“Better than expected”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ada
Phoenix, Arizona
“Better than expected”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Despite being on the first floor,this was a quiet room and i was very happy with everything at the hotel. the breakfast is a little bit on the meager side, but the coffee was hot, tasty, and there was plenty of it!

Room Tip: I don't like the first floor, where cars can park and shine their lights right into your room, b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Barbara, thank you for your comments, it is rear to find someone that prefers and upstairs room, but I do have to agree they tend to be quieter. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and I do hope you will return in the future. At present the property is undergoing a major remodel that we expect to take about three years to completely finish. While we do wish we could do this over night, it is an expensive and time consuming process, plus we need to work around our guest to avoid disturbing them during there stay. I am sorry you found our breakfast on the meager side. At present we offer at least to types of eggs, sausage, pancakes, toast, biscuits and gravy, hot and cold cereal, yogurt and fruit, along with coffee, tea, apple and orange juice and two types of milk. As we redo our breakfast area this winter, some of this offering will change and hopefully most will find it an improvement. I do not have enough information to find when you stayed with us, to see if there was any reason something was not offered, but if something was not available to I wish to apologize.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western in Ada, Ok recently. When I Checked in the woman behind the desk seemed very friendly and outgoing. She was able to find me a rate that fit my budget, however, once I finished checking-in her attitude seemed to change. After reaching my room I noticed I had no soap in the restroom and also wanted to ask for an extra towel but after returning to the front desk she was not there so I followed the smell of smoke to the pool room and located her. I was greeted with a look of disgust not a smile. I made my request and was asked, "Is there anything else?" The other two women I met the next morning before I checked out were much warmer and charming they gave me information and directions to local attractions and somewhat made up for the bad taste left in my mouth from the night before.

Room Tip: Ask for room on front side. I over heard complaints about barking dogs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brett T, General Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments, while I can not be sure who the evening clerk was that was rude, I believe I do know who it was and I am happy to report that she is no longer with us. We expect all of our staff to provide quality and friendly service and we did become aware of one falling far short of the mark.

I would encourage anyone, not receiving good customer service to always speak with management about it, so that management is aware of situations. We will always strive to provide great service, however we can not be at the property at all times and do want to know if someone is failing to take care of our guest.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western a few times while visiting a family member in the hospital in Ada. The staff was very polite and accommodating. The rooms were exceptionally clean. The accommodations were very quiet and breakfast was great. I will stay again when in Ada.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Brett T, General Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
LaTiaha,
Thank you for your review, we utilize feedback as yours to rate how we are doing in meeting and exceeding guest expectations. We have and will always strive to improve the experiences for our guest. It is from feed back that we have laid out our current remodeling program that has started and will be taking place over the next couple of years and continue to evolve based on guest feedback.
Newcastle, Oklahoma, Usa
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Staff were friendly and nice. The breakfast was good. The room size was good. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small and the door was difficult to shut. There is no ventilation in the bathroom. Cobwebs acorss the ceiling. There was a lot of outside noice from other rooms and even from the street which was at least 50 yards away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Cheryl, thank you for your comments, I am pleased that you did seem to have an overall good stay at our property. I have done a little research and I believe I found what room you occupied, I will look into the cobweb issue as there should not have been any in the room. I have just recently went though and replaced all of the dusters with new one, which have an even longer reach to avoid situations as this.

All of our bathrooms have ventilation in them, they are not switched, and they are part of a central and ducted system, which runs 24/7. As part of our preventative maintenance program they are checked every four months. That said I will have our maintenance department go into the attic and make sure everything is working properly, it is possible that the vent motor may have failed since its last inspection.

The night of your stay, we also had a high school baseball team staying with us; this may have been part of the noise from the other guest rooms, high school students, to not tend to make the quietest of guest. The road noise is not something we generally hear complaints about; as you are correct the room was about 50 yards away from the road.

Cheryl, I do want to assure you we will look into all issues and will address what can be addressed. I do hope that you will stay with us next time you are in Ada.
Enid, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed at this Best Western twice while visiting relatives in Ada, OK. The room was very clean. Staff very pleasant. The Raintree was conveniently located and we had no trouble finding it. The room was very quiet. Not outside traffic noises or loud guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we always appreciate guest feedback and use this feedback to always try and improve on guest satisfaction. Currently the property is undergoing several renovations that we hope will continue to meet and exceed guest expectation.

As, an older property renovations are always on going, some of what is taking place at this time, is all new plug and play flat panel televisions. The plug and play ability was a key feature we looked for based on customer feedback, with guest wanting to be able to attach the external gaming consoles to the televisions. We are currently working on new landscaping, and removing wall vinyl and texturing and painting the guest room walls. We are also currently planning the remodeling of our breakfast area, desk and lobby, which should be taking place in the next few months.
Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel. We stayed there 3 days. We did not have the room cleaned at all the whole time!!!!!! We had to call to the service desk for clean towels!!!! When the towels were brought to our room ,we were told WE DON'T ISSUE CLEAN TOWELS TILL YOU TURN IN THE DIRTY ONES!!!!! We worked nights and slept during the day, there fore our room didn't get room service. I had to go to the service desk to request our trash to be removed and more clean towels. There was mold in our shower and the shower curtain was very dirty, the toilet was very dirty. The wall paper was coming off the wall in our room. On the last day the air conditioner would not come on at all. We tried to use the coffe pot and when it was rised out there was roach parts in it. The breakfast was uneatable all micowaved and tuff. The whole place smells old and musky. There was no heated pool to use( not in season) Really do you use a heated pool in the summer. The TV in the room was very fussy . The only good thing this hotel had to offer was good water pressure and plenty of hot water.

