“is a nice place”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ada
Midlothian,t
“is a nice place”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We picked this motel just on chance .Had not read any reviews
The room was reasonable and very clean with fast internet,fridge and microwave
The draw back is the walls did seem really thin as we could hear the people next door TV and even them talking .Could not make out what was said
There are limited plug in so to plug in a PC you had to unplug a lamp or something
The other drawback is if checking in early you have to pay for a full saty as if you had stayed the night before,most motels will give a reduced fee or no fee at all for early check in
Did not hear any train whistles or loud noises
The breakfast was very good the drawback to it is they are on the health kick,2%milk and wheat bread. They were out of susage when we came up ,the mangager quickly made more than enough for us

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JR E, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey at our hotel. I'm so glad that you experience yourself and pick our hotel for your previous stay. And yes we have limited electrical plug in.
That is my concern also to the management, we will make some change for the inconvenience
and make it easier for you and future guess.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Atlanta,Georgia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We decided to try Quality Inn on our annual trip to Ada, my home town. We usually stay at Raintree, however Quality Inn was $20 less than Raintree and other motels are around $100, which seem high for Ada. We had read some negative reviews, but decided to stay here anyway. Our room had been recently remodeled, so it was very nice. It did not have a microwave or mini-fridge. The breakfast was good, offering waffles, sausage, gravy, biscuits, cereal, pastries, etc. My only complaint was there was no computer to print our boarding tickets for our return flight. PS. I did not hear any train whistle. I grew up in Ada, so it would have been a soothing sound to me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JR E, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your generosity comments. We looking forward to serving you again in
the near future.
Stillwater, OK
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here in Mid October 2012. Seemed to be a nice hotel, but around midnight each night until 5:00am, a LOUD train horn/whistle blows constantly. The walls are so thin that it sounds like it is right in your room. Needless to say, I was not able to sleep, even though I turned on the television to help provide some constant noise to drown out the horn. When I talked to management, they blew me off. Customer service nationwide blew me off too. I usually stay in Holiday Inns and now I know why. Stay somewhere else or you will be sorry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cowgirl12
We are truly sorry about the train whistle. We wish there are something that we can do to improve
to make your stay better. Therefore, we ask you to give us another chance.

Travelers are raving about these Ada hotels

Lenoir, North Carolina
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I was attending ada ok for my mothers 84th birthday. the rooms were very clean and at any time we needed something the owner or desk person was very eager to accommodate. The house keeping did a very thorough job in making sure the rooms were stocked with the basic needs for travelers and the continintal breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Louise L
We just wanted to say thank you for your very nice comments. We are still improving and remodeling on all of our rooms with flat screen TV. For your next visit please experience with our new rooms.
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This hotel used to be either a Days Inn or Motel 6. However, the new owners are trying to please you if you choose their hotel.
Pros:
Decent breakfast
Good internet connections now. They use 11 Mb wireless routers but I never had any issues with speed or throughput
Large rooms to move around in
Decent bed for a good sleep
Low price
Refrigerator in room
Cons:
Old hotel that has only stairwells to get to the the 2nd floors.
Restaurant is not in service
Linen needs refreshing
Rooms need a new coat of paint
Old style CRT TV's
Pool was drained and looked like it hasn't been used for a long time

I don't like staying at hotels where the rooms don't really have enough electrical outlets and the room I stayed in had only enough outlets for the lamps and alarm clock. This hotel needs a sprucing up on both the outside and inside but I doubt that will happen as the new owners don't look like they have deep pockets to make these changes. They were a very nice young Asian couple who told me to let them know if anything was not up to snuff so they could make it right. I had a room at the very back of the hotel and it was quiet. The price was very reasonable in the upper $60 range with my AAA card.
This could be a great value hotel with a little money invested into it but currently it is just average.

Room Tip: Take a lower level room so that you don't have to carry your luggage to the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
JR E, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind of comments. Our hotel is still under renovations.
We are looking forward to serving you and every guests a enjoyable way.
We do appreciated you staying with us.
Bartlesville
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Recently, my mother died. I spent 2 nights at the Quality Inn in Ada, OK. I rented a total of 4 rooms for family, and I rented a conference room for the reception following the funeral.
* I changed rooms one time because of cock roach crawling on my arm in middle of nite, and the next nite in a different room, same situation, cockroach crawled on my arm while in bed. Room 214 and 130.
* The carpet was stained as well as the fabric on the chairs and it looked like the rooms had not been vaccumed
* There was a malfunctioning air conditioner in one of the other rooms, I believe it was 121 or 123.
* My sister and her husband were in room 112 the second night - - ants, roaches and bad smell in room. My sister paid one of the housekeepers to clean her room again and spray for odor
* Conference room i rented for reception was littered with dead cockroaches along the walls (many cockroaches). This was sickening and embarrassing. LOST MY APPETITE QUICKLY
* Very slow service at the front desk and majority of keys for rooms did not work and had to be reprogrammed and some still would not work.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sallenrnmsm
Tulsa
Reviewed July 13, 2010

The wireless internet wouldn't connect, the desk referred me to the provider who couldn't make it work; try again every 10 min. Remote didn't work, desk was unresponsive. Decent room, slack breakfast.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business