t have a refrig, microwave and extra sink.

My only concern was with our room (room 411). It appeared to have had some graffitti or damage to one of the walls since several paint jobs were done yet did not match the original paint. It made it obvious that some work was done, but they didn;t take the time to paint the whole room again. Should take the time and money to fix the room correctly to prevent other customers from noticing. A/C a bit noisy but not a big deal.

Looking forward to going back and staying here.

Room Tip: Room 411 needs to be painted again in one solid color.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed there May 4th and 5th. Initial check in was fine. We have a yorkie and told the clerk this. We were given a print out to sign that had the cost of the stay. No pet fee was included at that time. We came and went through the front lobby several times with our Yorkie as we were not trying to get around anything. On Saturday as my wife was bringing the dog back in, she was stopped by a male employee who had come out of the back office. He interrogated her about the dog and told her they have a pet fee. She informed this gentleman that we clearly stated we had the dog upon check in, as his tone was one that indicated he thought she was sneaking him in. He asked her for the room number and said he was going to check on that.. We ended up paying $50 per night extra upon check out for the dog. 1. Desk clerks should inform people up front of the pet fee and it should reflect in the print out upon check in. 2. Managers/Employees need to figure out a less confrontational way to determining if someone is trying to scam them out of a pet fee. Other than that and the meat packing plant smell the stay was fine. The Hotel is relatively new and kept clean. I received a survey via email in which I stated my concerns. I was asked if I wanted a rep to contact me and I said yes. That was early May, as of today, no follow up from them. Building wise, I would stay there again. Staff wise, probably not.

Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

I am truly sorry for the problems you encountered here during you stay in May, and hope you will accept my belated apologies. We welcome pets, and there is a fee that should have been explained during the reservation or check in conversations. There is no excuse for any sort of rude behavior by anyone here, and I will use your experience in discussions and training to improve our operation. I sent you a private message and look forward to doing whatever we can to make this right for you. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust and respect the next time you are in Altus.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Holiday Inn, in Altus, did keep their promise. My Family & I vacationed this past Easter, and decided to give the Holiday Inn another try. THe rooms were cleaner - housekeeping did a wonderful job! My only problem was the pool was closed throughout our stay. The front desk informed us that the chemicals were not right and a professional was going to address the problem. WIth that being said, yes we were disappointed the pool was closed but, I am glad the staff did not just let my family swim when the levels were not satisfactory. Thanks again! We'll being staying there in the future!

Room Tip: This Holiday Inn is located near the sir force base - there is very little noise from the planes. If...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rbert282
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I would like to comment on your staff during my stay; they were very accommodating to our needs; especially tara, erica t, heather and the maintenance man ruben. from the time we checked in to the time we checked out; we will definately stay at this hotel again. my neices enjoyed the pool alot. thanks to them so much for making that stay wonderful. you've got some great employess! i hope i got all the names right - i did ask them their names as each one of them accommodated us individually as we needed them! GOOD JOB GUYS!!

1  Thank Laurie G
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed one night at the HIE in Altus and thought it was a cut above the average HIE we have stayed at. It was clean, the desk staff was kind and helpful. We had gone to there as my girlfriend's family is from there and we had gone for a family event. Altus is a small town and doesn't have a lot to do but we happened to visit on the weekend of the Rock and Rumble Car Show so there was enough to do. Unfortunately my girlfriend became ill and we were allowed to extend our checkout time very late into the day while she rested and her folks went on to the family event. I am a Priority club member and was extended Priority Club courtesies even though the room was being paid for by her parents. Altus isn't the greatest place to spend the night but as HIE's go, this one was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altus
Hampton Inn & Suites Altus
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altus
Days Inn Altus
Days Inn Altus
#2 of 7 in Altus
Quartz Mountain Resort Arts & Conference Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Altus? Share your experiences!