Room Tip: find another hotel this one does live up to it's name of quality.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
We hate to have any customer that is disappointed with a stay at the property; we also dislike half truths and misleading information. While I have no doubt this lady was disappointed, not all of what she stated in her comments are completely true. It is not often that the owner and myself have most or all of the first hand information, when we are dealing with a person after their stay, however in this case, thanks to the stomach virus that has been going around, the owner was covering the 7:00AM – 3:00pm shift and I was covering the 11:00pm – 7:00am shifts when most of the interaction between this property and this guest took place.

Day sleepers can provide some challenged in this industry, unless you are a hotel with some volume of people that leave though out the day and night and have the opportunity and need for these rooms to be made available for rent again the same day. A hotel can not bring staff in hours early to work for less than an hour and then to sit and wait. There are times a hotel will have a group of day sleepers and this will allow a hotel to schedule staff in early, as there is a demand that will keep them busy.

What the reviewer fails to state is that she and her room mate where here working nights and sleeping during the day. They actually only stayed two days as they checked in on a Monday morning and left on Wednesday morning. They where not due housekeeping on Monday as they had just checked in that day. On Tuesday morning around 7:30AM they called and complained that they had not had maid service. It was explained to them that the housekeeping staff would be in at 9:00AM and would come right to there room to clean it, that was not acceptable to them. They then asked for towels, the owner took towels to their room, when she took the towels to the room, she asked if they would like her to remove the old towels, no demand was made for them, just an offer to remove them. On Wednesday morning as scheduled they checked out. Some times it does require that the guest work with the business to give them the best possible service to meet needs, not just the guest demands. It also needs to be said that they told our evening desk clerk that they went to bed around 7:00AM and got up around 7:00PM.

In addressing the breakfast, we as most hotels today are a limited service property, we do not offer a full service restaurant and bar, as one might expect to find in a full service property. As with most hotel breakfast today, yes most all items come to the property frozen. That said, almost all of the items we serve we first had at a different hotel and then found out who made the product. All products are prepared as per the manufactures instructions and if more than one way to prepare the item is available each way was tried to deliver the best product. Our breakfast tends to be more extensive than most other limited service hotels. We offer scrambled eggs, cheddar omelets or breakfast burritos, sausage, biscuits and gravy, toast, an assortment of pastries and cereals, along with coffee, two types of milk and two juices and more. While this person may have complained in her review, she did not complain while here and her entire party ate rather heftily while here.

As to the condition of her room, since they never said anything while they were here, we can no longer view it as they viewed it. However as I have said the owner and I had dealings with these people each day and there is no doubt that had the room been as described, they would have said something, demanding a different room or demanded to go to a different hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Ada hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at this property with our two grandchildren on Friday, January 4th, and found it to be very nice and comfortable. It fit our needs perfectly and the staff was very nice and helpful. My only complaint was about the ice machine and my husband addressed the problem with the front desk. After we got to our room, my husband went to get some ice out of the machine and found many browns flecks in the ice. He showed the front desk staff and they were very apologetic. We did have to leave the room after a long day of travel to go drive down the street to buy a bag of ice but that was the only problem we had here. We had a very early check out the next morning and the breakfast was very good....not just the standard continental breakfast. Omelets, biscuits and gravy, toast, sausage links and cereal. Everything was nice and hot and the coffee was great...just what the grandparents needed for the beginning of another day of travel with 2 grandchildren!! This was a very comfortable stay for us but if you are expecting a place that is brand new with tons of fancy ammenities, then this is not the place for you. We prefer these types of older but clean and homey type of properties to stay as we are usually in the room only long enough to sleep and will definitely be back here on our next visit to Ada, OK. We just hope the ice machine lines get cleaned before our next stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Donna,
Thank you so much for your review and sharing it with everyone with Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I want to apologize about the ice, I was working the over night shift the day you checked in and my clerk did tell me about it, when I arrived. While we do have cleaning and preventative maintenance procedures to help avoid problems as this, sometimes those policies and procedures are not enough. Ice machines that are available to the public are sealed so that people can not get into the ice holding bin that can also mean we don’t spot issues that are not normal as fast. Cleaning and maintenance procedures had been followed, but this time it needed attention a bit sooner than normal. I did empty the machine and clean it that very night so that this problem was corrected as soon as it came to my attention.

I do want to thank you for bringing it to our attention, you might be surprised as how little is brought to our attention so that we can correct an issue, before it effects the next person.

Sincerely