“polite and clean”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ada
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“polite and clean”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western a few times while visiting a family member in the hospital in Ada. The staff was very polite and accommodating. The rooms were exceptionally clean. The accommodations were very quiet and breakfast was great. I will stay again when in Ada.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Brett T, General Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
LaTiaha,
Thank you for your review, we utilize feedback as yours to rate how we are doing in meeting and exceeding guest expectations. We have and will always strive to improve the experiences for our guest. It is from feed back that we have laid out our current remodeling program that has started and will be taking place over the next couple of years and continue to evolve based on guest feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Newcastle, Oklahoma, Usa
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Staff were friendly and nice. The breakfast was good. The room size was good. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small and the door was difficult to shut. There is no ventilation in the bathroom. Cobwebs acorss the ceiling. There was a lot of outside noice from other rooms and even from the street which was at least 50 yards away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Cheryl, thank you for your comments, I am pleased that you did seem to have an overall good stay at our property. I have done a little research and I believe I found what room you occupied, I will look into the cobweb issue as there should not have been any in the room. I have just recently went though and replaced all of the dusters with new one, which have an even longer reach to avoid situations as this.

All of our bathrooms have ventilation in them, they are not switched, and they are part of a central and ducted system, which runs 24/7. As part of our preventative maintenance program they are checked every four months. That said I will have our maintenance department go into the attic and make sure everything is working properly, it is possible that the vent motor may have failed since its last inspection.

The night of your stay, we also had a high school baseball team staying with us; this may have been part of the noise from the other guest rooms, high school students, to not tend to make the quietest of guest. The road noise is not something we generally hear complaints about; as you are correct the room was about 50 yards away from the road.

Cheryl, I do want to assure you we will look into all issues and will address what can be addressed. I do hope that you will stay with us next time you are in Ada.
Enid, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed at this Best Western twice while visiting relatives in Ada, OK. The room was very clean. Staff very pleasant. The Raintree was conveniently located and we had no trouble finding it. The room was very quiet. Not outside traffic noises or loud guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we always appreciate guest feedback and use this feedback to always try and improve on guest satisfaction. Currently the property is undergoing several renovations that we hope will continue to meet and exceed guest expectation.

As, an older property renovations are always on going, some of what is taking place at this time, is all new plug and play flat panel televisions. The plug and play ability was a key feature we looked for based on customer feedback, with guest wanting to be able to attach the external gaming consoles to the televisions. We are currently working on new landscaping, and removing wall vinyl and texturing and painting the guest room walls. We are also currently planning the remodeling of our breakfast area, desk and lobby, which should be taking place in the next few months.
Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel. We stayed there 3 days. We did not have the room cleaned at all the whole time!!!!!! We had to call to the service desk for clean towels!!!! When the towels were brought to our room ,we were told WE DON'T ISSUE CLEAN TOWELS TILL YOU TURN IN THE DIRTY ONES!!!!! We worked nights and slept during the day, there fore our room didn't get room service. I had to go to the service desk to request our trash to be removed and more clean towels. There was mold in our shower and the shower curtain was very dirty, the toilet was very dirty. The wall paper was coming off the wall in our room. On the last day the air conditioner would not come on at all. We tried to use the coffe pot and when it was rised out there was roach parts in it. The breakfast was uneatable all micowaved and tuff. The whole place smells old and musky. There was no heated pool to use( not in season) Really do you use a heated pool in the summer. The TV in the room was very fussy . The only good thing this hotel had to offer was good water pressure and plenty of hot water.

Room Tip: find another hotel this one does live up to it's name of quality.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
We hate to have any customer that is disappointed with a stay at the property; we also dislike half truths and misleading information. While I have no doubt this lady was disappointed, not all of what she stated in her comments are completely true. It is not often that the owner and myself have most or all of the first hand information, when we are dealing with a person after their stay, however in this case, thanks to the stomach virus that has been going around, the owner was covering the 7:00AM – 3:00pm shift and I was covering the 11:00pm – 7:00am shifts when most of the interaction between this property and this guest took place.

Day sleepers can provide some challenged in this industry, unless you are a hotel with some volume of people that leave though out the day and night and have the opportunity and need for these rooms to be made available for rent again the same day. A hotel can not bring staff in hours early to work for less than an hour and then to sit and wait. There are times a hotel will have a group of day sleepers and this will allow a hotel to schedule staff in early, as there is a demand that will keep them busy.

What the reviewer fails to state is that she and her room mate where here working nights and sleeping during the day. They actually only stayed two days as they checked in on a Monday morning and left on Wednesday morning. They where not due housekeeping on Monday as they had just checked in that day. On Tuesday morning around 7:30AM they called and complained that they had not had maid service. It was explained to them that the housekeeping staff would be in at 9:00AM and would come right to there room to clean it, that was not acceptable to them. They then asked for towels, the owner took towels to their room, when she took the towels to the room, she asked if they would like her to remove the old towels, no demand was made for them, just an offer to remove them. On Wednesday morning as scheduled they checked out. Some times it does require that the guest work with the business to give them the best possible service to meet needs, not just the guest demands. It also needs to be said that they told our evening desk clerk that they went to bed around 7:00AM and got up around 7:00PM.

In addressing the breakfast, we as most hotels today are a limited service property, we do not offer a full service restaurant and bar, as one might expect to find in a full service property. As with most hotel breakfast today, yes most all items come to the property frozen. That said, almost all of the items we serve we first had at a different hotel and then found out who made the product. All products are prepared as per the manufactures instructions and if more than one way to prepare the item is available each way was tried to deliver the best product. Our breakfast tends to be more extensive than most other limited service hotels. We offer scrambled eggs, cheddar omelets or breakfast burritos, sausage, biscuits and gravy, toast, an assortment of pastries and cereals, along with coffee, two types of milk and two juices and more. While this person may have complained in her review, she did not complain while here and her entire party ate rather heftily while here.

