“Nice & clean”
Review of Raintree Inn

Raintree Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ada
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed at this Best Western twice while visiting relatives in Ada, OK. The room was very clean. Staff very pleasant. The Raintree was conveniently located and we had no trouble finding it. The room was very quiet. Not outside traffic noises or loud guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for your comments, we always appreciate guest feedback and use this feedback to always try and improve on guest satisfaction. Currently the property is undergoing several renovations that we hope will continue to meet and exceed guest expectation.

As, an older property renovations are always on going, some of what is taking place at this time, is all new plug and play flat panel televisions. The plug and play ability was a key feature we looked for based on customer feedback, with guest wanting to be able to attach the external gaming consoles to the televisions. We are currently working on new landscaping, and removing wall vinyl and texturing and painting the guest room walls. We are also currently planning the remodeling of our breakfast area, desk and lobby, which should be taking place in the next few months.

There are newer reviews for Raintree Inn

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel. We stayed there 3 days. We did not have the room cleaned at all the whole time!!!!!! We had to call to the service desk for clean towels!!!! When the towels were brought to our room ,we were told WE DON'T ISSUE CLEAN TOWELS TILL YOU TURN IN THE DIRTY ONES!!!!! We worked nights and slept during the day, there fore our room didn't get room service. I had to go to the service desk to request our trash to be removed and more clean towels. There was mold in our shower and the shower curtain was very dirty, the toilet was very dirty. The wall paper was coming off the wall in our room. On the last day the air conditioner would not come on at all. We tried to use the coffe pot and when it was rised out there was roach parts in it. The breakfast was uneatable all micowaved and tuff. The whole place smells old and musky. There was no heated pool to use( not in season) Really do you use a heated pool in the summer. The TV in the room was very fussy . The only good thing this hotel had to offer was good water pressure and plenty of hot water.

Room Tip: find another hotel this one does live up to it's name of quality.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

We hate to have any customer that is disappointed with a stay at the property; we also dislike half truths and misleading information. While I have no doubt this lady was disappointed, not all of what she stated in her comments are completely true. It is not often that the owner and myself have most or all of the first hand information, when we are dealing with a person after their stay, however in this case, thanks to the stomach virus that has been going around, the owner was covering the 7:00AM – 3:00pm shift and I was covering the 11:00pm – 7:00am shifts when most of the interaction between this property and this guest took place.

Day sleepers can provide some challenged in this industry, unless you are a hotel with some volume of people that leave though out the day and night and have the opportunity and need for these rooms to be made available for rent again the same day. A hotel can not bring staff in hours early to work for less than an hour and then to sit and wait. There are times a hotel will have a group of day sleepers and this will allow a hotel to schedule staff in early, as there is a demand that will keep them busy.

What the reviewer fails to state is that she and her room mate where here working nights and sleeping during the day. They actually only stayed two days as they checked in on a Monday morning and left on Wednesday morning. They where not due housekeeping on Monday as they had just checked in that day. On Tuesday morning around 7:30AM they called and complained that they had not had maid service. It was explained to them that the housekeeping staff would be in at 9:00AM and would come right to there room to clean it, that was not acceptable to them. They then asked for towels, the owner took towels to their room, when she took the towels to the room, she asked if they would like her to remove the old towels, no demand was made for them, just an offer to remove them. On Wednesday morning as scheduled they checked out. Some times it does require that the guest work with the business to give them the best possible service to meet needs, not just the guest demands. It also needs to be said that they told our evening desk clerk that they went to bed around 7:00AM and got up around 7:00PM.

In addressing the breakfast, we as most hotels today are a limited service property, we do not offer a full service restaurant and bar, as one might expect to find in a full service property. As with most hotel breakfast today, yes most all items come to the property frozen. That said, almost all of the items we serve we first had at a different hotel and then found out who made the product. All products are prepared as per the manufactures instructions and if more than one way to prepare the item is available each way was tried to deliver the best product. Our breakfast tends to be more extensive than most other limited service hotels. We offer scrambled eggs, cheddar omelets or breakfast burritos, sausage, biscuits and gravy, toast, an assortment of pastries and cereals, along with coffee, two types of milk and two juices and more. While this person may have complained in her review, she did not complain while here and her entire party ate rather heftily while here.

As to the condition of her room, since they never said anything while they were here, we can no longer view it as they viewed it. However as I have said the owner and I had dealings with these people each day and there is no doubt that had the room been as described, they would have said something, demanding a different room or demanded to go to a different hotel.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at this property with our two grandchildren on Friday, January 4th, and found it to be very nice and comfortable. It fit our needs perfectly and the staff was very nice and helpful. My only complaint was about the ice machine and my husband addressed the problem with the front desk. After we got to our room, my husband went to get some ice out of the machine and found many browns flecks in the ice. He showed the front desk staff and they were very apologetic. We did have to leave the room after a long day of travel to go drive down the street to buy a bag of ice but that was the only problem we had here. We had a very early check out the next morning and the breakfast was very good....not just the standard continental breakfast. Omelets, biscuits and gravy, toast, sausage links and cereal. Everything was nice and hot and the coffee was great...just what the grandparents needed for the beginning of another day of travel with 2 grandchildren!! This was a very comfortable stay for us but if you are expecting a place that is brand new with tons of fancy ammenities, then this is not the place for you. We prefer these types of older but clean and homey type of properties to stay as we are usually in the room only long enough to sleep and will definitely be back here on our next visit to Ada, OK. We just hope the ice machine lines get cleaned before our next stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Donna,
Thank you so much for your review and sharing it with everyone with Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I want to apologize about the ice, I was working the over night shift the day you checked in and my clerk did tell me about it, when I arrived. While we do have cleaning and preventative maintenance procedures to help avoid problems as this, sometimes those policies and procedures are not enough. Ice machines that are available to the public are sealed so that people can not get into the ice holding bin that can also mean we don’t spot issues that are not normal as fast. Cleaning and maintenance procedures had been followed, but this time it needed attention a bit sooner than normal. I did empty the machine and clean it that very night so that this problem was corrected as soon as it came to my attention.

I do want to thank you for bringing it to our attention, you might be surprised as how little is brought to our attention so that we can correct an issue, before it effects the next person.

Sincerely
Brett Tribbey

Reviewed December 4, 2012

It is always great staying here, we stay at this Motel everytime we visit our kids! The staff is very friendly and always willing to go above and beyond for you here, They keep the rooms nice and we always have a very enjoyable stay while visiting Ada!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Brett T, General Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Thank you for your comments, we always strive to maintain the property, I hope your stay with us was in one of the freshly repainted rooms. We are pleased to be renovating the entire property, starting with the new flat panel televisions, new paint and texture, with so much more to follow. While we are just in the beginning processes, over the next three years the entire property will be completely redone and we are already hearing great feedback on what is already done.

We always enjoy repeat guest, as we open our property up to everyone, repeat guest remind us of family coming back home, as we get to know guest as yourself.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I travelled to Oklahoma from Australia & stayed here for 2 weeks & do not have 1 compliant!! The room was clean, the bed was super comfy & the location was good with many dining options nearby. The staff were outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. Even a check in at 2am.
The breakfast was great with a variety of options.
My only suggestions would be to have a DVD player in the room & keep the smoking rooms bedding for the smoking rooms as there was a burn hole in one of the blankets on the bed & I had a non smoking room. It didn't bother me but some guests it may.
I read some reviews that complained about the decor being dated, I personally thought it to be charming & gave the place character. I felt very at home here.
I will definitely be staying here again when I go back to Oklahoma.
Awesome job Raintree!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Aussie1881
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments, we have read and shared your comments with all of our staff and you made them all feel wonderful, we are so happy to have a staff that really does care and that that caring is shown and seen by our guest. We are a small property so we tend to get to know our guest a little more than some larger properties tend to be able to and try and treat each guest as if they are guest in our home.

We do so agree with you about the property having character and we are also in the middle of remodeling the property. We are attempting to maintain this character and not allow the property to be turned into a cookie cutter styling just because it is what is hip and in today, we always try to maintain a classic styling. Currently we are replacing all of our televisions with brand new LG flat panels and removing the wall vinyl, texturing and painting all of our rooms. As I write this letter, I am just back from looking at a room that has had one of the new custom mixed paints placed on the wall, it is offers a new fresh and warm feeling to the room. We will also be re-tiling all of our bathrooms over the next couple of years, while also redoing our breakfast area, desk, lobby and the exterior of the property over the next two years. I do hope we will see you again and that you will get to see these rooms, as I think you will really enjoy them, even more than what we have today.

To your suggestions DVD players are something we have considered in the past, however they do not make commercial DVD players of the hospitality industry and today so many people are traveling with gaming consoles that will play DVD’s we have opted at this time not to do so. That said however we will note this suggestion in our files and should it become a more suggested item, it will be seriously looked at again.

We are part of a smaller and smaller amount of properties that still offer smoking and non-smoking rooms. I do not foresee us getting completely rid of the smoking rooms, as this allows us to separate the two and takes away any excuse for a smoker to smoke in one of our dedicated non-smoking rooms. Because of this we have no issue in being very serious and able to stand our ground to fine a guest for smoking in our non-smoking rooms. As to the blanket with the small burn hole, we do regret that it was in that room. However before it would have been moved it would have also been cleaned prior to being placed on your bed. A little something that most people would not know is that we do not use a washing machine; we use a commercial extractor to clean our sheets, blankets etc. This does a much greater job of cleaning along with the automated adding of bleach and sanitizers to each and every load.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had made a rez a week before we were to be here. We were on the road, and arrived just before sunset. Upon check in , the girl stated that they had just painted a door there, but it should be dry. I said ok. They had been renovating. And they had no other rooms.
We got checked in and the curtains would not shut all the way. I fought with them until I called someone to come up and bring a pin for me. They had NO pins. I said I would go buy some pins if they would discount the room. They became offended, and said they could not offer a discount on top of my AAA.
Ok, I finally got the curtains to close with a book. Then the next thing I know the manager is pounding on the door. The girl up front had called to say he was on his way. He was very mean, and was quick to point out that they had just hung the curtains that morning, and I must be doing something wrong. He made it very clear at that point that I could leave and find another hotel, and he'd refund my money. I told him I was very tired(been driving all day), and that since I got the curtain to close, we would just stay. But the strong scent of paint got worse and worse as the evening went on----we were both getting headaches. So at almost midnight, I called up to say we were leaving. They did refund my money(as well they should), but said that there were NO other hotels available in Ada.
Well, we went straight to the Holiday Inn Express, and they gave me a discounted room which was MUCH nicer than the previous one, and did not stick of paint.
I will NEVER attempt to stay at the Best Western again because of this horrible experience. They knew a week ahead that I was coming, and should NOT have painted the day of my arrival.
And the manager was very pissy about the whole thing. As a matter of fact, NOW the name Best Western leaves a bad taste in my mouth---I highly doubt I would EVER stay there, no matter what the town was.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you don't care the shape of the room---the toilet seat was all staine...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