As to the condition of her room, since they never said anything while they were here, we can no longer view it as they viewed it. However as I have said the owner and I had dealings with these people each day and there is no doubt that had the room been as described, they would have said something, demanding a different room or demanded to go to a different hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Ada hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at this property with our two grandchildren on Friday, January 4th, and found it to be very nice and comfortable. It fit our needs perfectly and the staff was very nice and helpful. My only complaint was about the ice machine and my husband addressed the problem with the front desk. After we got to our room, my husband went to get some ice out of the machine and found many browns flecks in the ice. He showed the front desk staff and they were very apologetic. We did have to leave the room after a long day of travel to go drive down the street to buy a bag of ice but that was the only problem we had here. We had a very early check out the next morning and the breakfast was very good....not just the standard continental breakfast. Omelets, biscuits and gravy, toast, sausage links and cereal. Everything was nice and hot and the coffee was great...just what the grandparents needed for the beginning of another day of travel with 2 grandchildren!! This was a very comfortable stay for us but if you are expecting a place that is brand new with tons of fancy ammenities, then this is not the place for you. We prefer these types of older but clean and homey type of properties to stay as we are usually in the room only long enough to sleep and will definitely be back here on our next visit to Ada, OK. We just hope the ice machine lines get cleaned before our next stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Donna,
Thank you so much for your review and sharing it with everyone with Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I want to apologize about the ice, I was working the over night shift the day you checked in and my clerk did tell me about it, when I arrived. While we do have cleaning and preventative maintenance procedures to help avoid problems as this, sometimes those policies and procedures are not enough. Ice machines that are available to the public are sealed so that people can not get into the ice holding bin that can also mean we don’t spot issues that are not normal as fast. Cleaning and maintenance procedures had been followed, but this time it needed attention a bit sooner than normal. I did empty the machine and clean it that very night so that this problem was corrected as soon as it came to my attention.

I do want to thank you for bringing it to our attention, you might be surprised as how little is brought to our attention so that we can correct an issue, before it effects the next person.

Sincerely
Brett Tribbey
Parachute, Colorado
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It is always great staying here, we stay at this Motel everytime we visit our kids! The staff is very friendly and always willing to go above and beyond for you here, They keep the rooms nice and we always have a very enjoyable stay while visiting Ada!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brett T, General Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments, we always strive to maintain the property, I hope your stay with us was in one of the freshly repainted rooms. We are pleased to be renovating the entire property, starting with the new flat panel televisions, new paint and texture, with so much more to follow. While we are just in the beginning processes, over the next three years the entire property will be completely redone and we are already hearing great feedback on what is already done.

We always enjoy repeat guest, as we open our property up to everyone, repeat guest remind us of family coming back home, as we get to know guest as yourself.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I travelled to Oklahoma from Australia & stayed here for 2 weeks & do not have 1 compliant!! The room was clean, the bed was super comfy & the location was good with many dining options nearby. The staff were outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. Even a check in at 2am.
The breakfast was great with a variety of options.
My only suggestions would be to have a DVD player in the room & keep the smoking rooms bedding for the smoking rooms as there was a burn hole in one of the blankets on the bed & I had a non smoking room. It didn't bother me but some guests it may.
I read some reviews that complained about the decor being dated, I personally thought it to be charming & gave the place character. I felt very at home here.
I will definitely be staying here again when I go back to Oklahoma.
Awesome job Raintree!!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Aussie1881
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments, we have read and shared your comments with all of our staff and you made them all feel wonderful, we are so happy to have a staff that really does care and that that caring is shown and seen by our guest. We are a small property so we tend to get to know our guest a little more than some larger properties tend to be able to and try and treat each guest as if they are guest in our home.

We do so agree with you about the property having character and we are also in the middle of remodeling the property. We are attempting to maintain this character and not allow the property to be turned into a cookie cutter styling just because it is what is hip and in today, we always try to maintain a classic styling. Currently we are replacing all of our televisions with brand new LG flat panels and removing the wall vinyl, texturing and painting all of our rooms. As I write this letter, I am just back from looking at a room that has had one of the new custom mixed paints placed on the wall, it is offers a new fresh and warm feeling to the room. We will also be re-tiling all of our bathrooms over the next couple of years, while also redoing our breakfast area, desk, lobby and the exterior of the property over the next two years. I do hope we will see you again and that you will get to see these rooms, as I think you will really enjoy them, even more than what we have today.

To your suggestions DVD players are something we have considered in the past, however they do not make commercial DVD players of the hospitality industry and today so many people are traveling with gaming consoles that will play DVD’s we have opted at this time not to do so. That said however we will note this suggestion in our files and should it become a more suggested item, it will be seriously looked at again.

We are part of a smaller and smaller amount of properties that still offer smoking and non-smoking rooms. I do not foresee us getting completely rid of the smoking rooms, as this allows us to separate the two and takes away any excuse for a smoker to smoke in one of our dedicated non-smoking rooms. Because of this we have no issue in being very serious and able to stand our ground to fine a guest for smoking in our non-smoking rooms. As to the blanket with the small burn hole, we do regret that it was in that room. However before it would have been moved it would have also been cleaned prior to being placed on your bed. A little something that most people would not know is that we do not use a washing machine; we use a commercial extractor to clean our sheets, blankets etc. This does a much greater job of cleaning along with the automated adding of bleach and sanitizers to each and every load.