We value all of our customers and work to meet any needs or that any guest may have or request. Luckily it is rare I have to respond to a review or guest complaint of this type and have to take the stance I am going to have to take in writing this response. I apologize for the length of this response, however it takes this length to respond to such comments as stated by this person and I want any who read this to know the entire facts.

We are in the midst of completely remodeling this property and the room you occupied had been occupied by one other guest since it had been painted, however there was still a hint of fresh paint smell in the room, since we had just touched up the connecting doors.

I had been on the property when you arrived and I left for the day shortly after your arrival. I had called the property to tell them something, about ten or so minutes after leaving and you had apparently just returned to the desk when I called. My desk clerk asked me to hold for a moment so that she could talk with you. She had just laid the phone down, without actually placing me on hold, so I was able to hear what was talking place. I ended up pulling over and listening because of the tone, attitude and volume level I heard coming from a guest. After a few minutes of listening I turned around and drove back to the property, arriving shortly after you left the desk.

Upon my return to the property I spoke with both desk clerks about what was going on and decided to also contact the property owner, about what I had heard and what had been relayed to me from the desk clerks. It was decided that the best option was most likely just give you your money back and send you down the road, but we also knew that there could be more to the story that we where aware of.

I had my clerk call you and tell you that I was on the property and was coming down to speak with you. In truth I was on the property to evict you from the property, based on the conversation I heard between you and my desk staff, they are not paid enough to be asked to take that type of treatment.

To clarify all of your complaints that you made while here and in your review:
1. Room air conditioner was not on.
2. Guest room refrigerator was not on.
3. Curtains would not close.
4. Room smelled of fresh paint.
5. Mean manager pounded on your door.

As to the room’s air conditioner, no they are not left on, except during extreme heat or cold. You had been in your room for less than an hour when I came down to your room and the room was already cooler than it was outside. I had called time and temperature it was 73 degrees out side and we had a high for the day in the low 80’s.

Your refrigerator not being left on, we do not leave on all of the refrigerators in the property as all rooms may not be rented and not all guests will use them. They take less than an hour to cool down once turned on. As with our air conditioners and refrigerators managing the electrical use is part of our efforts of not wasting energy within our green initiative.

Yes the room smelled of fresh paint, as the room had been painted a few days before and on the day of your arrival we had just touched up the paint on the connecting doors. The room had been rented the day before your arrival with no issues. However I will be the first to admit some people can be more sensitive to odors such as paint than others. Hence we advised you upon arrival that some painting had occurred that day in the room.

When I arrived at your room you had the bible holding the curtains closed. When I removed the bible and gave them a ever so light tug together they closed perfectly. I did not have to make any adjustments to the curtain rod or adjust the curtain hooks.

In addressing the mean manager, I did come to your room to evict you, but before making any decision; I chose to speak with you first to see if I could resolve the issues. As you stated in your review you where tired, but not from driving, but from rock hunting all day. You where in tears upon my arrival and I felt that maybe you where just tired and that once you had some rest everything would be better, so as the mean manager I decided not to evict you from the property. Roughly four hours later you decided you wanted to leave, at this point I would have been well within my right not to refund your money, as you had been given ample time to decide to stay or leave, however when you left four hours later I still had the desk refund your money.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I would definitely recommend this motel. Staff was very friendly, the price was reasonable, the motel was clean, the room was clean, the breakfast was your standard continental breakfast, and it was quiet and restful!

Room Tip: Great value and clean!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rose F
Brett T, Manager at Raintree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Rose, thank you for your review of our property, we greatly appreciate the feedback as it helps us to meet our guest expectations.

I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast as we have recently expanded it, to include scrambled eggs, cheddar omelets or breakfast burritos, link sausage, toast, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, hot and cold cereal, danishes and muffins.

Since your stay, we have also started installing our new flat panel televisions and are continuing to upgrade our room décor. We have been removing the wall vinyl, texturing and paining with a new paint scheme. While it is going to be a long process, we are also gutting each guest bathroom and retiling each room.

I hope you will return and enjoy the new look as these rooms progress.